Week12 down syndrome test shows thick neck

I went for harmony test cos I was very very scared. Awaiting for harmony test results and week 15 heart scan now. Which is next week. It was indeed a really bad scare, the first few nights I kept crying myself to sleep. Think I'll probably go crazy soon. Its still the waiting for an answer period now. Harmony results still needs another 1week plus. Hopefully everything is fine after all of these ordeals

I went for harmony test cos I was very very scared. Awaiting for harmony test results and week 15 heart scan now. Which is next week. It was indeed a really bad scare, the first few nights I kept crying myself to sleep. Think I'll probably go crazy soon. Its still the waiting for an answer period now. Harmony results still needs another 1week plus. Hopefully everything is fine after all of these ordeals

I totally get you! I also did the harmony test.. I called up the counsellor Coz I couldn't wait for another few more days to see my doc for the results. The counsellor was kind enough to let me know the result over the phone.

I remember I also couldn't sleep on the first night and burst into tears in front of my hb the next morning... I waited over 4 years for my baby (she's an IVF baby after 3 rounds) and i even started preparing myself if she is a little not healthy, what would I do....

Have faith in your baby. Talk to baby, pray and hope for the best!

So I assume the harmony results is a good one?
All I can do now is pray, lots and lots of praying and sincerely hoping for the best.

I just came out of the NT scan which shows 3.2mm at 11w 4d, and risk for Trisomy 21 is 1:5! I am worried sick and burst out crying the moment I reached home. This is my second pregnancy, my first pregnancy was smooth and NT was normal. I am 40 yo and now waiting to see my gynae in 2 days for his advice. In the meantime, really anxious and worried.

Doctor has scheduled me for panorama test and will be taking blood test this Friday, which is in 2 days time. At this moment, 2 days seem like an eternity. I really really wanted this second baby badly as I am already 40 yo. Worried and not sure how to continue with normal life.

So I assume the harmony results is a good one?
All I can do now is pray, lots and lots of praying and sincerely hoping for the best.
Hi, hope your harmony test was all good. I also yesterday got to know that my baby has NT of 2.5 mm and we are going for harmony test tomorrow.

Isabel135, don’t think so much ok. I had a scare too. I am 37 and expecting my 3rd. I did my igene test (somethjng like harmony) and just got my results today. Thank God, results all good. It was a long 7 days wait though. I really prayed very hard to God, that he will be merciful and kind. But I totally understand how u feel

NT scan should just be done away. its totally inaccurate with crazy false positive rate and if you above 35 , it is adjusted until you almost certainly seem to be at risk.

Just do harmony or similar panorama test to be sure. Of course is more ex, but honestly the worrying you get from a "bad" NT result is far worse, unless you are really really poor.

The people who above 35 and did NT test are not only wasting money because usually you end up paying for Harmony etc but also scaring yourself unnecessarily (stress how to value?)

Forums like this are littered with posts like this. in particular 40 and doing NT test is really silly. Go harmony immediately only if is bad (super unlikely) then worry (and even that isnt definitive)

Last edited:

Back