November 2020 Mummies

Just tested positive yesterday, and im struggling with the influx of informtion esp looking for gynae. Any recommendation?

Eh... I just peed on the stick & thinking when u should go doctor to confirm it... anyone went first gynae appt already?

Eh... I just peed on the stick & thinking when u should go doctor to confirm it... anyone went first gynae appt already?

I think as early as week 5 or 6, the heartbeat can be detected. First screening is usually around week 12 for abnormalities to be picked up.

Now with COVID-19, im wondering if it's safer to delay the first appt. With my firstborn, week 6 detected heartbeat at first appt.

I went to see gynaecology just now due to slight spotting. And she removed polyps for me and gave me pills to support pregnancy. At 5 weeks, can only see yolk sac and water bag. Can't see heartbeat yet.

Last edited:
Hello fellow nov mamas! I just tested BFP last week too. Conceived via IVF for #1 so this natural pregnancy is a real surprise for us!

Hi Ladies. I just went for my first scan on Tue at 7 weeks from last menses but doc measured to be 5 weeks. Only could see gestational sac and yolk sac at this stage. Next scan in two weeks and I can’t stop worrying that it will be a blighted ovum .

Hello! I tested positive on Wednesday with ClearBlue digital. However, because of my spotting for 5 days, I decided to visit my gynae today (Friday). In my horror, she said my urine test was negative. I really hope I’m a Nov mommy :(

Hi Ladies. I just went for my first scan on Tue at 7 weeks from last menses but doc measured to be 5 weeks. Only could see gestational sac and yolk sac at this stage. Next scan in two weeks and I can’t stop worrying that it will be a blighted ovum .
Hi there. I am not an expert. If your are worried, please go to another gynae for second opinion. I hope all the best to you! And jiayou!

Hi there. I am not an expert. If your are worried, please go to another gynae for second opinion. I hope all the best to you! And jiayou!
Hello, the gynae said for now dimensions and everything is normal in line with my last menstrual date. But two weeks later, we need to see the foetus and even hear the heartbeat. So I’m worried it won’t continue developing haha. Two weeks is such a long wait. Thought abt scanning again next week but if it’s negative then it may be still too early and I’ll get even more stressed. So maybe I’ll just wait it out so I can get a conclusive outcome.

Hello! I tested positive on Wednesday with ClearBlue digital. However, because of my spotting for 5 days, I decided to visit my gynae today (Friday). In my horror, she said my urine test was negative. I really hope I’m a Nov mommy :(
Hello how many days late were you when you tested? Could it be a chemical pregnancy ?

Sorry to hear about it, u can google chemical pregnancy.

Hope you are ok. Hang in there.

Tested positive yesterday and tested again still positive. Waiting to see gynae in a month's time as the gynae said will be more meaningful to check at about 8 weeks onwards.. Meanwhile can i go to GP to do blood test to confirm if it is indeed positive?

Hi all mommies to be, I just found out I'm pregnant too, edd should be mid November as well. Is there any groupchat for us to join?

Tested positive yesterday and tested again still positive. Waiting to see gynae in a month's time as the gynae said will be more meaningful to check at about 8 weeks onwards.. Meanwhile can i go to GP to do blood test to confirm if it is indeed positive?
I went to see the gynae at 7 weeks from last menstrual period. I think not neccessary to do a blood test. How many weeks from lmp are you now?

Hello how many days late were you when you tested? Could it be a chemical pregnancy ?
Hello I was 3 days late when tested. I got back the blood test already and I got the affirmation I’m pregnant. The urine test in clinic is not that sensitive, hence the negative! :)

Hello I was 3 days late when tested. I got back the blood test already and I got the affirmation I’m pregnant. The urine test in clinic is not that sensitive, hence the negative! :)
Strange that the clinic’s urine test is less sensitive than a hpt, what a unnecessary scare. But congratulations!!!

Last menses was 13 Feb. So it's been 5weeks from last menses.
I think you can see a gynae in two weeks time. But if you want to see a heartbeat you may want to wait til at least 8 weeks. I feel blood test don’t mean anything until you at least see the yolk sac

I think you can see a gynae in two weeks time. But if you want to see a heartbeat you may want to wait til at least 8 weeks. I feel blood test don’t mean anything until you at least see the yolk sac
KKH confirmed my first pregnancy with blood test before scheduling me for ultrasound. The blood test measures the HCG level. Mine was way higher than 25 mIU/mL (If i rem correctly, the number was in 5 digits). Probably just more accurate than urine test, just that there can be other factors that raise the HCG level.

An hCG level of less than 5 mIU/mL is considered negative for pregnancy, and anything above 25 mIU/mL is considered positive for pregnancy. An hCG level between 6 and 24 mIU/mL is considered a grey area, and you'll likely need to be retested to see if your levels rise to confirm a pregnancy.

9 to 12 weeks25,700 to 288,000
13 to 16 weeks3,300 to 253,000
17 to 24 weeks (second trimester)4,060 to 165,400
25 weeks to term (third trimester)3,640 to 117,000

KKH confirmed my first pregnancy with blood test before scheduling me for ultrasound. The blood test measures the HCG level. Mine was way higher than 25 mIU/mL (If i rem correctly, the number was in 5 digits). Probably just more accurate than urine test, just that there can be other factors that raise the HCG level.

An hCG level of less than 5 mIU/mL is considered negative for pregnancy, and anything above 25 mIU/mL is considered positive for pregnancy. An hCG level between 6 and 24 mIU/mL is considered a grey area, and you'll likely need to be retested to see if your levels rise to confirm a pregnancy.

9 to 12 weeks25,700 to 288,000
13 to 16 weeks3,300 to 253,000
17 to 24 weeks (second trimester)4,060 to 165,400
25 weeks to term (third trimester)3,640 to 117,000

What i mean is that having a high hcg does not mean it’s won’t be a blighted ovum. Many ladies have good hcg levels and during first scan don’t see anything. That’s why I say hcg doesn’t mean anything until you actually see something in your scan. But of course it’s up to you if you want to do the blood test. I never did it. Just went to see doc at week 7. I rather just wait for the more conclusive outcome

hey nov mummies, congrats everyone. I got my BFP a week back and will be a first time mummy too. So am abit blur.
Was wondering if anyone else experience pains. I should be like 5weeks plus but like pains near my left hipbone since before my period was due. Its like a sore pain that comes off and on, like once or twice a day for about 10mins and vanishes. One of my friend said we are not supposed to feel any pains or cramps so am a little worried.

hey nov mummies, congrats everyone. I got my BFP a week back and will be a first time mummy too. So am abit blur.
Was wondering if anyone else experience pains. I should be like 5weeks plus but like pains near my left hipbone since before my period was due. Its like a sore pain that comes off and on, like once or twice a day for about 10mins and vanishes. One of my friend said we are not supposed to feel any pains or cramps so am a little worried.
This morning I had it too...should be 5 weeks now. Felt like period cramps and woke up due to that. Bowel movement is far more frequent now, like 3 times this morning. Not sure if stomach upset or something else, but I didnt eat anything weird...

I did feel a bit crampy in my first pregnancy and my gynae prescribed duphaston to stabilise my pregnancy. Perhaps you may wish to visit your gynae earlier for a check?

Hello! I’m about 5 weeks this week too! I experience some cramps every few hours, but they’re bearable. My gynae prescribed duphaston to help stabilise. I think it could be normal, but you might want to pay your gynae a visit to ease your fears :)

I am currently week 5 day 5 now

I have been having spotting, bleeding and even clot since early this week :(

Today had an episode of heavy bleeding and clot falling off. Went to scan and could still see two sacs with the yolks and they have grown since Tuesday.

But bleeding is still there. Got 2 support jabs and have been on full support meds all these weeks...

Just feeling so scared :(

I am currently week 5 day 5 now

I have been having spotting, bleeding and even clot since early this week :(

Today had an episode of heavy bleeding and clot falling off. Went to scan and could still see two sacs with the yolks and they have grown since Tuesday.

But bleeding is still there. Got 2 support jabs and have been on full support meds all these weeks...

Just feeling so scared :(

Oh dear so sorry to hear this. It must be unnerving for you. Hang in there, rest, sending positive thoughts to you and your twins!

Hi Ladies, congrats to everyone. I am probably due late Nov, first time mtb here. I have not seen a gynae yet due to my hubby's SHN lol.
Any gynaes to intro? I am bloated every day and its so uncomfortable to the point that I feel like crying. Im not sure if it's due to preg vitamins that i'm taking or something else.
Anyone has tips on the bloating? Thanks :)

Hi mummies to be! Used clearblue and tested positive so went to clinic to get tested today.Double confirmed! haha.but GP ask me to go gynae to get scanned just to make sure all is good.EDD nov! First time MTB. Any gynaes to intro?

Hi Ladies, congrats to everyone. I am probably due late Nov, first time mtb here. I have not seen a gynae yet due to my hubby's SHN lol.
Any gynaes to intro? I am bloated every day and its so uncomfortable to the point that I feel like crying. Im not sure if it's due to preg vitamins that i'm taking or something else.

OMG.i totally get you.haha.i was feeling really nausea and bloated and unwell.i actually went to doc and was diagnose with stomach flu! given jab was on meds for 1 week plus turn out to be preg! so silly! so now bit worried cause of all the meds i took.... but i m also still looking for a gynae tooo.. to do a scan to make sure all is good though my GP confirmed it today.he told me to stop all supplements till i see a gynae.... i take sour cola candies and it helps me... haha.

oh and hot ginger honey drink! i just use couple slice of fresh ginger a tsp of honey!

Back