My horrible experience with KKH doctor KT tan

hi mummykkh,

u're such a strong woman! if i was in your situation, i would have broken down everyday. hope your situation will be resolved soon. all the best to you.

PS. i also went to check ups and labor at KKH. told my hubby we will not go there anymore for our 2nd child. had an uncomfortable experience during delivery. :(

I had a rectonavaginal fistula after I gave birth on last year August. I even have a storma with me now, to prevent further infection causes to my wound during that time. My anus muscle is fixed and looks fine from the ultrasound but I not yet experience it. Because after the repair surgery, the wound still get infection and causes a fistula again. Now, i just finished a repair surgery of this new fistula one month ago. After the wound completely healing, I will have last surgery to close my storma.

I suggest u can visit NUH or SGH colorectal, they have a machine to check whether there is a fistula; if there is no fistula, maybe you can just wait it healing by itself to resolve the gas issue. I ever read some case that their wound heal itself after one year, depend on the size of wound.

As for the anus muscle issue, it can be check from the ultrasound. I believe Kegel Exercise will be helpful also.

Have you tried to have second advise?

FYI, my anus muscle repair surgery is around 6k after subsidy.

It is really a nightmare to me, no one will want to experience it. But it already happen, we must go through this.. Hope you speedy recover!

Hi mummykkh, my gynae was kt tan for my 2 pregnancies n I found she is very responsible doc. She did only a small cut for my 1st bb who weighed 2.5 kg n din do any cut or very minimal cut for my 2nd bb who is a premature. I believe all docs have some degree of mistake , is only a matter of small or big. I understand you get very emotional especially during the confinement period & the hassles & struggles u gg thru , but I believe KT tan may have over cut to let u have a smoother delivery as your bb weighs 3.45kg? I found that she is more concern on bb safety than mummy"s n of cos not at the expense of risking mummy life. You must stay positive that your bb is healthy & has come to this world safely . Under good hands your wound will heal & u will be able to attend to your bb wholeheartedly . Please take care .

I had a rectonavaginal fistula after I gave birth on last year August. I even have a storma with me now, to prevent further infection causes to my wound during that time. My anus muscle is fixed and looks fine from the ultrasound but I not yet experience it. Because after the repair surgery, the wound still get infection and causes a fistula again. Now, i just finished a repair surgery of this new fistula one month ago. After the wound completely healing, I will have last surgery to close my storma.

I suggest u can visit NUH or SGH colorectal, they have a machine to check whether there is a fistula; if there is no fistula, maybe you can just wait it healing by itself to resolve the gas issue. I ever read some case that their wound heal itself after one year, depend on the size of wound.

As for the anus muscle issue, it can be check from the ultrasound. I believe Kegel Exercise will be helpful also.

It is really a nightmare to me, no one will want to experience it. But it already happen, we must go through this.. Hope you speedy recover!

HI JJBIBI,

For your case is it also caused by your gynae? your gynae is from which hospital?

I always thought my friend's case of overcutting was a very rare case.

But yet seems like it is not that exactly rare.

Hope those affected will recover fully.

She was from KKH.

What about you?

Wow she also KKH ah! Same doctor KT Tan? I'm still 12 weeks preggy. Currently seeing KT Tan. After my friend posted me this forum, I will be considering if theres a need to change my gynae. So trying to take more reference from KT Tan

Wow she also KKH ah! Same doctor KT Tan? I'm still 12 weeks preggy. Currently seeing KT Tan. After my friend posted me this forum, I will be considering if theres a need to change my gynae. So trying to take more reference from KT Tan

Actually I do believe there are complicated cases from private hospitals but were settled privately. So private hospitals we thought might have lesser complaints.

My friend's doctor has left KKH to start pte practice.

Actually I do believe there are complicated cases from private hospitals but were settled privately. So private hospitals we thought might have lesser complaints.

My friend's doctor has left KKH to start pte practice.

Thanks for your info! I also believe there's a lot of case that are all covered well. If no one says out it will be a secret forever.

Thks for ur info. its really scares me...also under her. Indeed she is cold & unfriendly. The way she talking sarcastic.

Thks for sharing info. indeed she is cold &unfriendly..The way she talks also very sarcastic. like rough "cho lor"

Thks for sharing info. indeed she is cold &unfriendly..The way she talks also very sarcastic. like rough "cho lor"

How many times you visited her already? I only seen her once. shes ok leh IMO. maybe i must continue to observe first. haha anyway vi vii how many weeks are you now?

I am writing this blog as I cannot bear with it anymore . I cannot bear with my physical condition and metal stress after delivering at KKH. I need to say it out. To mummies, if you are planning to deliver at KKH, please read my blog. Maybe it can help you in which ever ways.

Last year is the happiest and darkest year of my life. I am 25 this year and my son is 6months. He is my pride and my source of enjoyment . I love him with all my heart.
He was born last year October at Kandang Kerbau Hospital (KKH). My gynae is Doc Kim Teng Tan ( K.T. Tan) . Some mummies say that she is very cold and unfriendly to patients but she is a very experience gynae with so many years of experience . I am not a fussy person, as long as I am being taken care of , I am fine with it.
10 months of consultation with her is good. Not to say very good , it s just that I didt find any problem with her. I dun have many questions , so every consultation is like 5 mins.

On week 39 during my normal check up at kkh with k.T.tan ,I was adviced to be hospitalized as my amniotic fluid is little. As my cervix is only 1.5 cm opened, they need to induce my baby. .yes of course ,must listen to doctor.. The next day morning 6am , they gave me analgesia at my spinal. Cervix opened 10 cn at 3pm, 305, my gynae came to my delivering room . I push as told. 315pm , my baby came to this world.. Yes, just 10 mins. I am not very sure if it is because I am young to spend such a little time in normal delivering. As my husband and I were filled with excitement upon seeing our baby, Kt tan told me that emergency happened as I was losing too much blood . She needed to ask for help . So a male doctor came in and they spent around 1 hour stitching me back . I thought it was normal .
I spent three days at kkh ,I can hardly walk because of the pain . I can feel the stitch using my finger from vaginal all the way to my anus. I thought it was normal.

12/10/2014
I was discharged from hospital

14/10/2014
When I try to pass motion, I found out that middle part of the stitch came out. Immediately I tried to contact Kt tan and informed to go kkh immediately . After examination , she told me that it is only the surface part of stitch came out, totally fine. She proscribed me a stronger oral solution- duphalac.

On the day itself after I went home. After passing motion, to my horror, the stitch from middle part till anus part totally came out . As it is already after her clinic hr, I decided to bear with the fear and go next day .

15/10/2014
I called her in the morning but cannot reach her as her clinic was not opened . I was totally helpless. Then I received a call from o&g department to seek for help. I was terrified. As it is only 4 days after my delivery and I need to visit the hospital for a second time . My confinement is totally ruin. But this is not the worst.
So I went to the o&g department at kkh . An young doctor attended me and she went to look for a senior doctor for help . She is an Indian and I cannot remember her name . I broker down and begged her for help . I begged her to help me contact my gynae and solve my problem as soon as possible . I have baby at home to take care. I need to breastfeed. I am still in my confinement. She called Kt tan and I was given two choices. 1,get admitted to hospital and wait for Kt tan the next day to examine me . 2, the Indian doctor would help me stitch my wound back. She would give me some painkiller and aesthetic to reduced the pain. She told me not to worry, one to two stitches would be done . I wanted so much to go home ,to go home hug my baby and have proper rest. I decided to bear with the pain and go for second option.

She gave me two painkillers on both of my thigh and each side of my labia. Total four injections with needle. Very painful indeed. I was trembling terribly . This pain is nothing as compared to the next. She used a needle to poke my most private ,vulnerable and sensitive part,and ask me if you can feel it? Yes! And she asked, is it painful? I say no cause it is just poking.Then she started. I shouted my lungs out hysterically . I have never ever experienced this kind of extreme pain even during my delivery . Nobody can imagine the pain I went through. Even when I am typing this, I cry . Really every time when I recall this , It is like a knife just stab deep into my heart. After 4/5 stitches at my most private and sensitive part,she asked me if I can bear with it . Come on! Isn't it only 1-2 stitches? And if more stitches needed to be done , I rather continue to tolerate rather than having another painkillers on my thighs and labia. I told her just continue. My mind was filled with my baby 's face , that was how I tolerated the trauma . Even the nurse there was shocked. And , in the end, she gave me 6/7 stitches down there to close my opened wound. I went home straight after .

16/10/2014
I dare not to touch my wound. As I had been taking duphalac, my feces is a bit watery. When I pass motion, I was totally stunt to feel that the feces didt came out from my anus but close to vaginal.i used my finger and touched and realized that my anus is still opened. There is about one cm in front of anus left unstitched . It is just within 20hr after my operation. I didt move much and dare not to . I didt use any strength or what to pass motion . No words can describe my feeling . Disappointed?devastating ?hopeless? I went to o&g kkh immediately .

A young female doctor attended me and examine me . ( this is the third time within one week of my delivery to kkh) she said the stitch looked fine. Excuse me ? My anus muscle is not in contact at all ,and there is obviously one cm open wound from my anus , how can it looks fine ???!!! As I was arguing with her , l lose control of my anus muscle, the feces just flow out ONTO their bed in the consultation room. I pointed at my feces and confronted her , do you think it is fine ? She smiled at me and say yes. I never felt so shameful and humiliated before, I have obvious ill condition , and the doctor standing right in front of me denied their fault. I don't understand .As my mother in law cannot understand English , she asked another male doctor to explain to us. I insisted that there is an opened wound and then she say yes , there is a little wound . Please look carefully at what she said next. " IF YOU WANT, WE CAN GIVE YOU ANOTHER ONE TO TWO STITCHES" upon hearing this , I totally broke down, I cry and cry and cry hysterically . I didt know what to say . Am I a toy with no feeling? It is not like I have a wound on my finger or what , it is my most private , vulnerable and sensitive part where two operations had already being done to . They gave me a feeling that I was being unreasonable and they were still smiling with no sympathy . Furthermore , she started to blame me . She said the the second operation was done good, it is because my own body recovery problem that caused this. I told her that I didt constipated or what to broke any stitches as I am 100% sure that the second operation is not done completely. She said maybe it is because of your diabetic . If I had diabetic during my pregnancy but it was gone two months before my delivery . I was totally fine and my sugar level was normal . They gave me a feeling that they just do not want any responsibility . I am not sure if the doctors are trained to do so but they just denied all the possible mistake that kkh might have caused . They gave me another option , to be hospitalized . My husband paid 800+ to get me hospitalized .This is the 6th day after my delivery . My eyes were swollen and blurred . I was not thinking of confinement at all, I just want to recover .

16/10/2014 evening
KT tan came to my ward to see me and examined me. After so much examination , my wound was getting very painful and it caused an infection . She said that would give me antibiotic and wait for observation . Throughout the night ,I had two bottles of drop antibiotic . I had no more strength to say anything. My confinement is totally ruined .

Hi,

I would like to share my experience with Dr Tan KT.
Initially, I have booked Dr John Tee and he went for leave at the very last minutes. Hence, he assigned Dr Tan to help me with the delivery.

On 28 Dec 2015, i went to the hospital and Dr Tan came in once only. At 29 Dec 2015, she was nowhere to be seen when I am ready for delivery. In the delivery suite, there was only one poor nurse, helping me to push the baby out. After pushing for an hour, Dr Tan came in with 3 nurses to assist on the delivery. All helped to push my baby out immediately AFTER AN HR.

I didnt think so much on the procedure but my sis was shocked that only a nurse is left with me when baby is due for delivery.
And Dr Tan only came by once during my 18 hours in delivery suite.

I did not think so much about it but was blessed that baby was delivered safely.

Now, last month Oct 2017, i booked Dr Tan as i thought she was very experience. I went to emergency due to gastric pain and one of the nurses who knew that I have "ESPECIALLY" booked Dr Tan was shocked and she said very softly that "you should have booked Dr John Tee".

So Nov 2017, I booked Dr John Tee.

All I can recall is that I do not understand why Dr Tan as at 2015 Dec 29, could left the nurse all alone to help me with the delivery that lasted an hour. And I have to thanks GOD!!! that both of us are well and safe.

Hi,

I would like to share my experience with Dr Tan KT.
Initially, I have booked Dr John Tee and he went for leave at the very last minutes. Hence, he assigned Dr Tan to help me with the delivery.

On 28 Dec 2015, i went to the hospital and Dr Tan came in once only. At 29 Dec 2015, she was nowhere to be seen when I am ready for delivery. In the delivery suite, there was only one poor nurse, helping me to push the baby out. After pushing for an hour, Dr Tan came in with 3 nurses to assist on the delivery. All helped to push my baby out immediately AFTER AN HR.

I didnt think so much on the procedure but my sis was shocked that only a nurse is left with me when baby is due for delivery.
And Dr Tan only came by once during my 18 hours in delivery suite.

I did not think so much about it but was blessed that baby was delivered safely.

Now, last month Oct 2017, i booked Dr Tan as i thought she was very experience. I went to emergency due to gastric pain and one of the nurses who knew that I have "ESPECIALLY" booked Dr Tan was shocked and she said very softly that "you should have booked Dr John Tee".

So Nov 2017, I booked Dr John Tee.

All I can recall is that I do not understand why Dr Tan as at 2015 Dec 29, could left the nurse all alone to help me with the delivery that lasted an hour. And I have to thanks GOD!!! that both of us are well and safe.

Hello. Were you under subsidised or private KKH for Dr Tan KT?

Hi there,

I was recently diagnosed with rectovaginal fistula too. Is it possible for me to PM you further about the surgery?

Back