Total cost for confinement with a confinement lady

Hi, I would like to check how much did you roughly spend in total for your confinement inclusive of confinement lady, amount spend on all the food bought, Ang pow and other miscellaneous stuff.

Hi @Amanda Lin

This actually vary. Are you hiring via confinement agency or direct hire of nanny?
Having my second child now and current confinement nanny was hired through an agency.

Ang Pow rate is about $30 to $50. And mostly will asked for 1 upon arriving and 1 at the end of work.

Here are the main differences i noticed:
Costing:
Direct hire current market rate - $3000 to $3200
Agency hire current market rate - $3200 to $3800 onwards

Duties:
Direct - nanny sole responsibility is taking care of mummy & baby. They may or may not help you to do simple cleaning such as sweeping & mopping the floor, cooking meals for other family members other than dinner for husband
Agency - nanny's responsibilities are informed upfront what they will do and not do.

Herbs:
Direct - nanny will tell you what herbs they need for cooking and you will purchase it yourself
Agency - some agencies also sell you their pre-packaged herbal sets (usually mark up to earn) but of coz you can reject and use your own preferred herbs.
How much you spend on herbs will depends how much red dates tea you want to drink and whether you like to have herbal soup every meal. My confinement nanny sometime rotate with black beans soup, pig stomach soup so not every meal is herbal soup.

Food Wise:
Mostly will ask you what you prefer to eat and you can purchase your own or if you need nanny to help buy.
The common food bought are green leafy vegetables (every meal), fish, pork, chicken.
Costing again will depends where you are buying and what you are buying.
E.g. if you are buying chicken drum vs chicken breast, the cost will be different.

Overall, i estimate with all cost in we spend about $4k+ per confinement

Hope these helps

Hi @Amanda Lin

This actually vary. Are you hiring via confinement agency or direct hire of nanny?
Having my second child now and current confinement nanny was hired through an agency.

Ang Pow rate is about $30 to $50. And mostly will asked for 1 upon arriving and 1 at the end of work.

Costing:

Duties:
Direct - nanny sole responsibility is taking care of mummy & baby. They may or may not help you to do simple cleaning such as sweeping & mopping the floor, cooking meals for other family members other than dinner for husband
Agency - nanny's responsibilities are informed upfront what they will do and not do.

Herbs:
Direct - nanny will tell you what herbs they need for cooking and you will purchase it yourself
Agency - some agencies also sell you their pre-packaged herbal sets (usually mark up to earn) but of coz you can reject and use your own preferred herbs.
How much you spend on herbs will depends how much red dates tea you want to drink and whether you like to have herbal soup every meal. My confinement nanny sometime rotate with black beans soup, pig stomach soup so not every meal is herbal soup.

Food Wise:
Mostly will ask you what you prefer to eat and you can purchase your own or if you need nanny to help buy.
The common food bought are green leafy vegetables (every meal), fish, pork, chicken.
E.g. if you are buying chicken drum vs chicken breast, the cost will be different.

Hope these helps

Thanks for the info
Wow, haven't start work already start asking for a ang pow

Hi @Amanda Lin

Costing:

Duties:

Herbs:

Food Wise:

Hope these helps

Thank you for being so detailed. I should be hiring from an agency.

you are welcome!
Hiring from agency will allow u replacement if you are not satisfied.

But my current experience with my agency (Agape Confinement Agency) was terrible as they sent unqualified nannies to me. And the agent was only concern about receiving full payment upfront upon nanny's arrival! But lucky i hold back as I told her i need to observe the quality of the nanny first. The agent was full of lies, irresponsible and unethical.

So do ensure u engage a good quality agency and go through and agreed on the details before confirmation.
Good Luck!

Back