SMH Scrapbooking Club !!!!

little_pony

Hi all,

Realised there isn't any thread on scrapbooking except for digital scrapbooking. Hope to gather mummies of same hobby in this thread to share tips, idea, and showcase your master piece with fellow scrappers or help new scrappers to kick start their layout.

Let me start the ball rolling with the first page of my son's newborn pics

928069.jpg

Hi Christmas and Annissa

Nice to have you here.

Annissa
Very cute layout

Christmas
How did you do the "Almost There" and what did you use for the circle lettering for 9 weeks, 33 weeks etc

Just to share my latest product for my niece 1st birthday

933871.jpg

Blessedmommy

Nice gynae right? I have been seeing him since 2001 for my first baby. Many of my colleagues are with him too. Feel so assured when nurses at the labour ward sing praises about him. But he always yaya about his ultrasound machine. Ha ha

Looking forward to your LO soon

chicken little
yes v nice gynae and yes! v yaya abt his machine!! haha... his nurses v nice too.

btw, where do u gals get most of ur stuffs from. im a faithful customer of LAINE'S.

Blessedmommy

The nurses are so nice. For years , they will still remember your name

For my scrapbook stuff, I buy from all places lor whichever got best deal, even started a small sb business w some fellow mummies to pursue this hobby.

Hey you VIP with Laines already ? I like Cynthia at Laines. Ha ha me just SGD 100 more to be scrapaholic life with MWL. Can share share lobang to buy stuff. I currently have 15% with MWL. Then before we buy tools can share share on where is the cheapest.

You make me very gian to see your layout. For me I take pics, resize and upload.

chicken little
yes im old old VIP of laine's hehe... i been buying from them for yrs. yes cynthia v nice hor. i no longer buy from MWL, used to have discounts with them. seriously speaking i much prefer laine's cos their cust svc is much better.

wow!! u even have a small business huh. hubby always say this hobby of mine v exp! but sharon (laine's) said cheaper than men's golfing hobby!

i dun usually take pics of my LO. furthermore hv not used my scanner for long time cos hubby bought new scanner and i dunno how to use!! will do it asap ok

Blessedmommy

Small business just to fund expensive hobby of scrapbooking lor. Small small only and have fun to share with other mummies. Where you stay ? We can scrap together.

True true, cars, gadget etc how expensive can we go as compared to theirs.

Is it ? Ha ha next time super deal at Laines I will look for you. If got good deal at MWL, I let you know. For me I started my classes with MWL, one of the partner my secondary schoolmate. I find MWL bigger space to shop, at Laines nice stuff, narrow but I always lost at where to find the stuff.

chickenlittle
i stay in the east. u? i think i join your allerhand BP before leh.

ever since i gave birth to my gal i hardly can find time to scrap leh. now forcing myself to kickstart engine to do her album. u know lah once u stop for long time its v hard to start again. sure sure... u look for me ok. i have many free classes no time to redeem.

the new MWL i heard v big right. i have not been there before since they have the new store. must go check it out one day!

Blessedmommy

Ha ha no wonder I find your nick so familiar. Hee Hee. Me CCK woh.

Ok ok I signing up classes at Laines but you must have gone through those basic one hor. Ok ok will ask you along if I am going.

How old you gal ? Ha ha me only scrap for kid but not for hb and myself so must do some for ourselves to flip thru when old.

Yes yes MWL quite big

chickenlittle
u signing up for which class? the sept classes r out already. wanna go together? but must see which one can fit in my schedule. i have to send my boys for classes 3 times a week.

my gal is almost 1 yr old. she is sept 06 baby. most of my sb is for my kids too haha!! only did few pages for myself.

how come only both of us chatting? no other scrappers ard?

chicken little
silly me! it didnt cross my mind that i can actually take photo of my LO and resize haha!! i keep thinking i have to scan them. so here comes mine:

935335.jpg

935336.jpg

Blessedmommy

Ha ha we must chat till this thread becomes popular then people all starts to come in.

Your work so nice , I pai seh to post mine liao. Hey what did you do for the zig zag line ? Is it sewing ? Those little rompers on second LO are from K & company right , tell you when the stock came in Laines in Aug, I grab almost 10 such stuff from K & Co

Ok I look through the schedule and let you know what I will be attending. What have you attend so far ? All my classes attended at MWL leh. May start basic with Laines

Hey you have 3 kids ? I saw boys. I have a older gal 5 years old and 1 19 months boy. You ? You must be a SAHM since you have to ferry kids to school

my turn...

hehe scrapaholic too... but my newborn gal kept my time running about now.. so mean time.. take a break...

a gift for the wonderful gynae who delivered my gal...

935716.jpg

Welcome welcome Irene

Very nice woh. Did you frame it up for him ? This gynae look very familiar. Is he Patrick Tseng ?

Ok kaypoh, the pics with you gal, at the corner, did you use a puncher ?

Must get inspiration from you man.

didnt frame it up.. coz he wanted to put it on his wall... hehe nope not patrick tseng... he is christopher chong...

Yeah!!! i used a puncher to get that photo frame effect... hehe... where u guys stay.... should get together to scrap... at least each of us got different tools... hehe

chickenlittle
yah thats sewing. i dunno whether my stickers r form K&co or not leh, never notice hehe...

i have just browsed thru the sept classes. i want to attend one class but its on my gals birthday party lah! and the rest of the classes cant fit into my schedules.

irene
welcome! v nice LO! we can learn from each other here. the gynae is chris chong right? <---- chicken little

chickenl;ittle
i have 5 kids (thats why my user name is mamato5Js heh). but one of whom is not with me anymore. he passed on when he was 2 mths old. my youngest is gal lor. the rest r boys, incl the ones who passed on. so my gal is v v princess at home! hehe...

hi,

how to do baby scrapbooks? how to go about doing it? Is it simple?
can teach and share with me how you do it?

Part 3: Awaiting Harmony

I just did this today. The background Chinese character means Harmony which is the name of my daughter. The whole thing is done on plain cardstock.

936679.jpg

Hi Chickenlittle,

I also got hooked on SB and started a small home SB online biz. Hope that after delivery can organize some SB sessions together lor :p

Please bear with me... I'm resisting the urge to do a Part 4. Somehow this series is helping me to feel peaceful before birthing ;P

Christmas

Ha ha you oso into business to fund your hobby like mah ah. Which tool you use ? I have revo and squeeze leh.

Can pm me your online biz. Maybe we can patronise each other. Ha ha. How many kids you have ?

You look like sexy mummy woh. I never scrap myself yet except a few layout with my hb for pa tou time

Blessed mummy
Me going to sign up classes at laines. likely going to do in Oct. But I doing last 2 modules of basic and masters you leh ?

Ice Kachang
Let us know what you have in mind. We can help you kick start.

chickenlittle
u doing SDU huh? i usually only do those one-time class. no time for SDU lah.

icekachang
it will be good for u to join introductory classes then u can have a rough feel of scrapping.

christmas
wow! i love ur shots! v nicely taken! when r u due?

hi everyone, me liking scrapbooking too... but hor super lazy... i trying to do it for my gal... so far only done one page!!!! hoping to complete her b4 no.2 come along in next feb....

anyway, to help....TIA

Hi Annisssa,

The Awaiting Harmony is cut on a negative (means I throw away the cut out letters leaving a stencil) using Quickutz Emily.

Hi Blessed Mommy,

I'm due in a wk :) Just waiting to pop. Pictures are taken at The Studio Loft.

Hi Chiken Little,

This is my 2nd baby. I'm slowing down a little but will pick up pace (hopefully) after baby is born. I've most of the Quickutz stuff (avid collector o dear). Can PM me if need anything.

Blessed mummy,

Yes yes me going to do SDU. I got free class for antique chic if I sign up for SDU. You want to go for Antique chic?

Dor11
Congrats. Ha ha then must do fast fast. I started doing for my second son first year album then never do for my gal. So now quickly use the product I am selling to show her I doing for her too. And get her to join me. Now she is enjoying the craft too.

How old is your gal ? Wat papers you have on hand and have you picked the pics and theme you want to do for your gal ? We can all help to show case more pics, then you "copy" and "edit" to your own style. This should be a fast start. Ha ha

Christmas,
Wow wow, hope to hear your "pop" news soon. So you will have 2 princesses ? Ok ok will ask you for lobang if I need.

Annissa
The difference between revo and squeeze will probably be this. Revo cannot do this.

Icekang,
Just to share with you. My second beyond basic class with MWL. This was done. Was taught how to do layering and stamping

937457.jpg

Or you can choose nice patterned papers which looks already like a layout as follows , I only add rub ons, ribbons and buttons

937458.jpg

Christmas......thanks for explaining, just as i guess. Wow, it's nice being a new mum the second time round. Take care.

ChickenLittle.....look like I need to get squeeze and Emily. Money not enough man!!!

The LO of my dog is done at the Getting Started class conducted by MWL (Made With Love) at Plaza Singapura. Woul like to attend the layering class.

anissa
is that ur first LO? v nice!

chickenlittle
hey what is squeeze and emily? pardon me la been scrapping for years but never bother abt all those terms.

Blessedmommy
Then you are not in deep poison like me. Squeeze is quickutz squeeze machine which you can punch alphabets out. Emily - is the font.

Quickutz
938153.gif

Emily - Alpha Details
938154.gif

We have a number of people in this thread. Nice size can do a crop party together.

Hi Chickenlittle,

Actually I did the negative with the Revo, it's better control you can measure precisely.

I'm hoping to hold SB sessions mid next year when I move to a new apt. The current place is too small, unless everyone sits on the floor. I have plenty of Squeeze to spare.

Anyone wants to hold crop sessions in the meanwhile? We could take turns :p

Wow Christmas

Did you use a 2x2 Emily classic die on the revo ? I only have 4 x 4 die so cannot do this right ?
Would you recommendation be buying more of 2x2 die ?

If you dun mind, my place not big but can hold a small size lah. But at CCK leh. Anyone wants to come ?

Blessedmommy....Yes, its my maiden piece. Thanks.

Christmas....Thanks for sharing. I'll try with my Rev. Supposed need to do a fair bit of alignment.

chickenlittle
oh i know that machine but didnt know its called squeeze! hehe... also, i have not tried the die cutting. anyone can teach me?

Hi Chickenlittle,

Yes to do the negative need 2x2 classic fonts which are only 1 letter per plate. Not the 4x4 fonts.

Thanks for inviting us :) I can go if I haven't pop ;-P. Or after I pop maybe rest a wk or so...

If it's weekday and you all dun mind small space & the mess I also dun mind hosting. Let's see when everyone is free?

Hi,

I'm considering to start a scrapbook. How do I go about starting? Where do u gals buy yr material?

chickenlittle
im on! but where ah? and also im shifting house next mth! so kinda tight on my schedule. u ladies fix a date and i will try to accomodate?

christmas
wow! u on! a week aft delivery can go out scrapping hahaha!!

Aiyo

1 going to pop , another shifting house. Well if you dun mind, I have a open house at my place at CCK on 1 Sep, can pop by in the afternoon.

Or I can book the scraplab at MWL, I think we just pay $10 each.

Hi eve
There are many places to get your materials from. Basically, for the scrapbooking hobby now, everything has to be Acid-Free and Lignin Free, from the papers that you use, to the glue that you use to affix the papers and photos together and to the pens for journalling to mark the special date/event and feelings. Reason being the special conditions it's because these acid-free materials will not turn yellow even 100 years down the road. So even your great-grandchildren can enjoy what you did =)

You can pay a visit to Made with Love at Plaza Singapura where they have lots of works put up as well as their own albums which showcase what they had done. It's very easy to put together an album actually. Or another alternative is to take a peek at what some of the mummies are posting up here to get a feel of what scrapbooking (SB) is about. There are some biz threads in market place that has their own gallery showcasing their works, other than their products too. =)

Hope this info can be of help to you.

christmas
wow! I really like your preggy studio pics! Like what chicken-little said, one sexy mummy!

hmmmm, I shared some LOs in another thread previously, the Digital Scrapbooking thread. I'll share the LOs here also bah. =)

940677.jpg

Aiyo so qiao Blessedmommy

Then what day is good leh ?

FYI I just signed up a metallic class with Laines for 13 Sep

chickenlittle
what time is the class? im also interested in that class! btw, u ftwm or sahm?

im slightly more free aft 2nd weekk of sept. its ok u ladies go ahead first. i will join u gals later ok?

Back