Primary School at Sembawang

HM Chong

I will move in to Sembawang next year. My child will go P1 in year 2017. Kindly recommend any good primary schools at Sembawang! Thank you very much.

I also keen to find out.
Which is in your mind now?
I heard that Canberra primary school quite ok.
But I may send my kids to Sembawang primary school due to convenience.
Hope other parents who have kids in primary schools in Sembawang area can generously share their comments :)

my child is at sembawang primary school too. may not be the 1st choice of most parents but so far so good for my child. There is a student care centre within the school compound which is what we needed too.

Canberra primary school may be the "famous" school around sembawang area but the thought balloting for a seat is just too stressful. When we said "better", is it really better or it's just "happen" to be "better" because parents are saying so. Are we to send our child to both schools in order to access which school is "better"?

Last edited:
Hi FruitySweets.. One of my friend said that since last year the sembawang primary become strict. Some of the things become forbidden n have new rules. Is it true? Her child now is P3

Hi ivah, forbidden things such as? I've not seen any unreasonable rules so far. I even feedback to the principles of his students misbehaved in a playground. Action taken & it's a good thing.

Now im doin volunteer at canberra. Because it's just behind my block. Can your kid read fluently when K2? My daughter just start learning to read

u stay very near to the school, so it's just right to enroll to this school but i would say chances are not any higher even with volunteer work but no harm trying.

my child can read fluently since 4 years old. we didn't send her to any enrichment classes, fyi. we can't rely on the school alone. we as parents need to educate them.

we provide her with books more than toys since 1yo. she love reading since then. we didn't really "force" her to read, she just like to. count ourselves lucky I guess.

can't really use the same method on all as all children are different.

My older daughter liked to read when she small. Different with my youngest. She can touch the book only for few minutes

mayb u can read to her instead of asking her to read. mine can sit down & listen for a LONG LONG time till she don't want us to stop reading. this is tedious :eek:

Usually it's us the one who read. But she also want to hold the book. And maybe because she don't like the story or she feel bored so she just hang on for few minutes. Just like you said the children are different. The older one could ask for few stories when she small

Back