SMH Scrapbooking Club !!!!

Sigh, I'm a little mojo-less. Trying to get back into the scrap stuff but find myself still unsettled. And stash is a mountainful!!!!

As requested, I took pictures of some of the stash I got from Perth, mainly made in Australia products and some are uniquely Western Australia products.

Twiddleybitz Chipboard
2073183.jpg

Rub-ons and Transparent overlays
2073184.jpg

Kaiser Papers
2073185.jpg

Been There Done That Papers (Oz brand)
2073186.jpg

KaiserCraft Wooden projects - House album and Hanging Clock and Rhinestones. I even got a non-brand lanyard that says "Certified Scrappaholic"
2073187.jpg

KaiserCraft Acrylic Stamps - AUD$15.99 each!!!! Considering I changed my money 1:1...very worth it.
2073188.jpg

Yah....KaiserCraft has got very nice stamps....owned a few of them...some are kind of different from those we got here from retail shops.

wow annissa. This is the "messiest" LO I've ever seen from you....now your hubby cannnot say plain liao...hee...well done....nice layerings.

Thanks ladies.

These photos were taken in Dec 2006, is a long long time ago!!!!

Ginny, I've taken your approach, slap the essential on then add-on as I go along.

Actual LO not so messy as seen in the pix.

The red felt circle X'mas coaster was from Daiso, I bought 2 other non-X'mas designs. When I go back, no more!!!

Annissa
This is a great breakthrough. Realli cool.

Mamachan
your sb shopping trip in perth looks good. Hee hee we bought some of the stamps for sale too.

Me too sick to do anything now. Even the house is in messy mode.

BTW, waiting for BP thread to be up, you can have sneak preview to the next CNY wear BP I am doing for my gal's Chinese teacher. Click on New
http://mumnkidz.blogspot.com/2009_01_01_archive.html

CL
Aiyoh...the girls' clothings look really nice!!!! If I have a daughter sure buy one =P

Actually I should have bought more PP =P they had a section where buy 3 (or was it one) get 1 free at 95 cents per PP under the sale section. But I was thinking I'm badly overstashed and needed to just scrap and clear as much as I can.

I hope you get well soon eh!

Ginny...show your the actual LO when we meet to exchange stash collected on one another behalf.

CL...nice CNY clothings, should let me know earlier. I'll be busy 2 weeks before CNY, I've already done whatever that is needed by now, next year la.

mamachan
I was restricting my purchase too in perth so ha ha never buy a lot.

Ha ha the set I want for Charmaine only have small sizes sigh now wish to have a baby gal ha ha

Annissa
no problem. Ha ha when you came to my place i shd have shown u. I too busy so now then post for her

hi mummies

Anyone doing the laines 20pp exchange? I wanted to clear stash so searched and searched till got 20 pp I din want. But actually will still come bk w 20 pp so no reduction in stash haha. Going down today...

Mamachan

Love the Aussie chipboard!!

i just exchanged my old stash of 20 PP at Laines, got a $10 voucher to offset my subsequent choice of minimum 20 PP. All old PP will go to charities for craft work. So I swapped some really old PP from 2 years back for new ones. Amount of stash remains the same. haha.

Anissa
Validity meaning expiry? I think it's 15th Feb. Minimum purchase of 20 pieces of paper. I picked out mainly Pink Paislee and American Crafts paper.

JChew
Basically just choose 20 PP from your old stash (could be those repeat DWCV pp that you don't see yourself using), bring it down and tell them it's for the 20PP exchange. They will count the no. of pieces and give you a $10 voucher to be used solely for a minimum purchase of 20 pp. So if you choose back 30 more, whatever the amount it totals up to, the $10 will be used to offset the total and we pay the remaining amount.

The old PP is to be used for the charities that they are contributing to for craft work.

Annissa, very productive!! Nice!

Haha.. It also makes me feel like doing something similar for my gal.. should take picture of the living room floor after she done throwing her toys around.

Thanks. You can imagine the SHOCK in me when I stepped out of my study which is just a 10-15min interval!!!! I'm glad that she felt bad about it by covering her face when I tried to take pix of her. Well...well, she did help me to put everything in place.

My hubby was asking how come the after pix is soo tiny, I told him, the frame size is fixed and I only want to show the good pix...kekekeke

This is my 1st attempt on 2 patterned papers WITHOUT any cardstock. Practically no scrap left = I'm very happy.

Ginny
I like your take on challenge #3! Really nice!

Anissa
Cool LO! Hahaha, I was grinning from ear to ear looking at the mess your girl made. Good one!

aiyooooo my place like kena broken in!!! not only the sofa and playmat area, even the door way also kena!!! Unable to believe this is the creation of a GIRL. I didnt hear any noise till I came out of my study. Silence burglary.

Annissa, I used UTEE for the 2 drangonflies but not FRIENDS. For FRIENDS, used glossy accent to outline the word. Left the rest of the tag untouched.

tks.

Gincher, I like your LO for MR3. Nice..
happy.gif

Annissa, your story is so funny.. You want to share the Old World stack? I have one set already, but got a friend who saw and wants it and can share with you.. Can PM me?

By the way, is it just me or the forum takes forever to upload/post and refresh??

Silly not asking this question at the same post above.. Now got to wait to post again.. :p

Gincher, what did you use for the round coasters under the word "Friends"?

Thanks MamaChan & A&A for encouragements.

A&A - doily paper concept. I learnt that idea from another mummy whilst attending a class together with CL at Laines a year ago....I've also experimented spraying glimmer mist but I didn't quite like the effect then...probably 'cos it depends on the doily paper...mine when I tried wasn't totally porous...but the ones Annissa tried are which suited glimmer mist better...

Cheers.

<u>Glimmer mist on cake doily</u>
REMEMBER to spray on the reverse (coarser) side, right side which is smoother doesnt absorbe the color. Spray color by color, stand to dry to see the actual color effect. Can get variety of size from Daiso, 1 pack can be shared among 2-3persons.

Here are my work with cake doily:
1) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/AnnissaKoh/Scrapbooking/Projects/Img0325.jpg
2) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/AnnissaKoh/Scrapbooking/Projects/Img0733.jpg
3) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/AnnissaKoh/Scrapbooking/ed505f40.jpg

Hi A&amp;A, I doubt so. Initially we were all particular too....subsequently I guess we ignore acid free requirements as we go along...since brads etc are also not acid free and they do rust....

H/ever I do try protecting some of the photos by adding a protective layer of spray (learnt from MamaChan).

Ginncher: Agree that it's been too particular to use only acid free elements. I think if the non-acid free elements don't touch the photos, shd be not so bad..

What protective spray do u use? Glossy accents?

Back