Urgent! Looking for Home-Based Speech Therapist

Hi there, just wanted to share that I am a private music teacher specializing in young children (2-6yo). Through word of mouth, I was blessed to meet 3 students who are on the autism spectrum. They are now undergoing music therapy with me to improve their cognitive and social skills.

One student is a non-verbal 3yo who was able to sound out some letters after 6 lessons. He is able to hum tunes and I am using tunes to pass on knowledge which was otherwise "unteachable" before.

My second student is also a non-verbal 5yo who is now able to play the piano. His music therapy started a little late, so I am still working on his speech, but he is a bright young boy who understands what we are doing in class, and is able to play the piano with both hands :)

My third student is a 5yo introvert with a fear of new things. It took him 1 year of non-stop crying before he could attend kindergarten. In our first lesson, he cried when he saw the piano. However, through music and guiding him to interact with a wide range of instruments, I was able to pique his curiosity and teach him to play the piano.

I can be reached at [email protected]

Back