Treatment for Infant's cradle cap

panerex77

any recommendation for a mild treatment shampoo to use on a 3-mth old infant with cradle cap issue?

I m not keen to try traditional methods like olive or baby oil?

also, does using a baby hair brush help to loosen the scales/.

tia

Hi panerex77, I don't know any mild shampoo to treat cradle cap. But I swear by shaving off the hair completely and applying aloe vera gel which acts a moisturizer after that. The cradle cap was gone within 1 week. I worry that using a hair brush might irritate the skin, somewhat like scratching peeling skin hence I did not go ahead with that.

Hi, instead of baby oil or olive oil, i actually use california baby's aloe vera cream, helps moisturise & sooth baby scalp.

Hi, you might wish to try cradle cap treatment shampoo by Dentinox. you can buy them from pharmancies. I bought mine at Unity, think is $10+.

hi, i tried olive oil for hair, the ginvera type, found that is made the hair oily, and looks sticky, so not that great.
in the end, i use QV cream to moisturize and rub a bit before bath time and slowly, it helped. do consider QV cream, it was rec by doc in Nat Skin Centre,
v moisturising and yet mild.

Hi, like Mitan, I used California bb to get rid of my DD's cradle cap. I used CB
Calendula instead of aloe vera. It's not as oily as using olive oil & not as messy.

Coconut oil works great too!
  1. Use a facial cotton and soak it with coconut oil.
  2. Dab it on the scalp and wait till the cradle cap is "soaked".
  3. Then just wash away.
You need a few rounds to get the scales loosen up..

Hi,
Just to share how I solved cradle cap for my younger boy. Worked for many mummies whom I shared with too.
1. Use organic olive oil (those you use to cook also can)
2. Pour around 1tbsp on your palm then spread gently on baby's scalp
3. Use a soft massage brush or glove (Check out BABY ONE www.thelittleonesinmylife.com.sg with soft silicone massager) to brush gently
4. Leave for around 5 min (less if you are uncomfy with it)
5. Wash off with good shampoo (we used GAIA - didn't buy any special cradle cap shampoo as worried about chemicals)

Hope this helps! :D

Back