Switch gynae after IVF

princessleopard

Hello!

I have done my first IVF at KKH last month. I got BFP and start the follow-ups at KKH. However, every visit the nurse will ask me questions like "Have I decide on a doctor yet?", "Have I decide whether to continue seeing a team of doctors or to go private?", "Have I decide which hospital I want to deliver my baby?"
So far, they have asked me 3 times on such questions, so make me wondering if this is actually possible. But I am thinking it may be easy for KKH to ask questions like this, is other gynae or hospital willing to accept IVF patients from another hospital?

Anyone have such encounter?

I would appreciate any comments. Thanks in advance!

i'm under kkh ivf also. but im under dr tanhh throughout for my first n current preg. reason is they have my records n deliver at kkh is much more cheaper than in those private hospital. are u a subsidise ivf patient? if not the nurse won't ask u this question. u can continue to use subsidise rate if u want to. meaning each visit will be different doc that sees u

Hello!

I have done my first IVF at KKH last month. I got BFP and start the follow-ups at KKH. However, every visit the nurse will ask me questions like "Have I decide on a doctor yet?", "Have I decide whether to continue seeing a team of doctors or to go private?", "Have I decide which hospital I want to deliver my baby?"
So far, they have asked me 3 times on such questions, so make me wondering if this is actually possible. But I am thinking it may be easy for KKH to ask questions like this, is other gynae or hospital willing to accept IVF patients from another hospital?

Anyone have such encounter?

I would appreciate any comments. Thanks in advance!

Some ivf doctors doenst do delivery so they max followup till wk 12. So you may need to research to opt for kkh subsidise route, kkh private doctors or go private hos instead. Can research on yr prefer gync b4 deciding.

i'm under kkh ivf also. but im under dr tanhh throughout for my first n current preg. reason is they have my records n deliver at kkh is much more cheaper than in those private hospital. are u a subsidise ivf patient? if not the nurse won't ask u this question. u can continue to use subsidise rate if u want to. meaning each visit will be different doc that sees u

Hi,

I am a subsidised patient at their clinic as I am referred over from KTPH by my endocrinologist. But ivf is under private rates. I know can save a lot at KKH, but every visit with different doctors and not able to choose male/female doctor (I prefer female gynae) is making me thinking twice. And my second appointment is a nightmare there.

Do you choose your doctor after ivf? So its under private?

Some ivf doctors doenst do delivery so they max followup till wk 12. So you may need to research to opt for kkh subsidise route, kkh private doctors or go private hos instead. Can research on yr prefer gync b4 deciding.

Thanks for replying.
I actually have a gynae at TMC. But have not been seeing her after my second miscarriage 4 years ago, as there is no good news thereafter. I am referred to KKH by my endocrinologist whom I am seeing regularly, after she give me green light to TTC again, suggest IVF due to my age. I am thinking if should check back with TMC gynae, see if she can accept me back again.

Hi,

I am a subsidised patient at their clinic as I am referred over from KTPH by my endocrinologist. But ivf is under private rates. I know can save a lot at KKH, but every visit with different doctors and not able to choose male/female doctor (I prefer female gynae) is making me thinking twice. And my second appointment is a nightmare there.

Do you choose your doctor after ivf? So its under private?

my ivf doc help me with my delivery. im a private patient throughout the ivf journey. if u want female gynae u can consider june tan?

Hi. I stayed on with my ivf gynae at kkh during my pregnancy due to familiarity. If u would like to gynae from other hospitals, you can just call them up n make appointment like usual pregnancy. You can also let them know that u had undergone ivf. Most gynaes do not reject ivf patients. I only know of one who rejects ivf patients cos he said he doesn't deal with high risk pregnancy. But actually not all ivf pregnancies are high risk and we shouldn't be discriminated.

Back