Should I change my gynae?

missiebaby

My current gynae is very experienced and nice, but I'm considering switching cos I prefer someone who is much more jovial (I tend to get paranoid very easily so it probably helps to have someone patient and positive). Not that my current gynae is bad, but he is generally a man of few words lol.

Should I change to a new gynae? Or just stick to a familiar face? I'm thinking of switching to Dr Benjamin Tham though, but heard that the waiting time is long... Anyone can share recent experiences?

what i know is that private gynae in singapore have very packed schedules. so it is hard to find those that have time to be jovial with u.

my previous gynae sf loh is quite jovial but also at times sarcastic jovial.

or maybe you want to try the new gynae office at jem :)

My current gynae is very experienced and nice, but I'm considering switching cos I prefer someone who is much more jovial (I tend to get paranoid very easily so it probably helps to have someone patient and positive). Not that my current gynae is bad, but he is generally a man of few words lol.

Should I change to a new gynae? Or just stick to a familiar face? I'm thinking of switching to Dr Benjamin Tham though, but heard that the waiting time is long... Anyone can share recent experiences?

If you prefer someone chirpier and can answer your questions then you may consider switching. I personally cannot take it when the gynae seems to be in a rush or who seems not to want me to ask questions. However, experience do play a part as well especially when it's time to give birth.

If you want someone chirpy then I will recommend Dr Geraldine Tan from Thomson Women's Clinic. She's always chirpy and takes time to answer the questions. Only thing is, she's in the east. I've been with her since 2009 and had done one surgery and an emergency c-sect with her. She has superb stitching skills too.

Back