Year 2020 IVF Mums

All ivf fresh/frozen, iui cycle have already halt due to virus outbreak in govt hospital (nuh/sgh/kkh). Those doing next month/following month suspended until further notice

All ivf fresh/frozen, iui cycle have already halt due to virus outbreak in govt hospital (nuh/sgh/kkh). Those doing next month/following month suspended until further notice
Hi how did you find out they halted ivf and iui cycles? do you know if this affects both public and private patients?

Hi how did you find out they halted ivf and iui cycles? do you know if this affects both public and private patients?

I only know it affect public/restructed hospital. My chatgroup got some doing ivf, the in charge nurse inform them. My facebook group also hv some being postpone. As for private hospital, i dun hv any info about it

I only know it affect public/restructed hospital. My chatgroup got some doing ivf, the in charge nurse inform them. My facebook group also hv some being postpone. As for private hospital, i dun hv any info about it
Ah ok, thanks so much for quick reply! I was wondering whether private patient (instead of subsidised patient) at public/restructured hospital also affected. Let's hope the virus situation improves soon :)

Ah ok, thanks so much for quick reply! I was wondering whether private patient (instead of subsidised patient) at public/restructured hospital also affected. Let's hope the virus situation improves soon :)

Is the same as long is under public/restructured hospital regardless private or subsidised patient

Saw this on fb I recvd a call fr NUH,due to escalation to Dorscon orange, subspecialty clinics in NUH will be temporarily closed. And all elective non urgent surgeries will also be postponed.

Last edited:
Is the same as long is under public/restructured hospital regardless private or subsidised patient

Saw this on fb I recvd a call fr NUH,due to escalation to Dorscon orange, subspecialty clinics in NUH will be temporarily closed. And all elective non urgent surgeries will also be postponed.
Ok thank you so much! That is very helpful info!!

Hi Ladies, just called nuh and the clinics are closed and all procedures and counsellings cancelled. I was told to call in when dorscon turns yellow. FYI..

Hi Ladies, just called nuh and the clinics are closed and all procedures and counsellings cancelled. I was told to call in when dorscon turns yellow. FYI..
Thanks ladies! I also just called CHR this morning and they did confirm that they are asking all their patients to cancel their upcoming procedures until dorscon returns to yellow again

Hi ladies anyone waited for more than 2 weeks for the harmony test results? My result is still pending and I was told it needs another week. Any idea if the test is still done in the US or locally now? TIA

Gynae told me that harmony test is sent to kkh. But not sure if it’s then sent to US but the pano test is sent to US.

Hi Ladies, I am in my 15th week now and have been off duphaston for 3 weeks now and my doctor has not restarted any support medicines again. I was on very heavy support medicine dose after procedure so still get anxious. Is it normal to be taken off the support medication? Also has any of your doctors recommended anti flu shot during this time? First time mom so get worried about everything.

Hi Ladies, I am in my 15th week now and have been off duphaston for 3 weeks now and my doctor has not restarted any support medicines again. I was on very heavy support medicine dose after procedure so still get anxious. Is it normal to be taken off the support medication? Also has any of your doctors recommended anti flu shot during this time? First time mom so get worried about everything.
I’m 14th week and not on any support other than multivitamin. Don’t worry as your placenta has taken over the job.

Hi everyone, I have graduated from ivf pregnancy and had some left over medication. Please let me know if anyone is interested. I'm giving away free.

Utrogestan 100mg
2 boxes, brand new. Expired on 06/2020.

Hemoplex
1box, brand new. Expired on 06/2020.

Cavit-D3
Used and left 26tabs. Expired on 11/2020

Prolacta
Used and left 15capsules. Expired on 11/2021

Hi anyone has abdomen cramps before the positive Beta test? The nurse said cld be the uterus expanding. But just yesterday the cramps are gone and I don't feel anything now.. Getting worried.

Hi,

I was taken off duphaston in week 10. Started having a little spotting in week 13 so my gynae prescribed 14 more days of duphaston just in case. Think the body supposed to be able to support that's why gynae took me off it. Shd be quite normal.

Hi IVF warriors, my husband and I have just started our first IVF journey this month. We are currently going through the initial tests for both me and him. Can someone summarize what to expect after doctor's review of these test results? I am a bit apprehensive and would be grateful for any advice from IVF warriors who had been there and done that =)
thanks!

Any recommendations for gynae at KKH for Twins?
Any Doc is ivf experience?

Hi!
The KKH doctor who took over my 2nd fresh ivf cycle is a young consultant, Dr Chua Ka Hee. I am 27 weeks pregnant with DCDA twins (a girl & a boy). So far, I am happy to be his patient. I dont have many questions like a list etc type of person. Rather, he is the one who will share what he thinks I have to know as a higher risk 39 yo pregnant woman w twins.

Thats all for now. Wrt C-sect skill, I shall update after my week 37 delivery in end May, hopefully.

Cheers.

U
Hi!
The KKH doctor who took over my 2nd fresh ivf cycle is a young consultant, Dr Chua Ka Hee. I am 27 weeks pregnant with DCDA twins (a girl & a boy). So far, I am happy to be his patient. I dont have many questions like a list etc type of person. Rather, he is the one who will share what he thinks I have to know as a higher risk 39 yo pregnant woman w twins.

Thats all for now. Wrt C-sect skill, I shall update after my week 37 delivery in end May, hopefully.

Cheers.
Dear YL6128 thanks for sharing
And congratulations with your twins

I'm choosing to do water birthing. So it was recommended that NUH Dr Chitra is both good and pro water birth. But she's fully booked until next yr Apr. I went to take NUH Dr Vanaja instead, who's the next best, but there's mixed reviews about her.

Anyway, I think it depends on what birthing method you wish to take up. I went to attend a talk by doula agency FourTrimesters. Learned that some doctors are more into caesaerians than natural. U may wish to start from there.
Hi, how is your experience with Dr Vanaja so far?

Whose IVF treatment got stopped because of circuit breaker :(

I am supposed to do ivf this cycle, and yesterday Friday was my full flow, and Saturday they couldn’t do blood test until Monday, and guideline from moh came in last night, and so because due to this technicality, my IVF treatment has to postpone

Whose IVF treatment got stopped because of circuit breaker :(

I am supposed to do ivf this cycle, and yesterday Friday was my full flow, and Saturday they couldn’t do blood test until Monday, and guideline from moh came in last night, and so because due to this technicality, my IVF treatment has to postpone
Which hospital or clinic are you with and can you share the latest moh guideline?

Hi,

i was supposed to do my IUI this cycle. I called my clinic this morning & they said they all received a memo last night that Fertility treatments are considered as non-essential with effect from today.
Everything have to wait till after circuit breaker.

Which hospital or clinic are you with and can you share the latest moh guideline?

All govt hospital and private clinics are affected, priority will be given to woman above 35, low egg reserve or low sperm quality.
Those ongoing Ivf treatment will still be allowed to continue

I am most frustrated, if only my full flow came 1 day earlier

All govt hospital and private clinics are affected, priority will be given to woman above 35, low egg reserve or low sperm quality.
Those ongoing Ivf treatment will still be allowed to continue

I am most frustrated, if only my full flow came 1 day earlier
Oh means those who haven't started can't Start even if above 35?

Oh means those who haven't started can't Start even if above 35?

yes, cannot, I had very bad experience at one of our local hospital, Friday morning already called in to inform them of full flow, but the nurse were busy and so only call back until late Friday afternoon, and assured me blood test next Monday will still be ok.

Friday evening the guidelines came, and so I’m denied this cycle and subsequent cycle until the extended circuit breaker ends

The nurse told me they cannot proceed unless moh gave exception, but the hospital is not willing to appeal for us, but we as patient are free to appeal.

i called moh for verification, and moh told me ivf will be allowed to proceed as long mense came before the circular was issued, however final decision will still be with the doctor and hospital.

Moh was also curious why is it patient doing the appeal and not the hospital doing it too.

Just my luck I feel

I'm currently 6 weeks+ pregnant after my first ivf cycle at KKH. My next ultrasound will be during week 8 and it seems that after that i will be seeing a regular O&G doctor. Can any ivf mummies advise if it's better to continue as a subsidised patient or a private patient? I did not get a polyclinic referral when i started seeing Dr Sadhana. seems that she is recommending me to continue as a private patient. She recommended a few O&G docs to me: Dr Ada Ng, Dr Sheri Lim and Dr Jill Lee. thanks.

I'm currently 6 weeks+ pregnant after my first ivf cycle at KKH. My next ultrasound will be during week 8 and it seems that after that i will be seeing a regular O&G doctor. Can any ivf mummies advise if it's better to continue as a subsidised patient or a private patient? I did not get a polyclinic referral when i started seeing Dr Sadhana. seems that she is recommending me to continue as a private patient. She recommended a few O&G docs to me: Dr Ada Ng, Dr Sheri Lim and Dr Jill Lee. thanks.

Up for you. Would like to know this too

You will get what you pay for :)

you have the choice of other doctors outside KKH too.

Up for you. Would like to know this too
i'm 22 weeks now and have gone with KKH private. Am with Dr Sheri Lim. i'm a first time mum so not sure what makes a good gynae but she's very nice, chirpy and friendly. I think those who wanna save $$ can go the subsidised route and change to private at week 32. if i'm not wrong, it's 30+ for subsidised consultation and $100+ for private consultation. For private, you can choose a doc whereas you see a different doc if you are a subsidised patient. so really depends on what you prefer. there's prob no difference in waiting time. my appts are abt once every 5, 6 weeks so the cost still manageable. Except in the early weeks where i had brown discharge, i saw the doc at week 6, went to urgent o&g at week 7 and had another appt at week 8.. that was an expensive month.

Back