Period smell after giving birth

y1ng

Hi all! Firstly congrats to those mummies that had given birth during Nov! I juz delivered a week ago :)

Here's something i wanna ask, as I'm a first time mum. My period kinda smells ever since giving birth. It smells compared to before pregnancy menses. Is this normal? Please advise if y'all can. TIA!

Hi, congrats and welcome to motherhood

You are natural birth or c-sec?

Could be due to you are passing out all the dirty blood? You are still under confinement right..

It’s called lochia and it smells stronger than usual period. It’s normal and usually takes about few weeks to clear out

Hi, congrats and welcome to motherhood

You are natural birth or c-sec?

Could be due to you are passing out all the dirty blood? You are still under confinement right..
Hi i had a natural birth and yup still confining... 2 week only.
So the smell is due to dirty blood?

It’s called lochia and it smells stronger than usual period. It’s normal and usually takes about few weeks to clear out
Icic! Noted with thanks. I hope at 3rd week the smell will be lighten. I cannot stand cos i can smell even I'm seated down. I wonder my mum or hus near me sometimes can smell it anot. Even it's not alot of blood, it still smells somehow

Icic! Noted with thanks. I hope at 3rd week the smell will be lighten. I cannot stand cos i can smell even I'm seated down. I wonder my mum or hus near me sometimes can smell it anot. Even it's not alot of blood, it still smells somehow

Oh.. Try to change pad regularly...

Back