NA

Dear qdoramon,

I am sorry to hear about this from you. Just to know abit more. It seems like you and your husband is willing to go IVF the 2nd time despite his beatings since first marriage? Is there a reason the two of you agreed to do so? Finally, is there anyone who can take good care of your kids if you divorce (this is assuming that you will be working to support yourself and you have any working experience)?

He is clearly emotionally blackmailing you knowing that you are completely dependent on him and even if he threatens you you cannot and will not move out. Please do something for yourself and your kids, do not let this physical abuse continue. What right does he have to lay his hand on you? If he can attempt to strangle you, far worse things will continue...do spare a thought for your children and leave the man.

Social support is available, a job can be found if you are willing to work. Good luck!

U can see a doctor, lodge a police report and applied for ppo against him.

In the event of divorce, the care and control of the kids will goes to u and u can file for maintainence against him too.

In the event that he strike u again, he will go to jail. Like that u can have the flat, the kids without the pest bothering u.

hi @qdoramon , please seek every1 else's advice here and leave him. There should be no excuse for domestic violence whether you both were stressed or not. Do not seek suicide as a way to escape.
He needs to go counseling. Infertility emasculate him causing him to seek out violence on you.

Hope someone can advise me.

I married my husband 7 yrs ago. Dated 9 yrs. Total 16 yrs.

He started beating me 3 yrs back after 1st kid. We both were very stressed. I had depression. Believe he had too. I landed in hospital because ear drum damaged. Took months to recover, now hearing abit affected. I told the doc i fell down.

Now with 2nd kid, 3 months. Got beaten badly again. Frequency increased to once every few days. He ignored anything i said. Whenever I had to repeat and he got irritated, he would throw things, damage stuff and beat me. Today he tried to strangle me but let go eventually.

I want to divorce but because of kids and property problem, he refused. He asked me to move out or go to hell. I am not independent enough to leave the family to move out. I tried to jump down from top floor several times but no guts to do so. He knew it and looked down on me and beat me whenever he likes.

My whole body have bruises. New bruises suffice before old bruises are healed. He is careful not to hit my ear again, slapped me close to my nose today, very painful when i blow my nose after crying, maybe broken.

What should i do? I know dying will solve problem, i just have no guts to do it. I bear 2 kids for him, both ivf, cos he is infertile. I got nothing from his family during marrage, because they were too cat. No banquet, no wedding photo. 16 yrs with him hardly travel except Malaysia.

Very depressed.

Hi qdoramon,

Firstly and most importantly, please take pictures of your bruises and save it safely.

Next, please get some help.
http://www.aware.org.sg/
1800 774 5935

Lastly I have send you a private msg, in case you need someone to be there.

Take Care.

Do you still see a future with him? Have you thought about having a simple job, at least you are financially more independent in case you need to get out and be on your own financially.. personally if I were you I would leave him but seek help first regarding the beatings. It's quite scary cos one day the beatings may end up in something unforeseen and having the children witness the violence is also very bad for them psychologically. You just be a pretty strong woman to be able to tolerate this. My heart goes out to you. If the suicidal thoughts come back again pls seek help fast.
My mother was beaten up by my father before when we were young. We know he still loves her but once he gets angry, he couldn't control and it was scary for us as children as we thought one day he just might kill her. Until today the scar stays in my head. But fortunately for him he slowly changed and my mom forgave him. It took lots of courage though. If it were me I would have left. Think my mom was from the older generation so she tolerated for years and he finally mellowed down and changed. They are still together. He couldn't control his aggression when he was angry. But in the past, that generation can't even have time to put food on table let alone go for anger mgt courses which was unheard of. As kids, we treasure our mom who went thru the rough years for us kids. I always thought maybe she would have been happier if she had left him. But she didn't, I can't tell if she regret or not but it did make her a bitter person and she could have had a better marriage.
My thoughts is that you should get your independence financially and if you think this marriage cannot be saved, pls leave for your own safety. Take photos of all your bruises for evidence, you may need it for divorce etc.

Hi qdoramon,

There are places where u can seek refuge. Pls consider.

I was once in an abusive relationship too. He was physically n mentally abusive. If he so much as see me talking 2 his frens, I would b receiving a beating fr him 4 flirting wif his fren. I was pregnant n tot he might changed, however, it got worst cos he started drinking n stopped working. I couldnt take it anymore, so i just packed n left. I couldnt go back 2 my parents cos they disapprove of d relationship in d 1st. So I went 2 a women's shelter. They helped me find another job n also get me back on my feet again.

So, dont despair, there r places u can go where help is available. N if he ever touched u again, do report d police. These reports would b your evidence if u decide 2 divorce him. Pls take care of yourself, think of your children.

If he can beat you once, he will for the 2nd time and the 3rd..and so on..
It just like infidelity...
Looking at the way he treated you, there is no worth for you to end your precious life for this kind of person.
If you think of the kids, then you should treasure yourself. Be brave, we are all behind you.

Blessings

Death will not solve anything, my dear.
You are too precious to kill yourself over someone who doesn't know how to value you.
Plus your children need you. Would you leave them with such an irresponsible father?
You mentioned you did IVF. It wasn't easy to get them.
If you want to get out of this marriage, then do it. Live a happy life with your children.
It may not be easy but keep yourself strong. You can do it!

Go make a police report and get a PPO.

Hi,
PAVE at Ang Mo Kio helps deal with family violence and relationship violence. Step 1: Make police report, collect & compile evidence. Step 2: walk-in at PAVE to ask for an appointment. (from friends' experiences, there's much delays trying to call over the phone) Pm me if need further info.

Qdoramon, I'm so sorry to learn of your plight. I feel, u haven't got a choice, for your safety, pl exit this abusive marriage. Depression is not an excuse to abuse u like tt. Do u hv yr own family support? Can PM me if u wish to talk.

You may like to first seek out the Family Service Centre's help if you are unsure what next to do. Most estates should have a Family Service Centre or similar counselling centres. First and foremost is to seek protection for yourself and your children. Someone here replied that the infertility issue could have emasculate him and I concur with the suggestion. In addition, with the conscious awareness that you are ready to leave him emotionally and physically, it does not help to alleviate his insecurity. I am not sure about his financial situations, but from your brief description, it doesn't sound good either. Do consider approaching a mediator and seek counselling before seeking an exit.

Hi qdoramon, how's things? hope you have reported police and applied ppo already.
And frankly, I think you should take your kids and move out asap. It's kind of dangerous to stay with him

Hi qdoramon,

dying will not solve any issues. You may want to call those hotline like pave or MSF. I am sure there are ways.. hope you are feeling better now.

@qdoramon , do not let your husband use you as a vetting anger machine. If he can hurt you now, he can also hurt your kids.
Get help! no women in this world deserve this kind of treatment.

Hi @qdoramon...as u can see, everyone 100% advise u to leave this wife beater, I know u are afraid n it's uncharted waters ahead n bills n kids to shoulder responsibility plus the stigma... Take one step at a time n be rest assure pave n aware hv programs for housing, supplement fees for ur kids n even daily allowance though best alternative is support from your parents. So be strong for your kids n yourself, no man should ever lay a finger on a Woman... Hang in there

there is shelter outside for your case.

this is 1 example:

http://www.scwo.org.sg/index.php/star-shelter

if u r worry about no place to stay or no one to support u, u can stay at these places first until u r able to support yourself.

the people there will help u on whatever your worry is.

i think only your husband is working. if u dont mind, find a day to leave and go to a shelter when he is not at home. call first before u decide to pack.

Sad.. I never want to see or advise couple to divorce. But I cannot tolerate man repeatedly laying hands on his Wife. Please leave him for good. You won't want your kids to be like him and being hurt one day. Don't ever give him a chance to beat you again!
May god protect and save you!

Qdroramon...why u tolerating his beatings n encourage by staying on? To your kids who saw, they will think its ok for dad to beat mum n u encouraged a vicious cycle all over...pls go to the police n make a report n with that go to family court to get a EPO n if he breach, u can turn it to restrainding order. No man should be allowed to hit a woman n get away with it.

Its up to up..pick up yr courage n stand n go to the police, court can arrange with Swco on temp shelter for u n yr kids...go ..dun hesitate.. Go go now!

Last edited:
Qdoramin, dun despair n dun be afraid. Do u still hv those bruise on your body? Verbal abuses are classified as a Abuse n court treat it equal to physical. If u still hv those bruises, quietly go make a police statement n next contact yr nearest Care Center, which if u use ur hp, go to swco or type care center, they will help u n dun look back, dun go back. Cos u hv a police report, yr case will b top priority.

Or if u r a Christian, go to St Andrew's, yes at City Hall, n they will arrange for u temporary housing free. Go please...its never yr fault ..the Problem is him n his alone...go ran ..please.. Take yr kids n ran..dun look back...pm me if u need help...i'll call my swco fren if u need but its still up to u..you need to take the courage n ran..flee gal .. God bless

Why is he punishing me everyday then suddenly become nice, then angry again?

Notice another new bruise, got it when i was slammed hard on the ground just now. Some fallen hair too. Hope this is all for today.
Your hubby is bullying you! How can he be normal when he constantly hit you whenever something trigger his anger. He needs to be treated and you need to leave him. Please, please don't ever let him lay his hands on you again. Go to the nearest police station to report him and get a personal protection order.

Last edited:
Bump into this post. If you piece up all the reply from mummy it really gives you an answer on what you should do

First pls take photo of your injuries. It will come into use. Don't think silly and end your precious life. Some other people needed one but are not given any choice.

Second find some help. From your post, child care should not be an issues for you. You are also independent working.
Suggest you move out for the time being. If he really love you he will look for you. Otherwise it will mean you both are better separated? You will also not need to suffer his beating.

You need to explain and consider the growing up of your children if he continues going this to you. It will become a black mark to both your children memory. They will grow up in fear hatre etc.

I cant give good advise but base on your info this is the few things that can thought of. That you should temporary do.

If there is good opportunity. Find a good time that he is of good mood and lay down the terms with him.

You baby still needs you. Remember that by jumping it will not solve any problem but merely avoiding them.

Last edited:
Just leave him. Avoid letting your children to have this violent environment to grow up in. They will learn nothing good from it. Very worry for them and you. Don't let the most horrible thing to happen. Get all the help you can get from government or agency. As a mother , you can be stronger than you will think you can be, once you got the courage to step out of this abusive relationship.

Only you can help yourself and your innocent children. Be wise. Don't pin on any hope that your guy will change for the better, which you yourself already know very clearly.

This type of man will not change for better .In fact i think 他越打越过瘾。cause he know no matter how harsh he beat,you will not leave him for the sake of the kids.Report to police n let them put him to jail or alternative 你就跟他拼了。
Let him know 你不是好欺负的。臭男人!

Your useless husband is just a loser, a coward who bullies the weak. You should report him as he dare you to do that, I suppose. I do not think he feels for you anymore or at all. If a man loves and respect a woman, he will never lay a finger on her.

Have some self respect and report him. I don't think he will ever give you a good life, unless you enjoy being beaten. Spare a thought for yourself, your kid and others or animals who might be bullied by this asshole. He shouldn't be alive. Expose him, post up his picture and let us beat the crap out of him.

Seriously, you have to help yourself as no one can help you unless you stand up for yourself. Get help from some shelter, from there, im sure they will guide you through, think positively, do not look back..... You and your kid deserve being loved and taken care of, not by living a misery. Think hard about this, it is time for you to walk out and report him. Let this asshole be OUT OF YOUR LIFE. You deserves better. No one deserves to be treated like this, especially that you have given birth to his child.

Men who beat their Wife is a bastard. He should not even be exist in the atmosphere. Go to the doctor for a thorough check up on the injuries. File a police report against him, let the police put him behind bars.
If you do not stand up for yourself, who will be there to protect your children. Don't wait till the day when he start hitting the children.
Report and shame him!

Please, please leave. My husband was physically abused as a child by his own father. His mother knew about it but didn't do a single thing. She didn't dare to leave because she couldn't support three children on her own. Till today, her children still can't forgive her for it. My husband got out the minute he turned 16. He had nothing, knew no one, but he was more willing to be on the street than to put up with the abuse. The only times he ever went back were to try and stop his father from hitting his sisters. When I met him, he was like a wounded animal, hurt and not daring to trust anyone. He didn't even believe love was possible. It took me two long years of a lot of patience and understanding to finally break down his walls. But honestly, believe me when I say, the trauma and the damage that abuse inflicts on people, is forever. The physical wounds may heal, but the emotional ones - NEVER. So please, please leave. ANY situation that you might find yourself in - struggling to hold a job while putting children in childcare, or even seeking social workers for help - is 100000000000x better than the situation that you're in now. This isn't about you anymore. This is about your children and doing what's best for them. You owe it to them to give them a better life. It might be a harder life, but it will definitely be a BETTER one. You can't see their inner scars, don't think they're not there. Get out while it's not too late. Don't wait, please. This isn't a time to wonder, Oh no what will people think. If your friends and family are even half decent people, they will applaud you for your courage and they will support you any way they can. Stop living in your mind, and get a real life, one that you deserve and that your children deserve. Honestly, no one deserves to deal with what you have to go through. LEAVE NOW PLEASE. Not sure if you've heard of this phrase before, but "We are treated only the way we allow ourselves to be treated." Only you have the power to end this now. You cannot change him, forget about him. You can only change the circumstances. And believe me that you have the POWER to.

Last edited:
@krazimitzi - Sad for your hubby but he did made the right decision to leave but with years of suffering, it was tormenting.

@qdoramon - Do think hard about this. You only have 1 choice which is to leave. Ask yourself if you like what you are going through, do you feel proud of your decision to stay put, how long more can you endure with the abuse? Remember - With faith, nothing is impossible. Give yourself a chance to be loved, leave the man, look for help.....and find a man who truly loves you as who you are. Open up your heart, there are many help available. Put that man to jail.

@Hailey G Thanks for your kind words of encouragement. I'm glad that he met me and that I managed to make a difference in his life. But not so many people are so lucky. Hence really hoping OP can see this.

Since you have already make the decision , this is your choice. Putting your life and your children life in danger, make little or no effort to seek relevant help. There might be a day when your children will question you on why you never protect them or yourself from this abusive man. Think about it. What will your answer be ? How will your children feel when they saw their mother or themselves being abused , living with fear daily ?

Tks to all the kind msgs. I can't leave him or rent flat outside cos our income is just enough for the family. Any additional cost means poverty to the children. So not to mention put him in jail and lose his income. Cos of this reason, he tied me down. Hospitalised 3 yrs back cos ear drum damaged. After that he didn't use too much strength. Minor injuries every now and then but we still had some happy moments in most days. So decided to have 2nd bb. Only successful after 3 times of ivf. When baby turned 2 mths old he started strangling me and i first posted here. Beatings become intense. Countless these few months.

Just last mth i suffered half face and neck swelling until turned total black color, bleding in lips, humps on head. I haven't fully recovered, hump still there, jaw still painful. I knew it will never be over despite he apologised and sweared he won't do it again.

Today he added a new big hump to my head, kicked me multiple times on my chest until i can't take deep breath now, my bones seem cracked. Whole body bruises. Buttock is so painful from all falls to the ground. Did i fight back? Yes, but he hit and kick me harder and much more times. He hit me with plastic chair multiple times until it broke into pieces, then took a sharp pointed piece wanting to cut my face and eyes. I covered up very tightly. Only cut my forehead but many cuts on my legs and shoulder. He accidentally stepped on some broken pieces and his foot bled. He turned even angrier and kicked me another 5-7 times non stop on my chest and stomach. Then lastly he said he will make me blind the next time, it won't be just cutting my face.

I can only type here to cry out. Sorry for my long story. I feel abit better after typing. Hope he just kill me or really blind me next time, no need to work. Its a torture to rub never healing bruises and cover them up for work, then pretend to be a happy mother of 2 cute children in front of others.
Dear, please go to see doctor and made police report to get personal protection order! There are some community services that provide crisis shelter for victims of domestics violence. Please check out http://sacs.org.sg/ Singapore Anglican Community services' family care centre, Good Shepherd centre, star shelter or Casa Raudha women home. They will offer accommodation, help and protection. Please go!!!!! Don't wait any longer. You deserve to be love. Let the law and karma fix that bastard!

Tks to all the kind msgs. I can't leave him or rent flat outside cos our income is just enough for the family. Any additional cost means poverty to the children. So not to mention put him in jail and lose his income. Cos of this reason, he tied me down. Hospitalised 3 yrs back cos ear drum damaged. After that he didn't use too much strength. Minor injuries every now and then but we still had some happy moments in most days. So decided to have 2nd bb. Only successful after 3 times of ivf. When baby turned 2 mths old he started strangling me and i first posted here. Beatings become intense. Countless these few months.

Just last mth i suffered half face and neck swelling until turned total black color, bleding in lips, humps on head. I haven't fully recovered, hump still there, jaw still painful. I knew it will never be over despite he apologised and sweared he won't do it again.

Today he added a new big hump to my head, kicked me multiple times on my chest until i can't take deep breath now, my bones seem cracked. Whole body bruises. Buttock is so painful from all falls to the ground. Did i fight back? Yes, but he hit and kick me harder and much more times. He hit me with plastic chair multiple times until it broke into pieces, then took a sharp pointed piece wanting to cut my face and eyes. I covered up very tightly. Only cut my forehead but many cuts on my legs and shoulder. He accidentally stepped on some broken pieces and his foot bled. He turned even angrier and kicked me another 5-7 times non stop on my chest and stomach. Then lastly he said he will make me blind the next time, it won't be just cutting my face.

I can only type here to cry out. Sorry for my long story. I feel abit better after typing. Hope he just kill me or really blind me next time, no need to work. Its a torture to rub never healing bruises and cover them up for work, then pretend to be a happy mother of 2 cute children in front of others.
It's is with much sadness to see that you have been suffering since your post last August..don't give hope on him any longer, pls give hope to your 2 children and walk away from his clutches. By doing so you are helping him to face his acts. Don't let detrimental things to happen anymore. While I understand you will face uncertainties with your future and financial burden, at least you earn dignity and a safe environment for you and your kids. For the sake of all of them, report him to seek treatment and face the law. I pray that you make the right informed decision this moment. God bless.

Hope someone can advise me.

I married my husband 7 yrs ago. Dated 9 yrs. Total 16 yrs.

He started beating me 3 yrs back after 1st kid. We both were very stressed. I had depression. Believe he had too. I landed in hospital because ear drum damaged. Took months to recover, now hearing abit affected. I told the doc i fell down.

Now with 2nd kid, 3 months. Got beaten badly again. Frequency increased to once every few days. He ignored anything i said. Whenever I had to repeat and he got irritated, he would throw things, damage stuff and beat me. Today he tried to strangle me but let go eventually.

I want to divorce but because of kids and property problem, he refused. He asked me to move out or go to hell. I am not independent enough to leave the family to move out. I tried to jump down from top floor several times but no guts to do so. He knew it and looked down on me and beat me whenever he likes.

My whole body have bruises. New bruises suffice before old bruises are healed. He is careful not to hit my ear again, slapped me close to my nose today, very painful when i blow my nose after crying, maybe broken.

What should i do? I know dying will solve problem, i just have no guts to do it. I bear 2 kids for him, both ivf, cos he is infertile. I got nothing from his family during marrage, because they were too cat. No banquet, no wedding photo. 16 yrs with him hardly travel except Malaysia.

Very depressed.

I assume you are a stay at home mum? If you are means you are not financially independent. I also assume you are still holding on to this marriage because of your kids? If you are , I would suggest you reconsider again. Look , there is this man who is your so call husband by law has been physically abusing you till now. Imagine your kids has been seeing their mum being whack up by their dad? I believe it would defo have a huge impact on them emotionally. What I suggest is for goodness sake leave him!

I'm not sure why you're not leaving? Singapore doesn't seem like a very caring country, but there really are social workers that do want to help. I can recommend Su at Marine Parade Family Centre. She is really one kind soul - even if it's just someone to pour out your troubles to - but also she will help you when it comes to such things. She will get you the protection that you need, the financial assistance that you need.

I don't know if you are a pessimistic person by nature? But your negativity is becoming really detrimental here, not only for you but also your kids. YOUR LIFE CAN BE BETTER. You fail to see this. So you allow yourself to be victimised. Not wanting to kick you while you're down, but you CAN change this - WHY don't you want to change this? Don't you realise that your children in poverty is 100000000000X better than what you're allowing to happen now? You think you're being "strong" to tahan this for your children's sake? Do you know that when they grow up they will only see you as a weak parent who couldn't stand up for herself, had no backbone, and cannot be trusted to protect herself or her family? I don't know why you value money over your children, I just don't get it, especially after all we've tried to help you and encourage you, it feels as if you just want to play victim and happily WANT to be tortured. (Which of course isn't true, but this is what you're projecting to us!)

GET OUT NOW. Stop thinking that the future can get worse - trust me, it can only be better. MUCH BETTER. At some point everyone on this forum is gonna stop replying to you when they realise that all their efforts to help you are falling on deaf ears and that you actually want to do this to yourself. We are telling you that 1) You can do this, and 2) It can become much better, but you really need to listen!!!! And act on it!!!!

Please stop allowing your husband to lay his hands on you. I don't believe that with the constant beating happening around the kids, they can grow up in a healthy environment. It might seem scary if you choose to leave him as you have to shoulder everything alone including being the sole breadwinner but the love for the kids will tied you through this difficult period. You really need to be strong and muster your courage to defend yourself and the kids' future. One don't need a lot of money to survive if you don't lead an extravagant lifestyle. You really need to think through and not let him brainwash you. Jiayou. Feel to PM me if you need someone to talk.

Lastly, DO NOT EVER THINK OF DYING AS YOUR KIDS ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!

@qdoramon
Just like to know if instead of thinking of dying,... Have u tot of leaving him?

Unless u r so convinced dat he wld never lay a finger on your 2 kids n dat is y u wanna "take d ez way out"?

I was in a marriage of an abusive man Like u.... I never knew when I wld end up being beaten D y... I just think he enjoys it but I knew he didn't like me talking 2 anyone which was stupid since I worked as a cashier in a supermarket He doesn't hold a job long n so will always b hanging arnd d supermarket where I worked My colleagues tot he was a loving man who cooked me meals n wait 4 me 2 knock off fr wk They didn't know dat he was actually monitoring who I was talking to

D beatings got worst n of cos I have tot of suicide like u did.... There was this 1 time when d beating was so bad n my screams were so loud dat neighbor called his mom (neighbor was friend of his mom) Neighbor complained dat we were noisy N so his mom called n she wanted 2 speak 2 me She told me dat I shld take d beatings quietly so dat I won't disturbed d neighbors Of cos I told her 2 F off n wat kind of a mother is she 2 encourage physical abuse? N this of cos turned into d worst beatings ever

I had no one 2 turn 2 since my family has disowned me when I insisted on marrying him So I found myself sitting on d window ledge wif my newborn son.... Ready 2 end both our miseries.... As I was sitting there... I started 2 wonder.... If I have d courage 2 die.... Y can't I face him or d situations.... Without any savings but still determined I plotted my way 2 move out of d house wif d help fr a fren

Do you hv any idea wat message are u sending to ur 2 kids? Nt sure if your kids are boy or girl, these are the message u are sending.

Boy : U do not need to respect woman and u can beat the hell out of them if they piss u off.
Girl : Woman are man's punching bag. So if ur hb/bf beat u up, u well deserved it.

Is this what u want ur kids to grow up to be?

Back