period is 6 days late + negative clear blue test

choochoo123

I am a 25 year old female. i had my last period on oct27. My period should have started on nov24. My average cycle is 29days and most of the time it is accurate. I had protected sex on nov16 and 20. We checked the condom it did not break. we used durex extra safe condom. I do not feel anything weird at all (no pregnancy symptoms and most of all i have no breast soreness). I just feel like it is a normal day.

My period is 6 days late as of today. Yesterday (5th day of no period) I used Clear Blue pregnancy test (not the digital one). It came out as a very clear negative.

Why is my period still late if it shows negative? Did I take the test too early?

To be honest, I have been worried of unwanted pregnancy ever since the day I missed my period (6 days ago). Up until yesterday when I saw the negative I had some peace of mind.

Can this affect my late period? Or am i really pregnant?

Also, for the whole of november I did not engage in any physical activities. Most of my weekday is just wake up + go to work + go home + sleep. My weekends are mostly wake up + go to mall + go home + sleep. No physical activities.

Last edited:

Stress and worry can delay your periods, so try not to do those unnecessarily.
Sometimes a hormonal imbalance can delay your period (completely normal) or this could be a longer cycle than usual. It's completely normal for periods to be late by a couple of days (up to a week).

If you're uncertain about the test and it reliability, either take another test or get confirmation from a dr.
FYI pregnancy symptoms are different for everyone and some people don't experience any symptoms although they are pregnant.

Best advice, if in doubt get yourself checked out by a dr.

Last edited:
Check your longest cycle. I had some false alarms as my period cycle range from 25-30 days. Add 7 more days to your longest cycle. If it's still late, it's time to see the doctor.

I experienced this when I was 24. Freaked out too. Did 2 preg test and both were neg. so don't worry. For me, medicine tends to delay my period. For example if for a particular month I pop a panadol bec of headache, that month confirm delay. Drink pineapple juice. It works for me.

Today marks my 8th day without period. When I woke up first thing in the morning I did another test. Using the same ClearBlue test (not the digital one) the one you can buy from watsons around 13sgd. It came out as a very clear negative. Still no period. I feel no symptoms. I feel like today is a normal day. No pain. Nothing.

I am confused.

Get yourself check by the doctor since its the 8th day already. The doc will ask you to do another urine test or blood test which is like pixie say very accurate in the clinic. If you are not pregnant, you can request for pills to start ur menses.

Don't stress urself out, will delay further

Back