Recommended Gynae - with no epidural

Angela42

Dear all mummies and mummies to be, I’m tested twice (with clear blue tester) with positive result. First time :) would like to seek your advice if any recommended gynae can be consulted. Would be great if any mummies can share her experience without eidural too.Thanks in advance

Dear all mummies and mummies to be, I’m tested twice (with clear blue tester) with positive result. First time :) would like to seek your advice if any recommended gynae can be consulted. Would be great if any mummies can share her experience without eidural too.Thanks in advance

Congrats dear!! No one will want to take Epidural. No Gynae will recommend Epidural (as what I know).
But some will need the epidural in some unforeseen circumstances which they can't run away from it.

As for my experience, when I having my #1, I always do research on Epidural, side effect etc. And of course it's a NO option for anyone too. Heard too much around me regards to the epidural side effect too. When I delivering my #1, I strictly said NO to epidural even Gynae had advice I really need it. Still I was stubborn due to the research that I did and heard.

Why Gynae advice me to take? Because they checked I'm having 100% contraction of labouring but no dilating/opening yet. They can't emergency cser me cause my baby position head are down, they afraid it can cut parts of baby. Still I stubborn and don't want to take epidural.

Till my pulse are super low and I had blank off few times. Gynae woke me up and told my husband to talk to me and ensure I don't knock off again if not my pulse will stop there and both life will end there. The only choice I had was epidural. And lastly I took it with fear. And guess what, I go through all that 14-16hrs in labour then my baby pop out.

After a month of eating proper meal and taking care, I don't even have side effect of epidural till today. Sorry if my story are too long, but that's my experience with epidural during labour. So here, we as a mum will never want to take any risk if that's the only choice of saving our love life. Just think if I still stubborn, I'm sure I won't be here and will never see my baby grew and now having my #2.

Congrats dear!! No one will want to take Epidural. No Gynae will recommend Epidural (as what I know).
But some will need the epidural in some unforeseen circumstances which they can't run away from it.

As for my experience, when I having my #1, I always do research on Epidural, side effect etc. And of course it's a NO option for anyone too. Heard too much around me regards to the epidural side effect too. When I delivering my #1, I strictly said NO to epidural even Gynae had advice I really need it. Still I was stubborn due to the research that I did and heard.

Why Gynae advice me to take? Because they checked I'm having 100% contraction of labouring but no dilating/opening yet. They can't emergency cser me cause my baby position head are down, they afraid it can cut parts of baby. Still I stubborn and don't want to take epidural.

Till my pulse are super low and I had blank off few times. Gynae woke me up and told my husband to talk to me and ensure I don't knock off again if not my pulse will stop there and both life will end there. The only choice I had was epidural. And lastly I took it with fear. And guess what, I go through all that 14-16hrs in labour then my baby pop out.

After a month of eating proper meal and taking care, I don't even have side effect of epidural till today. Sorry if my story are too long, but that's my experience with epidural during labour. So here, we as a mum will never want to take any risk if that's the only choice of saving our love life. Just think if I still stubborn, I'm sure I won't be here and will never see my baby grew and now having my #2.
Hi hi... thanks for sharing. Of course if there will be no choice, will go for epidural. By the way, is there any recommended Gynae? Preferably to go Thomson or Mt Alvernia. Thanks

Hi hi... thanks for sharing. Of course if there will be no choice, will go for epidural. By the way, is there any recommended Gynae? Preferably to go Thomson or Mt Alvernia. Thanks

Sorry, I don't go for private and didn't aware of their Gynae. Unable to help you on this dear.

You can try Dr ST Beh from Thomson Medical. I find that his charges are reasonable. Had a pleasant stay at TMC, service was great! Mine was natural with epi. I was also afraid of the side effects and insisted on no epi. But i couldnt take the pain so i gave in to epi. Overall pleasant experience at TMC and very good gynae.

Last edited:
You can try Dr ST Beh from Thomson Medical. I find that his charges are reasonable. Package around 700+. Had a pleasant stay at TMC, service was great! Mine was natural with epi. I was also afraid of the side effects and insisted on no epi. But i couldnt take the pain so i gave in to epi. Overall pleasant experience at TMC and very good gynae.

Thanks for your advise :) what about the cost at TMC reasonable?

Thanks for your advise :) what about the cost at TMC reasonable?

Mine was 2 bedder, natural with epi, 3d2n. Paid about 3.3k cash after deducting medisave. I find it very reasonable. Their service is good and food was good too!

Whether to take epidural or not is ur call during ur labour, the nurse will ask you.

Really depend on how u see the contraction pain ( ur pain threshold)

The nurse asked me twice if i needed it . So since i still can endure the contraction, i rejected all. Until who knows baby is out without epidural :)

Anyway the contraction pain differs in each pregnancy. My first and second were different types of pain.

Whether to take epidural or not is ur call during ur labour, the nurse will ask you.

Really depend on how u see the contraction pain ( ur pain threshold)

The nurse asked me twice if i needed it . So since i still can endure the contraction, i rejected all. Until who knows baby is out without epidural :)

Anyway the contraction pain differs in each pregnancy. My first and second were different types of pain.

Yupz true! it's by luck.. I'm hoping #2 won't be as painful as #1.. :)
Do you practice anything to avoid the pain?

I always find the waterbirth cool. Can share the experience? More painful?
overall i find it very good. It was peaceful and relaxing. The warm water and back rub from husband helps to relieve the pain.
Took 5 hrs for the first birth, and 3 hrs for 2nd birth.
Tolerance to pain is very subjective, we like the whole birthing experience a lot.

overall i find it very good. It was peaceful and relaxing. The warm water and back rub from husband helps to relieve the pain.
Took 5 hrs for the first birth, and 3 hrs for 2nd birth.
Tolerance to pain is very subjective, we like the whole birthing experience a lot.
Hi Mrs H, which hospital did u chose for water birth?

Back