Oscar vs Panorama

Kittyloves

Just want to check the differences between Oscar and Panorama. I am 31 this year and abit confuse on which check to go to.

Any advice would be good.

Just want to check the differences between Oscar and Panorama. I am 31 this year and abit confuse on which check to go to.

Any advice would be good.
HI Kittyloves,
below my summaries.

For FTS (First Trimester Screening), it was consist of OSCAR (blood test) + NT (Nuchal Translucency) Scan.
The blood test is to test the down syndrome T21, T18 & T13 while the nuchal translucency scan (also called the NT scan) uses ultrasound to assess your developing baby's risk of having Down syndrome (DS) and some other chromosomal abnormalities, as well as major congenital heart problems.The NT scan measures the clear (translucent) space in the tissue at the back of your baby's neck. Babies with abnormalities tend to accumulate more fluid at the back of their neck during the first trimester, causing this clear space to be larger than average.
FTS accuracy is only 90%, and many feedback that this test always gives false positive result. This test unable to test the gender but of coz, you can get to know the gender by the upcoming prenatal check up when your baby grow bigger.
You can do the FTS during Wk11 to Wk13 and the LAST day to do this test is on Wk13D6. This test is usually charge below $400. But for foreigner, it will be below $500.

For NIPT (Non-invasive Prenatal Screening), some may called NICE, Harmony test, Panorama or iGene test.
This test is only a blood test to test the down syndrome T21, T18 & T13. This test accuracy is 99%. This test able to test out the baby gender. NIPT can be done after 10th week of pregnancy. This test is usually charge around $800 to $1000 and foreigner will be <$1100.
Please note, NIPT do not consist of NT scan. Some ppl wanna make sure baby everything OK, hence they choose both FTS & NIPT. Of coz, they got to pay for both cost. If you think that you only want to choose the NIPT, you can still see whther the BB is it developing normal or not during wk20 the full detail scan. This detail scan at wk20 is compulsory de.

For choosing FTS or NIPT, i think most gynae or ppl may said if you are over 35, better choose the NIPT.

Hope this lengthy post can give you some tips for choosing FTS or NIPT. By the way, congrats on your pregnancy !

Hi all,
I'm 32 this year. Just got back my oscar report... Which is not good at all.
1:33 for T21 and 1:23 for T13
Nasal bone is present, baby's hb and rate all growing smoothly.. now is the neck fluid...

Did NIPT alrdy.. now have to wait for 2 weeks..
Super worried, duno how will be the result like?

Hi all,
Nasal bone is present, baby's hb and rate all growing smoothly.. now is the neck fluid...

Hope everything goes fine to your test result , 加油

HI Kittyloves,
below my summaries.

For FTS (First Trimester Screening), it was consist of OSCAR (blood test) + NT (Nuchal Translucency) Scan.
The blood test is to test the down syndrome T21, T18 & T13 while the nuchal translucency scan (also called the NT scan) uses ultrasound to assess your developing baby's risk of having Down syndrome (DS) and some other chromosomal abnormalities, as well as major congenital heart problems.The NT scan measures the clear (translucent) space in the tissue at the back of your baby's neck. Babies with abnormalities tend to accumulate more fluid at the back of their neck during the first trimester, causing this clear space to be larger than average.
FTS accuracy is only 90%, and many feedback that this test always gives false positive result. This test unable to test the gender but of coz, you can get to know the gender by the upcoming prenatal check up when your baby grow bigger.
You can do the FTS during Wk11 to Wk13 and the LAST day to do this test is on Wk13D6. This test is usually charge below $400. But for foreigner, it will be below $500.

For NIPT (Non-invasive Prenatal Screening), some may called NICE, Harmony test, Panorama or iGene test.
This test is only a blood test to test the down syndrome T21, T18 & T13. This test accuracy is 99%. This test able to test out the baby gender. NIPT can be done after 10th week of pregnancy. This test is usually charge around $800 to $1000 and foreigner will be <$1100.
Please note, NIPT do not consist of NT scan. Some ppl wanna make sure baby everything OK, hence they choose both FTS & NIPT. Of coz, they got to pay for both cost. If you think that you only want to choose the NIPT, you can still see whther the BB is it developing normal or not during wk20 the full detail scan. This detail scan at wk20 is compulsory de.

For choosing FTS or NIPT, i think most gynae or ppl may said if you are over 35, better choose the NIPT.

Hope this lengthy post can give you some tips for choosing FTS or NIPT. By the way, congrats on your pregnancy !
Hello
Thanks for all the info.
may I know where did you get the rates from?
My gynae from Thompson quoted me $1,300 for NIPT :/
I wonder if this is the normal market rate to private.

thanks
A

Hello
Thanks for all the info.
may I know where did you get the rates from?
My gynae from Thompson quoted me $1,300 for NIPT :/
I wonder if this is the normal market rate to private.

thanks
A
Hi, my quote is from KKH as a private (foreigner) patient. Local will be cheaper.

So I m paying abt $1050 for the NIPT at KKH due to wifey is foreigner.

Thanks! Me and both husband are both foreigners too but I’m a SG PR. I’ve been bounced around different hotline by KK but none can give me a quote, the range for NIPT (Harmony) they last gave me is 900-1,300. The range is rather huge.

also I wonder is NIPT a test you can order when you first visit the dr or the dr will determine for the mother whether they need it or not?

Thanks again :)

Thanks! Me and both husband are both foreigners too but I’m a SG PR. I’ve been bounced around different hotline by KK but none can give me a quote, the range for NIPT (Harmony) they last gave me is 900-1,300. The range is rather huge.

also I wonder is NIPT a test you can order when you first visit the dr or the dr will determine for the mother whether they need it or not?

Thanks again :)
If i am not wrong, the 1st or 2nd appointment with your gynae, your gynae will tell u that the Down syndrome department (AMC) from KKH will sms and schedule a date for you to go down KKH again and they will explain to you what is FTS (OSCAR) and NIPT. By then, u can decide which one to choose. Coz when the time we go down, is already at my wife pregnancy wk11, so we had decided what test to take and my wife straight choose the NIPT and do on tat day on the spot.

Technically NIPT is a description , the other are brand names. But for layperson like us the difference isnt worth worrying about both have high sensitivity and low false positive rate (very important for peace of mind)

I just went to gynae last week & she advised me to do OSCAR/PANORAMA test. I will be 34 years next month. Baby will born mid Jan'21. I was so confused on which test to do (newbie here :D ). A bit concern on my age & wanted to do Panorama but test fee really much different with OSCAR. My gynae didn't really advice me either to take Panorama, just asked me to think & schedule appointment later with her nurse o_O

I just went to gynae last week & she advised me to do OSCAR/PANORAMA test. I will be 34 years next month. Baby will born mid Jan'21. I was so confused on which test to do (newbie here :D ). A bit concern on my age & wanted to do Panorama but test fee really much different with OSCAR. My gynae didn't really advice me either to take Panorama, just asked me to think & schedule appointment later with her nurse o_O
Oscar tests give a lot of false positives, and some people still need to take Panorama test thereafter. For me, I will choose Panorama test in a heartbeat. Just my opinion, you should discuss with your husband and decide what to do next...

Oscar tests give a lot of false positives, and some people still need to take Panorama test thereafter. For me, I will choose Panorama test in a heartbeat. Just my opinion, you should discuss with your husband and decide what to do next...
better take both..

Hello! May I know how much your gynae charge you for the Panorama test? I'm about the same as you jus that my gynae didn't give me the option of OSCAR, straight away offer me Panorama test @ $1.6k.
Any idea if Panorama test and Harmony test is similar?

Hello! May I know how much your gynae charge you for the Panorama test? I'm about the same as you jus that my gynae didn't give me the option of OSCAR, straight away offer me Panorama test @ $1.6k.
Or I Guess they do both for u? At KKH, for foreigner, the OSCAR is charged $480 and NIPT charged $1050. For choosing NIPT, there is no NT scan, the NT scan is in the OSCAR packages , so some ppl may take up both packages ($1050 + $480) in order to get the 99.% of the Down syndrome test + the NT scan result.

Hi! Sorry for late reply. I ended up choose Panorama test. Price is around SGD 1300 (will do at TMC). My gynae never offer or decide for me to take Panorama. She asked me to think first and if I will take OSCAR, she doesn't mind.

Panorama is more on my preferred choice because I'm a paranoid type of person, so husband just support my decision. :D

Hi all,

hi! Thanks for sharing the result. I can relate how worrying must be for you to see the result. NIPT is paranoma test? How did it went? And how is everything now?

hi! Thanks for sharing the result. I can relate how worrying must be for you to see the result. NIPT is paranoma test? How did it went? And how is everything now?

hello! yes, was super worrying for almost 2 weeks. NIPT and paranoma is the same. Results came back low risk and the gender also. Baby is alrdy 1 year old! :)

i'm not sure whats happening on ur side. but everything will be fine, dont worry so much. jiayou!
Thanks for the encouragement and assurances. We received our Oscar results today and the T21 risk ratio is 1:116, which the doctor says it’s high risk. So we decided to also go for the NIPT. Praying that NIPT will give us a good result.

Thanks for the encouragement and assurances. We received our Oscar results today and the T21 risk ratio is 1:116, which the doctor says it’s high risk. So we decided to also go for the NIPT. Praying that NIPT will give us a good result.

it will be fine! good luck! :)

All the best ! I am a foreigner and I will going on 19th to do this test. I shall keep you updated on the test prices.

Thanks! But how about heart scan around 16 wks? Just wondering if you could share the decision factors to do amnio or not since it is the most definitive test but the downside is the risk of mc

Heart scan and all was fine. For mine, i did oscar first then results was bad.. so gynae suggested nipt. As scan of baby was good. I wont go for amnio actually, since the risk is there.

Heart scan and all was fine. For mine, i did oscar first then results was bad.. so gynae suggested nipt. As scan of baby was good. I wont go for amnio actually, since the risk is there.
Thanks! I was told to do a heart scan at week 16..specifically catered due to high NT :( for your nipt, did you go for the basic or extended? Another consideration for amnio is that it supposedly has a wider coverage compared to nipt ? (besides the higher certainty).

Thanks! But how about heart scan around 16 wks? Just wondering if you could share the decision factors to do amnio or not since it is the most definitive test but the downside is the risk of mc
Hi,
My gynae explained that NIPT is a screening test while Amnio is a diagnostic test. NIPT has a high level of accuracy so only if the results come back high risk then mummy can decide whether to do amnio to confirm the diagnosis. If NIPT results are good then usually no need to take the risk to do amnio.
Many babies with chromosomal defects have thick NT and some of these chromosomal defects cause heart or other physical defects. That’s probably the reason for calling for the heart scan. However there are also healthy babies w thick NT. Don’t worry and go for the tests that your doc recommended.

Last edited:

Back