SMH Scrapbooking Club !!!!

baizzz,
don't redo your 1st 3LOs. keep them as memories of your first scrap attempt. instead of re-doing the LOs, why not do new ones instead? then you would have more LOs to show.
happy.gif

MamaChan,
actually the LOs are done over the past couple of weeks la. not like I did all at once. hee.. i just sent a batch of pics for printing (100pcs!) and will be getting them later.. yeah, more pics to scrap!

Autum: Wow! So many LOs.. You've been busy..
happy.gif
I like the 1978.. Very vintage look.. I think I know where the paper is from. I have the same ones! Kekek.. Did you just matt with one type of paper or more than 1? And for the edges, you tear them and use papers to stick on the back?

Autum...clever move on the stitch. Nice altered work for the 1978.

Baizzz...dont re-do, you may just add-on as you go along.

Just to share my 1st LO after MWL's Getting Started class:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v95/AnnissaKoh/Scrapbooking/?action=view&current=Witty1stLO.jpg

This was my 2nd or 3rd:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v95/AnnissaKoh/Scrapbooking/?action=view&current=LiveinHarmony.jpg

Looking back, I'm a NO JOURNAL person from a start to now where I can journal pretty freely. kekeke.

Baimom: If the pics are really meaningful and imprortant ones, you can reprint the photos are create new LOs. Then you can look at 2 different styles of work. Just an idea..
happy.gif

thanx for all advices! A bit sayang also, will add on! Cant wait for the embellish to cm.
Tis thread realy movesfast.

On stamping, apart fm getting clear stamp, wat are the ink/ink pad to recomend? Paisay, realy P plate, but saw how stamps can blend nicely! Wana get sm.

AA,
hi.. the 1978 LO, base is a normal plain dark red cardstock. The brownish-old paper in front, is a patterned paper. I have to put this way, because the brown-patterned paper is too soft to use on it's own as a base.. so need to put hard CS behind. Then I just tear and distress the edges..

The photo is matted on 3 pieces of paper actually. The first immediate and the last pc is the same patterned paper.. last piece i tear the edges and ink. Then in-between, i put the red tissue-like paper. This paper I bought thru u.. but can't remember is it Joann or OTC. Think it's OTC. haha..

Annissa,
I am also a no-journal person. Now I just try to journal a bit here and there. haha.

Who is keen on Unity Stamp Co monthly stamp kit? I may want to sell away some of past month kit cause I wont be using them.

Baizz...For defined and dedicated details stamps, advisable to use Versa Fine. I used the small cute which is like $3.50 before discount. Transparancy or shiny surface, used Staz-on, you need to clean FAST to avoid staining your stamps. Start from the basic colors like black or brown, red and white, add-on as you go along and really into stamping. Good to get VersaMark, this helps to reduce/prevent staining, also to be used for embossing. Stamp on Versamark then on the ink pad.

babyrainbowz
your layouts look lovely. Love to see babies sleeping

Autumn
like your layouts too. Very nice and I like the 1978 most

Wah... early morning can see so many nice nice LO...

Autum,
I like your 1978! Very different!

Me finally pull myself up and completed my LO for the month last nite. Hee...
It's an extremely simple LO, coz I really like the photo a lot so want to emphasize it instead. So everything kept to the simplest form.
Ended up only 2 pp, 2 embossing border and 1 set of stamps. hee... Like the effect.
Even better, my son immediately spotted the LO on my wall display this morning and say "Papa and Rhys!!! Nice!" Hee... its all worthwhile...

Will update my scrapblog in a while with more details and pix...

Here goes,
{ LO#08 - Endearing Moment }
2187698.jpg

Feedbacks and comments are very welcomed!!!

Babyrainbowz....pretty sleeping poses for scrapping.

Vivian....get your engine started, way to go.

I need to put my stamps to good use!!! They are deprised of usage, human touch!!!

Yesterday, my dog has chewed on my DCWV luxury 8x8 stack
kao_frustrated.gif
kao_frustrated.gif
kao_frustrated.gif
I screamed my head off
angry.gif
Lucky only the outer few pages kena chipped off, inner pages all still remain intact.

BabyRainbowz...keep up the good work. Dont be like me, my girl is already 3 and I'm still catching up on scrapping for her younger days.

I learnt from classes:
Whatever you scrap, try to do in odds like 1, 3, 5. The focus is not so definite when you do in evens.

CL...that's a good idea for me to scrap about him. Not been scrapping for them for a long long time.

annissakoh, i stop scrapping those kits before my son is born. now continue after he turn 1. that's why i'm scrapping his baby pics. haha

A&A, i'm not so good. the flowers are the design on the paper. The only flower i did is the 3 pink flowers. I only cut out flowers from another paper and do a layer flowers and paste on a felt flower.

A&A...I already have duplicate for the 2 birds one (in the centre) which I wanna sell away at $2.80.

If you want, you can tag along Felicia.

hi anissa, can only view yr dec LO and Mar Redo Lo, both are nice. The 1st is simple w the lace like pattern.

Bbrainbow-yr LOs of bb vy gd,not the least like new in Sb!

mummies,
thanks for all the comments on 1978.. seems like most people like it! I think I should try some more vintage styles.

Vivian,
your Endearing Moment looks good, very classic feel.

Babyrainbow,
you will get better and better as u scrap more. Jia you!
happy.gif

I want to order today's PC deal also but I can't find Felicia's blog. Can anyone help me to order through her? thanks..

Chicken Little,
thanks. haiz, but my email is down. so i can't email her. oh well.. leave it to fate bah. haha.

Autum,
like others, love ur 1978. it's so classic. did u tear the edges? it looks so naturally torn!

Vivian,
love ur endearing moments too. i'm going to scraplift that one of these days!

Wow! All the lovely layouts that greet me this morning!!!

BabyRainbowz
Hi hi! Welcome to the thread!!! Hahahaha, finally get to see you here! I think your layouts are really sweet and lovely! Don't worry about them, I think for 1st timer, really good...dun really look like 1st timer lor.

Vivian
I like your Endearing moment! I think you did well in focusing on the photo with the use of "white" space...in this case is black lah.

I have the same set as Annissa too. Wish to let go at same price. Anybody else pls? I have too much stash & this set of stamp is very similar to what I already have, have been wanting to clear some to make space...

unity stamps,
sorry i stupid question. can it be mounted on acrylic blocks?

ginncher,
want to ask u where did u buy your metal shelve with zip cloth? the one you used to store all ur supplies. and how much is it?

Aileen,

I was looking around for one with cover for a long time...eventually found it at Howard Storage (parkway parade/vivo city). The frame + canvas was around $200+, but I change the roller to industrial type to hold the weight + add on shelvings+baskets...becomes more...but really can't remember pricing as I add along the way separately....perhaps $300+-$400 in total? Gathered if 1 day i do not use it for SB, it will be useful for other purpose as it is very durable. So far it holds the weight well.

Cheers.

Aileen,

such stamps works like acrylic stamps where you mount on acrylic blocks for stamping. The only difference is material. This is rubber stamp mounted onto ez mount foam instead of wood...

Cheers.

mummies, share with you joke of the day for us yesterday. My bigger gal 4yrs, told the bus driver that her mei mei (22mths) did not attend school. The bus driver literally took her words for it & so only realised mei mei was left behind in school yesterday after they reach my MIL house. So they had to go back & fetch her after their rounds...poor bus driver & mei mei! & the jie jie can still laugh about it! Seems like I need to talk to her....

Ginncher
You mean mei mei now in Jie jie's school ah. Alamak why like tat, jie jie should look out for mei mei mah

Last time when Charmaine and Aden in same childcare Charmaine will go look for aden and Aden will remember to bring jie jie to us when we reach to fetch them

Back