One Day Intensive Anenatal Class at TMC

Hi mummies,

Has anyone attended TMC 1 day intensive class? Is it good enough? Or need to attend the 6 weekly sessions?

What's the doctor's talk at SCGS Level 2 Auditorium about? Worthwhile to attend? Btw, where's SCGS?

Please advise.

Last edited:
Hi I attended the intensive class recently coz husband is based overseas. I will say the class is good enough because many things you will learn when the baby comes. This class gives you a chance to ask questions about pain relief, breastfeeding, some exercises and massage tips for husbands, learn how to swaddle baby and hold baby for shower. But at the end you may still forget all these when baby come out. Good bonding session with husband. The person conducting the talk was very good too she actually overshot the time as she had a lot to share and she personally bought snacks for us during tea break. Din attend the doc's talk though

I attended the 6-sessions class, sounds like all the key topics were covered in the intensive class based on xyun08's reply. For the 6-sessions program, we repeated the exercises and massage tips at the start of every lesson, and probably there was a bit more hands-on time. If you have already been reading up on childbirth, pain relief, and breastfeeding, you may just want to list down your questions and go for the intensive class. The pace at the 6-sessions program can be a bit boring if you already understand the basics. It's good for mummies and daddies who haven't had the time to read up, though I must say it is a nice bonding opportunity.

Re doctor's talk - First part was presented by a pediatrician on common newborn health-related tips and issues to take note of. Second part was by a TCM practitioner on confinement diet do's and don'ts, and to introduce the TMC confinement catering service. Third part was a talk by Cordlife which I didn't stay for. Found most of the talk useful, but very rushed. Singapore Chinese Girls' School is at 190 Dunearn Rd.

Back