Utrogestan (Progesterone)

akeelah

Hi,

Any mummies here who are prescribed utrogestan during her first trimester due to previous m/c or otherwise?

Do share the reason for this medication, and if there are any side effects? I'm having constant giddiness, and nausea.

Thanks!6

The meds given to stabilize the pregnancy. I had to do the injections twice a week n take the tablets 2 times a day. But the injections was painful so requested to do it once a week n take the tablets 3 times a day. So far I dun feel any side effects. Ur symptoms sounds more like pregnancy symptoms.

Thanks both. I'm just being paranoid I guess. It seems the giddiness kicked in only after I took utrogestan. But many thanks for your comments. Helpful enough. .

If u feel dizzy from taking uthrogestan. U could insert it via the vagina. Infact it works better that way. Better absorption . When I take it orally I feel dizzy and sleepy as well. Other side effects could be the constant feeling of bloatedness.

I took it for a few weeks, 2 pills twice daily. Once in am and again before bed
The side effects were horrendous. An hour or so after taking them i would feel very drunk, giddy and sleepy. Had to hold onto things to walk else I would not be able to walk straight. A few times I even stumbled up and down stairs and fell into bed and zonked out. Dr eventually cut down dosage and then we went entirely on proluton jabs which i still take weekly.

I took it for a few weeks, 2 pills twice daily. Once in am and again before bed
The side effects were horrendous. An hour or so after taking them i would feel very drunk, giddy and sleepy. Had to hold onto things to walk else I would not be able to walk straight. A few times I even stumbled up and down stairs and fell into bed and zonked out. Dr eventually cut down dosage and then we went entirely on proluton jabs which i still take weekly.

Oh my, please take care. So, it does make us dizzzzzzzyyyyyy!

Hi miuratohkp,

I took mine in the morning after food, and also at night after dinner; the gynae. doubled my dosage, due to unstable pregnancy and previous m/c histories, though still did not manage to save it in the end.

Sorry to hear that.chope you're recovering well, emotionally and physically.

Hi guys do u all take it orally ???? Try inserting it via the vagina. Honestly cuts down the side effects. The pill can be used this way . I have been on it since wk 4 right up till wk 13.my dose in earlier weeks was twice a day. So I insert it in the morning n evening . Now I'm down to only using at night. Good luck guys

Hi guys do u all take it orally ???? Try inserting it via the vagina. Honestly cuts down the side effects. The pill can be used this way . I have been on it since wk 4 right up till wk 13.my dose in earlier weeks was twice a day. So I insert it in the morning n evening . Now I'm down to only using at night. Good luck guys

I see. Thanks for the tip. So it's basically an insertion of the pill into the vagina ya? How many weeks are you into now btw?

I see. Thanks for the tip. So it's basically an insertion of the pill into the vagina ya? How many weeks are you into now btw?

yes u just insert it in like a tampon . when u pee . you might see remnants of the pill. whitish stuff. its ok. it shows that the drug has dissolve. actually this is the best way to take uthrogestan . i am currently at 13 weeks. my doctor ask me to take it till i reach my 2nd trimester. i had spotting earlier . so was prescribed that

yes u just insert it in like a tampon . when u pee . you might see remnants of the pill. whitish stuff. its ok. it shows that the drug has dissolve. actually this is the best way to take uthrogestan . i am currently at 13 weeks. my doctor ask me to take it till i reach my 2nd trimester. i had spotting earlier . so was prescribed that

I see, dear, congrats on your pregnancy, and welcome to the 2nd trimester. :)

Stay happy and healthy always.

Hi,

Any mummies here who are prescribed utrogestan during her first trimester due to previous m/c or otherwise?

Do share the reason for this medication, and if there are any side effects? I'm having constant giddiness, and nausea.

Thanks!6
Hi Akeelah,

After my iui my gynae doc prescribe me utrogestan. But after taking 1st day abit of dizziness then abit of back pain n keep slping...

Not sure anyone facing the same or not

Hello ladies..can I ask if any of u had healthy pregnancy after taking the pills..?? I am gonna start taking from today..had a previous mc and this pregnancy doesn't look too good cz my progesterone is low..and fetus looks small..

Back