No job feeling terrible

vronmummy

Any mummies-to-be suffered the same fate as me?

Although hubby given me the green light to have ample rest at hm but I do feel dejected sometimes.

What upset me the most are those companies who REJECTED my application JUST BECAUSE I AM PREG!!! I am only applying for Part Time position!!

Singapore Govt are encourging us to have babies but how to when companies are rejecting us?! Our source of income are affected!

Hi Veron,

No job is definitely terrible....

Awful to have no income and have to ask hubby for money.

Give this a go....an ethical, honest home-based business that doesn't require you to beg your friends or family to buy.

It harnesses the power of the internet. You can reach to anyone anywhere in the world at the comfort of your home!

Log on to this....

http://www.vbuildernow.com/174958106

U can take this chance to rest more, just be more stringent in spending. When bb's out, u will be super duper busy taking care of bb and perhaps cope with new work. Want to take a breath also hard.

Susanna: You are right but sometimes i do feel that I am so useless to the family... And moreover my PIL do not know I am jobless, really wonder how would they feel
sad.gif

Hi,
Fully understand how you feel..... I left my last job during my 2nd pregancy due to work stress. Wanting to look for part-time or temp job but no company is keen to employ me too. Have no choice but to stay at home till delivery ......
sad.gif

Hi,

am becoming a SAHM due to no one taking care of my girl..

Was stressful as hubby dont earn much and r financially tight.. hope to do some homebased job..

Anyone got any lobang please advise.

Appreciated

Take it as a long break. I've been a stayhome for nearly 5 years now. The impt thing is not to keep comparing yourself against what you used to be/earn and your ex-colleagues 'cos being a mother is just a totally different commitment.

not easy being stayhome and no income. am also looking for job after few years of being one. scary to think what will happen when kids grow up with little savings.

I am looking for helpers, working at woodlands industrial park e1.Preferably residing in woodlands or Yishun.
Part-time Admin position. work from 9-2pm.
I need competent admin to prepare quotations and other administrative duties.Require to commit at least 4 working days per week.Using Excel and outlook email.
Only Singaporean and PR apply, as I do not hve quota for foreigners.
Please email: [email protected] or PM me. for salaries and details.

Women are the greatest person in earth. They have to be a mother to their child looking after every needs at home as a wife and a daughter, see to every issues at home, working hard for income to supplement at home, what else a woman cant do when man says i give up? We take pride in every stride to survive. Like a lioness in the wilderness strategising to hunt for survival.
Cheers to all the great moms out there.

Veron, how many months pregnant are u now?

I'm not working as well, just take it as a time to relax yourself and take care of your body. You can return to workforce in future after baby's born.

Hi Jazzmilo, I just drop you an email.

Thanks all for the encouragement, I guess I am being emotional during this period. Keep feeling I am a burden to the family
sad.gif

Veron, nope not pregnant, I've spent my time doing things that I've don't really have time to do in the past like, cooking, baking, reading, exercise, time with my family, hb, gal, friends and cherishing every moment.

When we work, we resent working but if not, we are guilty of being idle.

Actually it's not, njoy n cherish every moment in life.
happy.gif
When i was pregnant with my gal, I did not work too n njoy my pregnancy days.

Hi Veron,

I ever applied for temp jobs when I was preggy, was rejected once the companies knew my condition. I ever asked the agency the reason why, it was just a temp job for few mths and I was far from my EDD, the agency told me that the company won't want to take the risk!! What risk?? If we can't report to work, they don't lose out anything cos they don't have to pay us, right? And a temp position can be easily filled. In the end, i gave up looking for job and enjoy the free time instead, watching VCD, reading and sleeping.

Try to relax and rest as much as possible cos u might not have a chance once yr bb is born. Don't stress yrself too much on finding a job. Take care
happy.gif

Rainie,

This is exactly what happen to me! I simply dont understand the logic why all these companies are rejecting our application and moreover we are not asking for the maternity leave!! Really angry

Hi Veron,

same here, angry and upset. why can't the government do something, keep asking us to have babies, but those companies are so discriminating against pregnant women, sigh......

I was accepted for a managerial post and I tested positive just 2 days before I was due to sign the contract.

Being the honest person that I am (haha) I decided I didnt want to start off in a new company on the wrong foot so I called up the HR the day before I went to sign the appointment letter.

HR called me back after 2 hrs and first thanked me for being so upfront about it and they have decided to withdraw their offer. Oh well.... things happen... and it is HUGE company, which I am sure can afford to pay maternity benefits... :p

I am wondering how come there is no club or support for us pregnant women?! 3sica, I can understand how upsetting this can be. A lot of companies will not be so willing to pay for us.

Hi veron,
Hormones plays a huge part on ur emotions when preg. Dun be too hard on urself when u feeling down. Its just the hormones ok.

Evbody expect us to work, saying tat we must work hard while still young,save for retirement blah blah..tatz y when we stop work, we feel bad/useless.. I oso faced the same pressure when i stop work. EVERYBODY ask me y still young dun wanna work? So wasted to stay home look after kids. I was so pissed by their reaction.

Between rat race and my family..i chose my family. Being sahm is different world. Working gv us an identity. So without this work, we dun noe who we are anymre. Tatz y many fear staying home full time.

Hi sungrapes,
Thanks for the encouragement... I am feeling better nw. I guess I am not alone with all these..
So you are full time SAHM now?

Hi veron,
Gd to hear u r coping well.

Im sahm since early 2011 due to 2nd pregnancy. My elder is gg p1 next yr. Instead of relaxing, i find myself mre busy cos i gotta brush up my rusty brains in preparation to coach him in his studies. I alrdy lost touch with academics. So now hv to self study.
Meanwhile,im cherishing evry moment with my bb turning 1yo soon. Times flies so fast, itz unbelievable! It seems like ytd i was doing my confinement, now bb gg 2b toddler soon!

When i was working, alwys feel guilty abt not hvg time with my boy. Now i do evthg i wan with him and the bonding is fantastic. Also, seeing my kids playing together, laughing, sharing, learning...it is priceless.

So just focus on the positive side. The future is really too far away for us to predict. We can plan all we wan, but who noes hw it will turn out for us?

I rem the 'banana money' . Itz the currency old s'pore used to use during the jap occupation. When the jap left after the war, overnite the money becm useless! So all those rich ppl hoarding these money becm poor overnite too!

God bless. Enjoy ur bb!

Hi mummies, i have a 4 yrs old boy and both myself and hubby are working. Money has never been enough especially my parents are staying with us, and also my son is going thru autism program which we foresee our expenses will definitely increase.

Lately we found and joined a online travel network company call Worldventures.
As member, we get to earn commission if we refer friends or relatives to purchase their travel package. And if we booked air tickets or hotel thru them, and find somewhere offering lower, Worldventure will match the price and refund 150% of the difference to us.
Not only do we earn commission, if we travel and book from them, this Pricepledge apply to us also.

Yes, there's a need to pay membership every month, but this membership can be waive once we refer 4 people.

This business just started not long and Singapore is the beginning. Its spreading very fast to neighbour countries. Imagine the growing potential.. it's big..

There are afew celebrities already in our team.

I am here to share, if you are interested, do contact me..

Best wishes..

Hi, we have a upcoming mooncake production project.
Currently we are hiring 20 packers and 70 Promoters. This is a 1 month contract from 01/09/2012 to 01/10/2012 only. Will be paid straight after assisgnment ends. Please do call or sms us for more details.

Ee Hwee
9839 5954

Hi , i was 8 months in new job when co decided to cut the manpower. i cant complain much cos i got compensated. But i feel lost at the unexpected decision esp at this time of the year. And It's so hard to tell family members I am jobless. ( I told them anyway)

I tried to be positive, have been active in my job search and went for interviews. Some employers asked if I keen on contract basis instead( general asking with no details discussed). Guess i dun have the bargining power and I take it as they need someone in quick yet i am not the best person. i told them I am open. But saying that I cant help but feel sorry for myself.

An interview for a 6 months contract job coming up next week. is my decision rite? i would very much want to "cut" the loss of income to the minimal however it also means I need to jobsearch again after the contract ends. The fear is there.

i wonder how long will this "finding a job" takes. It's so uncertain now and I find hard to keep the faith sometimes. Mood swings esp daytime cos "hubby/friends are busy working and i am free". I find myself being a nuisance by telling them the small little things that happens to me.

Sorry for the long post.I hope everything will be fine for me ( i want to be my usual self) and whoever ( of cos touch wood) who encounter similar situation.

Hi Rain tan (rainytann),

Look on the bright side of things. Though employment oppouortunities are limited coz of your situation, you can look forward to meeting up your friends, preparing for the arrival of your newborn, chatting on the net or forum and even spending precious moments with your newborn. Managing your family especially baby after birth shall take up bulk of your time especially in the first half of the year.

When you opt for breastfeeding, it is a tiresome job of expresing milk every 2-3 hours. Though tiring, but can sure do a lot for your baby and family budget.

Remember when one door closes, another opens. Being positive shall attract more luck for you especially tmr is the beginning of a new year.

I went into part time when my boy was born coz I was always worried and missed my boy. The income was greatly affected but i have no regrets. I do get bored so I pick up a business whom i constantly seek advice from my hubby. He likes me seeking advice from him coz he feels empowered to help me since I'm away from the workforce for so long. Relationship between us strengthens instead of drifts apart.

Just talk about your problems, share it out. You will feel better.

Anyway I have a blog to record the milestones of my son. This shall be my gift to him when he grows up. I also share parenting and teaching ideas in this blog. Just started not long ago.

http://keepyourchildinterested.blogspot.sg/

You can take this opportunity to jot down the remarkable or even insignificant ones by writing blogs. You can read your own history when time passes.

Happy new year everyone!

I can understand the anxiety of jobless. And especially when anticipating a new arrival in the family, we all love to have some extra savings to prepare for our new love.

I'm so upset to read about your stories.
Unfortunately, we are facing such discrimination in employment. There is really much needed to be done by the government in promoting family friendly society.

Hi mummies,

If you want to do a part time sales job, pls email me. its not MLM.

I got my own IT stuff to sell. Will reply yr email with more details if you are keen :>

I resigned from a crappy job. Soon after my last day, I realised that I'm pregnant. We have been trying for a while for #2 and nothing came when I was employed. Hubby admits that finances will be tight esp with #2 coming. As it's still early part of pregnancy, I'm still hopeful that I can at least secure a contract job to earn some income b4 I pop.

Back