Preeclampsia

Ocho

Anyone been tested positive for preeclampsia and what are the preventive action taken during pregnancy term? Any tips to share?

Anyone been tested positive for preeclampsia and what are the preventive action taken during pregnancy term? Any tips to share?
hi there,
I had severe preeclampsia and unfortunately my gynae did not pick it up until it struck me at 30 weeks. My firstborn was delivered by emergency csect prematurely at 32 weeks and both of us spent 3 weeks in hospital.

If ur preeclampsia was picked up early, it is actually a good thing. Your doctor should start you on aspirin to control the condition. What you can do for yourself is to get light exercise (walking is good), drink lots of water, consume less sodium and most importantly get lots of rest. I cannot emphasise the resting part enough. If it doesn't feel right, head to the hospital immediately. How far along are u?

Hi I concur as well. My gynae for second pregnancy was more alert. He put me on aspirin from from the start. My second pregnancy was very smooth compared to first where BP was yo yo. First pregnancy delivered earlier at 36 weeks. Second was full term at 37 weeks and 3 days.

Thanks for the advices, yogimummy86 & aquietkindofpeace :)
I am 11 weeks thus far. Based on gynea's judgement, I belong to the group of preeclampsia condition and advise taking test to confirm. I have seen my blood pressure bordering on high (120/89) when I visited gp for fever lately. What do you mean by resting part? Care to eleborate more?

Actually 120/90 considered OK I thought? Usually BP goes up when unwell.

Pregnancy takes a toll on body. It's nature's stress test on how our bodies react when physical load is high. Our bp goes up when not able to carry the load. So resting meaning not over exerting, getting eight hours or more sleep and watching sodium level is important.

Also discuss with gynae. Mine put me on aspirin from 1st trim till 30+ weeks. It worked for me.

Hope this helps!

I am trying to gather more info before next appointment and have read up internet and 120/90 seems to be bordering on high side - I might be wrong because this is purely from some readings. Yes, the clarification on rest is very helpful :) I will watch on specially on sodium too. Thank you!

Back