SMH Scrapbooking Club !!!!

3as
I dunno because I never see it at all. Will try to check it out again on 23 Dec when I go for Global class. I remember betty telling me it is interesting as you can make a few and connect it together something like that

Chipboard not acid free ? I think what she meant are those from art friend, cupboard or carton box right.

If chipboard is not acid free then maya road stuff how ? Buzz and bloom ?

Thanks to annissa's 3" scallop circle. hee hee I finished my layout. More of a felt felt layout than bling. Used the left over bling from my class.

3405562.jpg

kekeke.. I was inspired by the Bling class to do this shadow box. It's kind of like a combination of my both LO. haha.. having fun!

The green-space is to put a 4R photo. TFL!
3405573.jpg

Amy,
I am sure u will have fun at the Bling class. It's nice!
happy.gif

MichL, AAA,
For Jan classes, other than the "house" which i didn't see, haha.. we saw a 3-LO meant for VDay. It's interesting because the 3-LOs are designed by 3 different designers, so you will get to do/see 3 different style of LOs.

Then there is another interesting one, it's a whole purse! The purse is very long, canvas material.. then paste/sew embellishments on it, plus there is a mini album to fit inside the purse. The mini-album is very simple.. just pages of papers put together.. cos the main focus is on the purse. This is also by Sharon.

Then the 'boyish' LOs, i think that is the one that AAA saw. B-is-for-Bread? Yep, that is a bit antique, distressed style. Think that is also by Sharon.

CL,
wah, u so fast replicate the LO for your boy! hey, u also have the hambly elephant? So cute! where did u use the 3inch scallop punch at? I can't tell leh. haha..

Autum
ha ha I cut the scallop circle into half for the cloud behind the title. ha ha so mah fan hor die die want that circle for the cloud to complete this layout.

Ya ya remember i said bye to you, i went toilet then think think and came back again to buy that hambly elephant and the bracket plus the orange textured vine cardstock to do this layout. Since I am on the ball now just keep doing.

Nice shadow box! ha ha now i see my scrap paper ha ha I just feel like making more flowers like in class too.

CL,
oh.. the clouds! haha.. cos I have a 3inch scallop punch too! wahhaah.. so now i know what i can use it for! and guess what, i went to Popular today to buy a butterfly punch! Can't stand myself.. haha.. but i didn't want to pay for Martha Stewart punch, so got to settle for Carla punch from Popular. plus i got 20% off now! :p

and yes! i also thinking of doing more paper flowers cos i have tons of paper!! I told myself (as a personal promise to myself) that I will stop buying materials for a long long time.. except for tools, inks and ribbons. Cos i look at the stuff and I feel very bad about not being environmental friendly.. adding to the "junk".. so i want to try and use up whatever materials i can.. :p

Dorcas
did you reserve this for me ?
Selling @ sgd $ 5.00

This kit consist of

- 1 x Cosmo Cricket Early Bird Elements
- 1 x Cosmo Cricket Early Bird Apron Strings
- 1 x Collage Press 12x12 scallop
- 1 x edged cardstock 6x12
- 1 x Cosmo Cricket Early Bird Farmers Market
- 1 x Cosmo Cricket Early Bird Sunrise

CL , Autum,
Nice LO. I had the same as yours...hhaaaaaaaa...
just diff in photo.

To share my x'mas present to my friend & colleague. Still have some haven finish.
Do until my QK Revo down. Got to send to JDA for inspection, hope don't need to hospitalise.

3407074.jpg

Actually I always had the nagging doubt about chipboards. Has any of you seen the 'acid free' statement on any of the chipboards packaging including MR ? I try to always coat my chipboards with paint.

Thanks for all the feedback about class samples. I am interested in Sharon's class only but I January schedule is pretty full, not sure if I can squeeze in a class but I still have some of the Xmas vouchers left.

SL Watchart and Dec Kits are here!!!
happy.gif
Pls email me re collection so you can get the presents in time for Christmas. Thanks..
happy.gif

Shipping cost (in SGD) as follow:
CL: $5
Rachel: $10
Mamachan: $20
Adeline (sunflower): $22.91

Thanks..

Dorcas: Someone is faster than me? *sigh*

MichL: After I posted here, I went to check the des on the chipboards I have on hand, can't find one that says "acid-free".
sad.gif
Chiam..

CL: Yah lor.. So many of the MR stuff will be affected if true.. My concern is I do place chipboards touching my photos.. Else, I won't be so bothered.
You pointed out the clouds to me. I wouldn't have known those are creations of the scallop punches either.
happy.gif

Sally: You're so smart! I don't know how to buy on ebay.
sad.gif

Did a calendar using the book binding method learned in class.
happy.gif
Quite happy.. And I used only scrap papers.. Now I got to do up the insert pages.. Hopefully I can make it in time for the new year. Lol...
3408419.jpg

3408420.jpg

jojo,
what are those gifts that u made? it's to contain candy inside? or post-it pad? nice and cheery.. very sweet of you!

AAA,
u can share the step by step on how to do the binding! haha.. think many pple want to learn
happy.gif

CL, Erna, Autum: I don't even know where and how to begin telling/writing the steps. Erm.. I think need to demo in person, cos it's rather technical. Sharon said this is the same method people in medieval days bind their books.

MichL: it would have been better if more goodies were given. Hehehe..
happy.gif
I agree this seems like one of the more technical class. I remember both my friend and I were so drained after the class.

Jojo: ove your post-its. The note books look ok to me. You want to outline their names to make it more obvious?

Ann: Nice house. Check with you. Is the roof top removable? The sample I saw at Laines has a removable top (if fact, the top doesn't fit quite well onto the house at all). But that made me think it could be possible to collapse the walls of the house like an accordion album. This is provided the embellishments used are not too thick.

Hey, you can display it again this christmas.
happy.gif

3A,
ya, I did add in their name after my friend choose what she want.
3409278.jpg

btw, ur calender is nice. Can make one to leave in my office.....hahaaaa.

Ann,
Nice house. Think need a lot of time & effort to do it.

Collection via courier
Hihi, I've arranged for the courier man to swing by my place tom night. If you would like to use his service, pls transfer the shipping and email me your add and email by tom afternoon. The courier cost is $6 and he will collect it directly from you when he delivers you the parcel. Thanks..

Jojo: Hehe..
happy.gif

Dorcas: Will keep a look out. Thanks.

Wow!...Everyone talking about classes and layouts look fab! Now I'm tempted to wanna go for classes too! Especially when I have no out-put!

3As
Glad to see you enjoying your BS!
happy.gif
LOL...this year I have no tree, no nothing, so didn't get the star die.

3As....yes, the cover is removable. Ths house is made from scratch, 4 walls as steadily glued together. This house comes with a DIY mini album. All done in an 3-hr class.

I think the one at LP is collapsable, that is the walls are opened to form the accordion album?

3As, I think I ordered something thru you. But I'm not checking the thread often, so can you email me the payment and collection details? Thanks.

Sally: You can do embossing using the BS!
happy.gif
Think this is called dry embossing. If you wanna use the powder, my friend told me to heat it over a fire stove. Hold the paper high and you'll be able to see the powder melting.
happy.gif

Jchew: You have 1 unity stamp order with me. Will email you re payment and collection.

sally
u can. using a template, u can still emboss w/o heat gun but if you want to do wet embossing, a heat gun is recommended... try getting from laines if you still have the discount...

Saw the house, me not keen cause it's REALLY filmsy, can collapse any time!!! Will be better if is smaller, more sturdy.

3As,
alamak!! I m using induction cooker at home, no fire stove .. I think the only heat element I have at home is iron.... Can work ? Haha.. that sickening hubby of mine asked me to sit on it..

Lennie,
any idea how much is it at laines?

Sally: Hahah!! That's the first thing that came to my mind when my friend told me the idea. Then I realise induction cooker won't work. But good thing I have fire stove in my wet kitchen, so if I want to do embossing one day, I'll use that. But am not into embossing at the moment. Sold away my heat gun a while back after testing it out once. Don't think iron will work.. Tell your hubby sitting on it won't work either. :p

hey sally,
the other day when we went for class at Laines, Betty was telling us, the best way is still to use heat gun. She said she tried before all the methods.. using iron, over the stove etc.. she said problem with those is, the heat becomes too great but the powder not melted yet, so the paper may burn etc.. anyway.. that's what she says la.

heat gun is like $60+ or $70+

Yes yes yes heat gun is best.
and not so expensive.
i think about S$49.90 at made with love.
and they are having 25% storewide now right?
happy.gif

heat gun is good investment
happy.gif

no leh. unless they increased the price already lah.
i bought it at $49.90 before discount.

i don't know how to meet you leh.
i also have so many things to pass to many ppl
i feel so bad!
sad.gif

Felicia
scrap on your wedding pics. Nice pics you have taken and congrats that you are getting married. When is your big day ?

Just finished customising post it dispenser for my hb's colleague. And completed the layout for my sister using webster paper. Photo is same as what I previously done for my mum. This timeit is the same family photo but to send to my sis in Perth.

Since I do not have ribbons on hand. I am loving my new Martha Stewart Deep Edger Doily Lace Punch. Realli beautiful.

Post it Dispensar
3413862.jpg
3413863.jpg

Family Memories
3413864.jpg

In frame
3413865.jpg

Please pardon me for my lousy photography skills using hp

Micl
that is a new frame from kuretake from Paper market because the white frame I want is not available. $34.90 b4 discount and this frame can be painted

Feli: Congrats you're getting married! Quickly go have kids after that and you'll have more subjects to scrap. Haha..
happy.gif

You wanna use courier service? The cost is $6. I can pass this contact to you so you can check with your spreeists if they want to use him. Those staying in the same area can combine also. Let me know.

Sally: I must say a heatgun is useful for non-embossing as well. Like when you use glimmer mist or distress ink and don't want to wait too long for it to dry, you can use the heatgun. Same as if you apply glitter though for this you got to make sure the glue doesn't pop.

Now I wish I haven't sold mine away. But I don't like to have to plug it in and out of the switch each time I use lah. Find doing that leychey.

Back