What do you drink during pregnancy?

mpig

Before discovering I was pregnant, I drink one cup of coffee a day (sometimes two), and lots of coke and ice lemon tea.

Now, I am told, no coffee, no tea, no soft drinks. So what actually can I drink besides milo? Fruit juices? Ribena?

Recently, I start to develop "hate" for plain water. The minute i try to drink some plain water, I feel like puking.
I know I should refrain from cold drinks... but with a weather like ours, I still do sip a mouth or so.

So just wondering what do all of you drink when you are pregnant? ;)

Before discovering I was pregnant, I drink one cup of coffee a day (sometimes two), and lots of coke and ice lemon tea.

Now, I am told, no coffee, no tea, no soft drinks. So what actually can I drink besides milo? Fruit juices? Ribena?

Recently, I start to develop "hate" for plain water. The minute i try to drink some plain water, I feel like puking.
I know I should refrain from cold drinks... but with a weather like ours, I still do sip a mouth or so.

So just wondering what do all of you drink when you are pregnant? ;)
I'm quite stubborn so actually I still drink my ice coffee in the morning else I'll experience really very bad EVERYDAY headache if I stop. Although I still drink cold drinks such as Milo peng & sometimes sip sip my hubby's soft drink, I think moderation is the key.
I do take maternal milk at night before I sleep & at least for me I do get thirsty very easily so I naturally down lots of plain water throughout the day

I think some iced drink is ok but can't be frequent lah.
need to protect your lo also.
Plain water is still very important. I drank warm lemon water and red date water instead sometimes.
maybe you feel this way due to morning sickness in your first trimester. Try some tonic with Sih Shen which can boost appetite and relieve morning sickness. both tian yuan xiang chicken essence and eu yan san has this kind of chicken essence. might help.

I'm quite stubborn so actually I still drink my ice coffee in the morning else I'll experience really very bad EVERYDAY headache if I stop. Although I still drink cold drinks such as Milo peng & sometimes sip sip my hubby's soft drink, I think moderation is the key.
I do take maternal milk at night before I sleep & at least for me I do get thirsty very easily so I naturally down lots of plain water throughout the day

I know right... my headache is killing me.

I dunno why but the min I smell milk... I wanna puke. Not sure how am I going to survive the maternal milk :(

I think some iced drink is ok but can't be frequent lah.
need to protect your lo also.
Plain water is still very important. I drank warm lemon water and red date water instead sometimes.
maybe you feel this way due to morning sickness in your first trimester. Try some tonic with Sih Shen which can boost appetite and relieve morning sickness. both tian yuan xiang chicken essence and eu yan san has this kind of chicken essence. might help.
Is it too early for me take chicken Essence? I haven't taken that since secondary school days because I will get nose bleed once I take it (for exams last time... hahahah)

not preggers but ttc . cut down alot of coffee.
i drink camomile tea and raspberry leaf tea (good for 2nd/ third trimester i read to strengthen uterus)

Is it too early for me take chicken Essence? I haven't taken that since secondary school days because I will get nose bleed once I take it (for exams last time... hahahah)

Hihi, I drank sparkling water with some natural juice to release puking feeling. Better add some juices which taste a bit sour like lemon juice, orange juice, kiwi juice, and apple juice to refresh yourself.

By the way I also drank Tian Yuan Xiang chicken essence for improving appetite because my ms was quite serious and I felt really uncomfortable on my first trimester. It really helped me to release my ms. I think the reason that your nose bleed is because your constitution belongs to heaty ones? Or maybe you choose the wrong flavor? Better ask your tcm before you drink it. Because I didn't have this problem....

Hihi, I drank sparkling water with some natural juice to release puking feeling. Better add some juices which taste a bit sour like lemon juice, orange juice, kiwi juice, and apple juice to refresh yourself.

By the way I also drank Tian Yuan Xiang chicken essence for improving appetite because my ms was quite serious and I felt really uncomfortable on my first trimester. It really helped me to release my ms. I think the reason that your nose bleed is because your constitution belongs to heaty ones? Or maybe you choose the wrong flavor? Better ask your tcm before you drink it. Because I didn't have this problem....

Yes! I am the heaty type.
Lime juice is like my Best Friend now.

During first trim, i had some difficulties of drinking plain water , i am serious deyhrating, so i drank 100 plus as supplement of water. Try drinking fresh milk also puke. Had a terrible morning sickness in my first trim. Now sightly better. Having finger close!

I can't drink plain water too. So I drink 100plus, juices, soya bean instead. I know not recommended to drink cold drinks but that's the only thing that I can tolerate for now. If that's the way to get liquids down, I'll drink first. Later when MS is not so bad, then can start drinking plain water and warm drinks again.

I also had that don't-like-plain-water phase. Especially later in the pregnancy when the general discomfort and breathlessness just made me feel like drinking cold drinks all the time. Nevertheless, for the sake of proper hydration for baby, I forced myself to drink adequate plain water.

In the first trimester I abstained from caffeine entirely. Thereafter, I limited myself to a caffeine beverage - ice-blended coffee or Coke Light - a day, no more.

Third trimester, I had craving to chew ice cubes everyday! I settled into my recliner with a small cupful of them to wind down each evening (at least two hours before bedtime so I don't pee even more frequently). Fortunately they are cheap and easily accessible, lol.

As for alcohol, I 'slipped' twice - once with a sip of husband's sangria, and another with a baileys milkshake.

Heng healthy baby delivered in May.

Back