Primary Schools in Punggol

choyagal

Hi mommies,

I know there are a few primary schools in Punggol area, can I have a share of your experience the primary school your child is in?

Which are the popular schools here?

Haha not sure if I may too kiasu cos my girl is only 3yrs old this year,

thanks

I need advise..what criterias parents decide whether to enrol child to afternoon or morning session?

My child due for primary one registration next year..she is a latenight sleeper...

Will there be ample time for kids to do homework,school revision or weekdays enrichment classes if on either both sessions, as well as prepation time to eat at home or getting ready to walk to school..,etc? Will the timings be very rushing?

I need advise and sharings how you deal with kids daily cos i am first time parent and poor time management...

The schools in Punggol all are morning session. If I'm not mistaken, Mee Toh has or will start with morning session.

Renewal, best to encourage your child to sleep earlier.

As far as my kid's school, there is ample time for him to do homework. P1 - not too many homework. My kid's teacher encourage the kids to finish work at school. So, he seldom bring homework home.

As for enrichment class on weekdays, I'm not sure as my kids only have chinese enrichment and it's on weekend.

I guess timing wise, is all about time management. You'll be surprise kids can adapt quite well. However, no denying for me as it's quite a rush to get them prepare - just have to wake up earlier and get use to it.

Hope that helps.

Hi Pavillion,
Mee Toh right now, not on 2 sessions..? I keep thinking so..will kid still often fall sicks comes to primary one..?

Hi renewal,

I'm not too sure. Perhaps you might want to give them a call. I know that eventually all schools aim to go single session.

As for falling sick, depend on kids. Hard to say.

Thanks for advise,Pavillion. At least now, i am mentally prepared and plan how to choose enrichment centre to suit mychild. Which chinese centre u send your kids to for enrichment class? Any need for abacus or mental maths or basic maths enrichment now?

Hi renewal,

I've enrolled my girl at Beijing Language school in Punggol Plaza.

Too much eenrichment might not be good for a small child..

Hi Hui Ming, your child under Chew laoshi or Chen laoshi at beijing sch? Why too much enrichment classes no good? I dunno what activities to fill up my child..,pls advise,,

Hi , i will like to join in the chat, i'm also stay in Punggol and my girl is 4yrs this year, will hope to know more about Primary school in Punggol. Hope to hear advise from here :)

There are quite a few new schools in Punggol which are not bad: Horizon (heard got balloting) and Punggol View

Wow, will really like to heard more comments regards to Punggol View, i'm stay at TL so is definitely my 1st choice when is my girl time for enrolment.

Hi renewal,

She's with Teacher Qiu class on Tuesday evening. Initially she looks forward to the class but lately cried. I've also enrolled her in Morris Ellen, same pattern; was fine for the first few lessons :(
she will always complained she's tired. Did I stuff her too many enrichment class?

Wow, will really like to heard more comments regards to Punggol View, i'm stay at TL so is definitely my 1st choice when is my girl time for enrolment.
Friend's kid at Punggol View gave very glowing feedback of the school, but bad feedback on the in-house studentcare.

The teachers are caring and the kids really enjoy school.
The work given is also adequate academically but not too much.

Her child feels very happy studying there. But he hates the studentcare due to many factors.

Friend's kid at Punggol View gave very glowing feedback of the school, but bad feedback on the in-house studentcare.

The teachers are caring and the kids really enjoy school.
The work given is also adequate academically but not too much.

Her child feels very happy studying there. But he hates the studentcare due to many factors.

Glad to hear good feedbck, thanks for sharing.

Hi renewal,

She's with Teacher Qiu class on Tuesday evening. Initially she looks forward to the class but lately cried. I've also enrolled her in Morris Ellen, same pattern; was fine for the first few lessons :(
she will always complained she's tired. Did I stuff her too many enrichment class?

Hihi, most importantly is identify why your child is upset after few class, probably the teacher give unconstructive comments on her work? or probably she feel disturbed by her classmate. I believe after identifying the issue then problem can be solve.

Regard to overloading, i guess still ok ba. I enrolled my 4yrs old for english phonics on sat evening at Punggol Vista CC and Chinese course at Beijing Language Sch (Sengkang HUb) on sunday afternoon. So far she's coping well and enjoying.

HI Everyone my dd will be enrolling in Primary school this year.. Am looking for reviews on Punggol View Primary & Oasis Primary... Can someone let me know how are this school?

Back