Year 2020 January Mums

Hello all! I tested positive on 5dp5dt (conceived through IVF/ICSI) (10DPO) on 27 Apr :) Based on my conception date, my estimated due date should be around 8 Jan.

I am going for my first U/S on 13 May (around 5w3d) - hopefully can see something.

Congrats ladies! All the short form really new to me. Hahaha. I tested positive yesterday so we straight go to look for gynae. Done ultrasound for the 1st time. Still a little dot. I will be going for 2nd scan in 2 weeks later. Rmb to drink lots of water before and do not pee. Hahaha

That's fast! How fa
Congrats ladies! All the short form really new to me. Hahaha. I tested positive yesterday so we straight go to look for gynae. Done ultrasound for the 1st time. Still a little dot. I will be going for 2nd scan in 2 weeks later. Rmb to drink lots of water before and do not pee. Hahaha
That's fast! How far along were you?

Hi All,

I’ve tested positive on 3 May, going by app edd shd be 14 Jan. 2nd time mum here and each pregnancy is really different as I got bfp 9dpo this time, very fast and today will be seeing gynae.

Hi All,

I’ve tested positive on 3 May, going by app edd shd be 14 Jan. 2nd time mum here and each pregnancy is really different as I got bfp 9dpo this time, very fast and today will be seeing gynae.

Congrats! We may need your advice more. Mostly r first time mummy. May I know what is bfp 9dpo?

Congrats! We may need your advice more. Mostly r first time mummy. May I know what is bfp 9dpo?

Hi Akikopoh, bfp 9dpo means big fat positive, 9 days past ovulation. Just an update i’ve Seen my gynae but as my hcg levels is just 1100+ so she said can’t be seen on ultrasound and asked me to go back next Tuesday for a scan b4 I fly off on Thursday if I want a piece of mind cuz by then my hcg levels should hit 1500 and can be seen on ultrasound.

Hi Akikopoh, bfp 9dpo means big fat positive, 9 days past ovulation. Just an update i’ve Seen my gynae but as my hcg levels is just 1100+ so she said can’t be seen on ultrasound and asked me to go back next Tuesday for a scan b4 I fly off on Thursday if I want a piece of mind cuz by then my hcg levels should hit 1500 and can be seen on ultrasound.

Thank u aprillia85 for your explanation. My gynae didnt mention anything about my hcg but he said 2 weeks later come back for a scan. To make sure baby is in the water bag.

Thank u aprillia85 for your explanation. My gynae didnt mention anything about my hcg but he said 2 weeks later come back for a scan. To make sure baby is in the water bag.

U’re welcomed Akikopoh wish all the mummies to be can see their babies in the right conditions with the flickering heart on the ultrasound screen soon! I was able to hearty no.1’s heartbeat by 5wks5days but becuz we’ll be flying off for vacation nx Thursday so by the time we return for the nx scan will be my 7th week. Hopefully everything goes well!

Hi all,

My wife is pregnant and tested positive on April 26 and we are so excited. But confused which doctor to consult. We are planning to do delivery in Thomson. Anyone has some recommendation?

Hi all,

My wife is pregnant and tested positive on April 26 and we are so excited. But confused which doctor to consult. We are planning to do delivery in Thomson. Anyone has some recommendation?

Hi anusurabhi1234, congrats! I delivered my no.1 in Thomson by Dr A L Lim. He’s very experienced and friendly but waiting time rather Long.. that’s why this time round i’ve Switched to see gynae at KKH as KKH has more food to eat and shop my Friend just delivered her baby 2 months back in Thomson by Dr Yvonne Chan. Her reviews are good and waiting time also manageable, maybe you can consider

Hi apprillia85, thank you for the suggestion. I got another suggestion also from another friend about Dr. Ben Choey Wei Yen who has clinic in AMK. He helps deliveries in Thomson too. Since the clinic is not in Thomson itself, waiting time not that long and that is what I heard. Do you or your friends know about him as well?

Hi all,

Congrats! I went to punggol plaza gynae Dr Woo Bit Hwa. I think he quite famous and was intro by my sis. Her both kids is delivered by him.

Hi apprillia85, thank you for the suggestion. I got another suggestion also from another friend about Dr. Ben Choey Wei Yen who has clinic in AMK. He helps deliveries in Thomson too. Since the clinic is not in Thomson itself, waiting time not that long and that is what I heard. Do you or your friends know about him as well?

Sorry, nope. Another name that came close to Dr. Ben Choey that i’ve Heard of is Dr Benjamin Tham

Congrats! I went to punggol plaza gynae Dr Woo Bit Hwa. I think he quite famous and was intro by my sis. Her both kids is delivered by him.

Hey Akikopoh, do you live in Punggol? I’m living in Punggol and would like to see a gynae nearby but there’s some bad reviews about Dr Woo Bit Hwa so I didn’t go to him.. do you find him good?

Hey Akikopoh, do you live in Punggol? I’m living in Punggol and would like to see a gynae nearby but there’s some bad reviews about Dr Woo Bit Hwa so I didn’t go to him.. do you find him good?
I found it ok. I didnt stay punggol. I stay at bedok hahahaha.

Hiii! I just tested positive last nite! EDD by GP currently at 9 Jan~ need to find a OB first before can determine actual EDD ^^ estimated 5 weeks right now

Hello everybody~ I just did my first checkup today. My EDD is 04 Jan. Praying that the baby doesn't get overly enthu and come out early. It's a scary but exciting journey, and I'm glad to have found this forum to help me along the way.

Attachments

• IMG_20190510_224922.jpg
    IMG_20190510_224922.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 749
Hello everybody~ I just did my first checkup today. My EDD is 04 Jan. Praying that the baby doesn't get overly enthu and come out early. It's a scary but exciting journey, and I'm glad to have found this forum to help me along the way.

Hi luv88! Congrats to you! Try to stay calm and talk to your baby on when he/she can comes out, it works for my no.1 :) Your scan is so nicely labelled! Can I ask which gynae do you go to?

Last edited:
Hi luv88! Congrats to you! Try to stay calm and talk to your baby on when he/she can comes out, it works for my no.1 :) Your scan is so nicely labelled! Can I ask which gynae do you go to?
Hi aprillia85! Thanks for the advice! :) I went to Thomson Women's Clinic at Tampines for the scan yesterday coz it was near my mum's place. But looking to go elsewhere for my follow ups. Considering to get a referral letter from polyclinic to go to KKH (I was born there!) for subsidized rates..would rather scrimp and save now for the baby's future expenses. Where did you go for your first? :)

Hi aprillia85! Thanks for the advice! :) I went to Thomson Women's Clinic at Tampines for the scan yesterday coz it was near my mum's place. But looking to go elsewhere for my follow ups. Considering to get a referral letter from polyclinic to go to KKH (I was born there!) for subsidized rates..would rather scrimp and save now for the baby's future expenses. Where did you go for your first? :)

I went to Thomson Medical for my 1st under Dr A L Lim but the waiting time was really Long and the hospital stay though was comfortable but nothing much to shop and eat for my hub so this time round go to KKH under Dr KT Tan. Why don’t you go private under KKH? For KKH subsidised rates you’ll be seeing different dr each time..

We can all celebrate together next year! So exciting! :)

Yea! Got to take good care of ourselves! Pregnancy though is exciting journey but can also be scary as I have 2 friends who lost their babies mid term thru their pregnancies.. you gals must have close follow ups with gynae and other drs if you all have other medical condition ok? Like I have hypothyroid so I see my endocrinologist every 2 weeks now as the balance of thyroid levels is very important for baby’s brain development and overall development. All the best gals!

I went to Thomson Medical for my 1st under Dr A L Lim but the waiting time was really Long and the hospital stay though was comfortable but nothing much to shop and eat for my hub so this time round go to KKH under Dr KT Tan. Why don’t you go private under KKH? For KKH subsidised rates you’ll be seeing different dr each time..

Actually I haven't quite understood what's the difference between private vs govt vs subsidised rate yet. Just instinctively wanted to choose the cheapest option. :D Heard from another friend that she chose Mt A for all 3 of her deliveries coz it's peaceful and quiet there. Maybe I need to do hospital tours to better decide!

Hi ladies! Glad to see more Jan edd mummies coming up! Excited for my first gynae visit coming Tuesday. I will be 6w5d. Praying to hear a heartbeat. Second time mom here!

Morning ladies, I'm officially 5 weeks today! I wonder if I'll have nothing sickness starting next week..? Hahaha.. the body's hormones work like clockwork!

I'll be delivering at TMC like my first! But I've yet to make an appt for first scan. I think I'm taking it too easy this time, but I'm paranoid at the same time if that even makes sense..

Luv88, hospital tours might help in you making decisions but I've not been to any.

Like what April said, everyone pls take care ok? Take lots of rest too!

Hello all mummies to be! Good things must share! :) I applied for free samples in the following link and got all these!

There is a can of 400g Similac Maternal Milk (strawberry flavour), another 2 packs in Vanilla and Strawberry, 2 small towels and a $5 discount voucher, all in the pretty purple bagpack! I think it's limited to 1 per household. Do try it out!

https://abbottfamily.com.sg/campaigns/9C33E92E-DB0B-403A-BD71-AE7D7E139130

I applied for Dumex's as well. Waiting for it to arrive :)

Attachments

• IMG_20190511_124003.jpg
    IMG_20190511_124003.jpg
    883.9 KB · Views: 441

I’m seeing Dr Wong too! Edd is 4 Jan as well :) he delivered my first and we’re comfortable with him cos he’s so gentle and assuring. Next appt with him is on 22 May to check for heartbeat. So nervous!

Attachments

• 78C748E6-0215-49BB-A838-90E5F01858B6.jpeg
    78C748E6-0215-49BB-A838-90E5F01858B6.jpeg
    719.9 KB · Views: 459
I’m seeing Dr Wong too! Edd is 4 Jan as well :) he delivered my first and we’re comfortable with him cos he’s so gentle and assuring. Next appt with him is on 22 May to check for heartbeat. So nervous!
Woohoo~ congratulations! Such coincidence! Same doctor and same EDD. Do you mind sharing with me how much was your delivery cost for your first with Dr Wong? How much by cash and how much by Medisave? So we can prepare our pockets :D

There is a new women’s clinic at oasis terrace. Not sure about the gynae and the reviews though but just FYI :)

There is a new women’s clinic at oasis terrace. Not sure about the gynae and the reviews though but just FYI :)
Woohoo~ congratulations! Such coincidence! Same doctor and same EDD. Do you mind sharing with me how much was your delivery cost for your first with Dr Wong? How much by cash and how much by Medisave? So we can prepare our pockets :D

TMC hospital charge (2 bedder) - $2700
Doctors fee (normal delivery with epidural) - $2750
Medisave deduction - $2550
Total cash payment - $2750

Still got fees for the baby (injections, PD visits, etc). I think this one is about $800.

This was in 2016. I’m sure the charges have increased. Hope this helps!

TMC hospital charge (2 bedder) - $2700
Doctors fee (normal delivery with epidural) - $2750
Medisave deduction - $2550
Total cash payment - $2750

Still got fees for the baby (injections, PD visits, etc). I think this one is about $800.

This was in 2016. I’m sure the charges have increased. Hope this helps!
Thank you very much! It's much cheaper than I thought. A friend told me she spent about 10k for each kid, that's why it scared me to think about going to polyclinic to get referral letter for subsidized rate, since we're planning for 3 kids :D Quick question, how did you decide whether or not to take epidural? I have some friends who took, and a few who didn't.

Last edited:
Thank you very much! It's much cheaper than I thought. A friend told me she spent about 10k for each kid, that's why it scared me to think about going to polyclinic to get referral letter for subsidized rate, since we're planning for 3 kids :D Quick question, how did you decide whether or not to take epidural? I have some friends who took, and a few who didn't.

Yea I’ve heard of 10k before too. Maybe those are mt e one bedder kinda rates? Haha. But tmc is quite decent! I went into labour without the intention to take epidural actually. But my dilation was taking forever (2 hrs 1cm!!) and the pain got sooo bad. I guess with labour, you just gotta roll with the punches.

Yea I’ve heard of 10k before too. Maybe those are mt e one bedder kinda rates? Haha. But tmc is quite decent! I went into labour without the intention to take epidural actually. But my dilation was taking forever (2 hrs 1cm!!) and the pain got sooo bad. I guess with labour, you just gotta roll with the punches.
So for you, you initially intended to not take painkiller but in the end base on the situation, you thought it's more suitable to take it so you took it?

I'm thinking of not taking it as well~

Omigosh! How many hours were you in labour? Must have gotten really bad :(

Back