Supplements for Babies

ms_silviana

Hi Mommies,
Would like to check with you if it is necessary to feed babies with vitamins? if yes, what type and brands? Thanks for the guidance.

How old is the baby? My pd gave vits and iron drops for my boy when he's about 6 mths as he's low on iron (l bf exclusively)

yeah, my baby is around 6 months old as well. just started on solids food, I am thinking of buying some supplements to enhance her nutrition. may I know what brands are you giving him? there are so many in the markets. Supplements on DHA, Iron, vitamin C ... abit confused by the range available.

The multivits pd gave is from her own clinic (thomson pediatric). Iron is maltofer. My boy is v low on iron so was prescribed 15 drops of iron. Also my eldest used to take biogaia probiotics. I found it very good but super ex. One tiny bottle $40+. Within one mth gone

Is there a need? Agree with betc unless your PD advise.... Don't anyhow go and get supplement for baby.

I doubt so that it is necessary to feed baby those vitamin pills. I will suggest you to feed your baby some fruits and fruits contain vitamin C as well :) Healthier this way.

Baby this old should be getting enough nutrients from Breastmilk? synthetics supplements might do more harm than good....

Back