Question on Maternity Packages & Medisave Claims

snowyflake

Posted on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 11:51 pm:
Hi all, I am a first time mum and am confused when comparing the maternity packages for Mount A and TMC as the descriptions are different. I need some advise here on how to read the packages.

For reference:
TMC packages - http://www.thomsonmedical.com/maternity-packages/
Mt A packages- http://www.mtalvernia-hospital.org/Maternity-Packages.asp

From the list, assuming I want to take up a single bedded room, under scenario of Normal Delivery w/ Epidural;
Mt A cost is $2948.92-$1650(Medisave claim)= $1298.92 cash payable
TMC cost is $3227.10-$1400-$700 (Medisave claim)= $1127.10

So, although Mt A cost looks lower but after the Medisave claim, it's actually more cash payable?
Why are the claims for the hospitals different? I thought Medisave claims is controlled by government and should be the same regardless of hospitals?

Need some good advise here, thanks in advance!

Hello..

For the Mt A package, after all deductibles, you should be paying cash of $848.92 [2,948.92 - 1,650 (Medisave Claimable :
Delivery expenses) - 450 (Additional Medisave Claimable :pre-natal medical expenses)]. This turns out to be cheaper than Thomson..

Do note that the $1,650 is claimable delivery expenses. $450 is your claimable pre-natal medical expenses, meaning you need to keep all receipts from your monthly/weekly checkups at the gynae.

The claims are the same. It is the way they break up the deductible amount. Let's see...

Add up the deductibles from Mt A, i.e. (1,650 + 450 = 2,100)
Now, add up the deductibles from Thomson, i.e (1,400 + 700 = 2,100).

Isn't the amount same? From my own encounter, medisave claim is the same regardless of hospitals.

Additional info : For all Assisted deliveries (delivery with aid of vacuum/ forceps), the claimable delivery expenses is usually more than $1,650.

Hope that helps

Another thing is, you usually need to pay a deposit b4 ur edd. So aft deducting that, u may be paying less cash during ur checkout.

Hey ladies,
Thanks so much for the clarifications! You are fabulous!

So in summary, actually Mt A is cheaper than TMC.
But Mt A has so much more good reviews than TMC, so its cheaper yet better.
Hmm..but my gynae Benjamin Tham's clinic is at TMC and his nurses are pro- TMC although I wanted to choose Mt A initially from the good reviews I see online.

I also heard TMC reviews not as gd but how come everybody go there? I heard alotof stars go there for delivery...
My MIL even "suan" said" this is celebrity hospitsl"

Go for Mt A. I had my delivery at Mt. A. The nurses are friendly and there to guide you how to breastfeed. The sister was kind to come to my delivery room to encourage me to ease my nervous before my confinement. The price is reasonable also.

Selina >> For my gynae Dr Benjamin Tham, he has a package from 12 weeks for $650.. i suppose with all the oscar / detailed scans / vitamins and the package, the cost shld come up to about between $1.5k to $1.8k..

Per my knowledge, whether it is TMC or Mt A's package, it doesnt not include doctor's charges. You need to ask your doctor what is his charges. Again, the doctor will charge differently for the various delivery methods.

Hi mummies,
Has anyone had any experience giving birth in TMC? I will be delivering my #2 baby there next year under planned c-sect. Thinking if I should opt for 1-bedded coz i have another toddler who I expect will be running around when he comes to visit but i'm not sure what hospital bill size to expect. So would like to ask if any mummies have any experience with csects at TMC? Thanks.. =)

Anyway... MrsHo, your gynae's package seem to be cheap. Mine under Dr Jasmine is $800 beginning 12 weeks also. I was her patient back in KKH and I decided to follow her to TMC for my second pregnancy.

Mrs Ho, thanks. How about the doctor delivery charges, i understand the hospital package exclude the doctor's delivery charges.

Wondershine,
I have just delivered my baby in may at tmc via c sect.
I have go for single bedder.it is good and your hubby can stay overnight as well.must pay of cause.abt $72 per night plus breakfast.
The cost via medisave is $3950.via cash about $5k.

By the way,u r seeing which gynae?

Hope the info helps.

Hi Ital23

you paid 5k cash u mean? for TMC?

how the service there???

I wanted to give birth at mount A but my gynae no longer deliver at mount A at the moment due to renovation....

I only scared get bill shocked ... looking at normal birth with epidural. Anyone can share their bill? even for emergency c-sec?

I need to planned for the worst... cox we are not that well of but hubby wants me to go for better comfort.

Hi Winnie,
Yes.i paid abt $5k in cash at tmc.
Stay single bedder.c sect via epidural.4d3n
My hubby stay for 2 nights .so pay for extra .
Not to forget the $5k included the pd daily visit to check your baby and also all the necessary checks for your bb.some check up are optional.i let my bb taken all tests.
I think it is worth it.
happy.gif

Pleased with the services.

Anyone consulting Dr Lawrence Ang, how much does it costs to deliver in TMC with his charges? I am first time delivering here, not sure which is cheaper. kindly advice. thanks!

Hi Anyone consulting Dr. Beh from TMC? How much does it cost for normal delivery. This is my frist BB.

Hi,

I'm new to forum... My EDD is early April 2014.

As my Gynae is located in Gleneagles, and for convenience we decided to deliver there too.... Anyone has any experience delivering at Gleneagles?

Selina >> For my gynae Dr Benjamin Tham, he has a package from 12 weeks for $650.. i suppose with all the oscar / detailed scans / vitamins and the package, the cost shld come up to about between $1.5k to $1.8k..
Hi, is Dr Benjamin Tham gd? I am looking for a gynae now. Mind sharing his contact? Does he deliver at mount alv?

My 3rd delivery with Dr Beh, and its all worth it. My first was CS cos my late first son was CS, and there could be risk if i take normal. Second was also CS cos my placenta is completely lying on opening. Third is i planned to undergo CS and ligation at d same time.
I take up d package at $600 since 2009, its never changed. Its worth it cos im secured of regular checkups and at least 350-400$ discount on Dr Beh charges for delivery.
Dr Beh charges for CS is $2,800 after discount. CS with ligation is $3,300.
For me I always opt for Dr Beh cos he makes everything so easy, he is professional and very reassuring. Its like whenever im pregnant, i dont need to worry about anything at all cos im in good hands with Dr Beh.
The queuee is also not bad, maximum i have waited ever since 2009 was 40mins and minimum if ur on time on appointment was 20mins. He got a lot of patients whole day but somehow he and the staff managed to handle it smoothly.
Anything email me about Dr Beh cos i have 3 delivery with him.

My 3rd delivery with Dr Beh, and its all worth it. My first was CS cos my late first son was CS, and there could be risk if i take normal. Second was also CS cos my placenta is completely lying on opening. Third is i planned to undergo CS and ligation at d same time.
I take up d package at $600 since 2009, its never changed. Its worth it cos im secured of regular checkups and at least 350-400$ discount on Dr Beh charges for delivery.
Dr Beh charges for CS is $2,800 after discount. CS with ligation is $3,300.
For me I always opt for Dr Beh cos he makes everything so easy, he is professional and very reassuring. Its like whenever im pregnant, i dont need to worry about anything at all cos im in good hands with Dr Beh.
The queuee is also not bad, maximum i have waited ever since 2009 was 40mins and minimum if ur on time on appointment was 20mins. He got a lot of patients whole day but somehow he and the staff managed to handle it smoothly.
Anything email me about Dr Beh cos i have 3 delivery with him.

So glad!! I am also with dr. Beh... My first pregnancy... His package is still $600 and all his vitamins doesn't cost much. He just gave the necessary vitamins for my sis in law. As for me coz I already bought outside he ask me to just finish it. So he doesn't force me to buy anything...

Hello..

For the Mt A package, after all deductibles, you should be paying cash of $848.92 [2,948.92 - 1,650 (Medisave Claimable :
Delivery expenses) - 450 (Additional Medisave Claimable :pre-natal medical expenses)]. This turns out to be cheaper than Thomson..

Do note that the $1,650 is claimable delivery expenses. $450 is your claimable pre-natal medical expenses, meaning you need to keep all receipts from your monthly/weekly checkups at the gynae.

The claims are the same. It is the way they break up the deductible amount. Let's see...

Add up the deductibles from Mt A, i.e. (1,650 + 450 = 2,100)
Now, add up the deductibles from Thomson, i.e (1,400 + 700 = 2,100).

Isn't the amount same? From my own encounter, medisave claim is the same regardless of hospitals.

Additional info : For all Assisted deliveries (delivery with aid of vacuum/ forceps), the claimable delivery expenses is usually more than $1,650.

Hope that helps

Hi I didn't know we can claim the pre-natal medical expenses. How do we submit the claim???

Thanks in advance

How much to have normal delivery with epidural after deduction? Anyone? And C-section ?

I am 32 weeks now but baby head is still up here... Will baby head move down? I am very concern...

During my #1 delivered at tmc. We have $450 pre ntal medical expenses claim on top of those medisave claims. I paid total $750 cash. We opt for 4 beded and auto upgrade to 2 bedded. Btw im planned c sect. That was 3 years old.

Hi all, any idea if there is any surcharge involved if i choose a different hospital from where my gynae is based?

My gynae is based in TMC and was informed by TMC nurse that if i choose a different hospital for delivery, there will be a surcharge of 20%?!

Back