Muslim mummies 2012

Yuni u scroll the above dated 13july i got post the charges.. by the way polyclinic referral will b under subsidised so cheaper n cannot choose gynae.. but for muslim u can request female gynae or medical officer if they have on duty. emergency cases cannot choose male or female for subsidised patient.

Anyone wirh dr jasmine mohd? Im confused dunno whether should go to dr jasmine mohd or dr suzana sulaiman.. Anyone please advise me.. Im now going to 7weeks..

salam to all,

im not a mtb, (im a mother of 2), havent seen a muslim mommy thread here before so decided to join this.
happy.gif

Alhamdulillah to all ur pregnancies! May HE bless you all with smooth deliveries and healthy babies. Amin.
happy.gif

anyone with children aged 3 yrs old?

Salam to all.

I delivered my first baby end Oct 2011 with Dr Hii Hoi Chin at TMC. I hv no qualms abt seeing a male gynae coz as long as Im in gd hands.
happy.gif
My sis recommended him to me coz almost all her colleagues' babies delivered by him. Very gd reviews from them and I can attest to that.

I didnt really pay much attention to how much I paid for his package but I think it was about 1.7k. The clinic was run systematically and the nurses would collate all ur receipts and would hand it all over to you in an envelope at 35wks onwards for the hospital to process on your medical claims after delivery.

As for the TMC (4-bedded but they upgraded me to 2-bedded), I practically paid nothing after the 1.2k deposit. The rest paid through medisave. Funny thing is, they still reimbursed me $18! Ade balance lagi! Lol..

Hello... Just a word of caution to those who is planning to deliver at tmc. The food served at tmc is not halal certified. They do claim buying meat n poultry fr halal supplier n kitchen is separate... But i very was2 now. U can call to double check. I made the same mistake with my first child. So Now 2nd child, i changing hospital.

Hi ladies I'm
Due 27 sept 12 inshallah ! Anyone seeing dr jazlan at raffles? How's the total bill like ?

Just want to say Hi to all the Muslim mummies here. Am due 28th May so not long more to go
happy.gif

There used to be another thread with Malay moms but not sure if it still exists.

Hi mummies,
Im due in May 2012.Anyone can recommend any post-natal massage lady after delivery?i enquired abt babies bellies but im not sure if they are gud or not .any experiences?
Thanks

Hi Ladies, so glad i came over this thread..
my pregnancy was only confirmed last week to be about 5 wks..Alhamdulillah conceived after 1.5 mths marriage..

I am still confuse on what is the first thing to do...how to decide on hosp, the gynae etc..

Fathima u can try 90260085 Mona

Ainadi - You can start choosing which gynae u want. You also will be going few blood test n scanning to double confirmed the bb due date.

If private KKH u need to book appointment.

U prefer MALE or Female gynae? Islam or non islam. I prefer islam female gynae tats why i took Dr Suzanna Sulaiman from KKH.

Ainadi: Congrats! You must have a lot of questions etc. For all my previous pregnancies, I only saw a gynae at around 12 weeks. But if you want to be reassured, then you can go earlier. The fetus may be too small to hear any strong heartbeat though.

As per what CT suggested, if you don't already have an OB/GYN, then you have to start asking if you prefer male or female, muslim or non-muslim etc. Also, you need to figure out if you want to deliver in a semi-public (KKH/NUH/SGH) or private hospital (TMC/MtA). These are all personal preferences. And yes, it will be hard to decide but this forum provides plenty of recommendations from other Mummies who have been in your shoes so that should help.

Postnatal massage: Usually I let my mom take care of it and I've been using the same lady who comes from Batam and she charges $40 per session at my home.

Thx ladies for your replies!!
happy.gif
)

I was initially refered to KKH for scan by my co. doc coz I have cramps at a very early stage..1st chk-up - normal..so going to a follow-up check tomorrow..

Now not sure whether I shud stay at KKH or go to NUH (cz I live in the west)...or go to a pte hosp..

The concern is definately the price. I heard KKH TPS is expensive..but I dont want to go under public which doesn't have a fixed gynae..preferably a female gynae (regardless muslim or not)

Sooo confused... :x

anyway, how much is it for Dr Suzanna Sulaiman?
able to give the estimated breakdown?

Anyone here go to NUH??

1st visit $75 incl the routine urine test,bp and weight check. She also never forced me to go for downsydrom blood test cause i told her i will accept my bb as it is. Only ADC sonographer had arrange for me FMC detail scan(downsyndrom scan $165.00) which doctor suzana did not request for it. It is part of kkh proceduer. So if doctor did not request no obligation to go which i dont know.

Subsequence visit will be less than $60 and she have premier service, during labour once we check in labour ward, the nurse will call her and she will come down to monintor us through out the process. My 1st-3rd babies own private gynae which only come when i am fully dilate to deliver and stitch me. The ones monintor me during labour process will be the midwives and doctor(male or female) on duty.. Huby dont like it at all. so now no4th bb we are lucky we found islam female gynae.

for 4th child above a paid deposit via credit card Ocbc of $2500 during my 8th month pregnancy for gynae n hospitalization stay A1 single bedder.
After delivery one month later $1350 was refund back to me via cheque upon finalization bill...

For 1st-3rd child got subsidised, deposit pay less $2000, will refund if any after final bill.

Baby bill if no jaundice no complication all fully claim by medisave.

KKH allows deposit payment pay by credit card via installement plan so worth lor.

3days 2nite stay package.Normal vagina delivery no epidural no forceps or vacuum...

i am due 23 May, and am with Dr Kenneth Lee at Mt A.
But now i realised my second son might have to go for a touch-up surgery for his cleft lip at KKH at the same time i am due. Now i have to change to KKH. Do you think I can just do a walk-in to KKH, with all the papers, tests etc when i think i m due to give birth?
I can't get Dr Jasmine, nor Dr Suzanna to follow-up for me from now
sad.gif
Got this Dr Khoo instead for 2 Apr appt.. hopefully all will be well. BUt one good thing is that, @ KK, i dun hv to pay a deposit if taking classic package, unlike for Mt A!
happy.gif

Kooyash: Best is to go to KKH earlier so that they have your medical records and history already, in case of any complications etc so that they are more prepared

Salam everyone & congratulations! Its so exciting reading about your pregnancy discovery and journey. Insha'Allah everything goes well for all of you. We're living in Australia which sucks because it's very hard to find a Muslim female gynaecologist and private hospitals are very costly should any complications arise. I'm an Australian PR which entitles me to Medicare but only for public hospitals, can't choose my own gynae. After doing some research I found that hospitals in Singapore are much better in cost, service and technology. My husband really wants a female gynae.Said since we have the option, we HAVE to go with a female unless its a medical emergency. So I suggested we fly to Singapore and stay at my parent's for a month or two before and after the due date. My questions are:

1) Can I request for my very own gynaecologist at early third trimester?
2) When in my pregnancy am I NOT allowed to fly?
3) When can my newborn fly? 2 weeks old?
4) Anybody knows any relatives in Oz who gave birth here?
5) With Medisave allowed to be used in Malaysia, anybody heard of anyone going to KL to give birth?

Thanks in advance!

hi nurul shahirah,

1. i have heard of people changing obgyn at 40 weeks, so yes,you can still chooose one at early 3rd trimester.

2. it varies according to airline policy. you may wish to get a doctor's letter certifying that you are fit for air travel.

3. administratively speaking, your baby can fly once he has a passport.

4. i know a muslim sister who gave birth in melbourne few years ago. she is currently in UK but is still contactable via facebook if you wish to consult.

Nurul: Congrats on your pregnancy. Totally understand the predicament you are in. Will be delivering baby #5 in Germany this May and yes, it is very different than how hospitals are in SG.

1) Can I request for my very own gynaecologist at early third trimester?
Call the hospital of your choice and make an appointment with the specific gynae about 2 weeks before flying back to SG

2) When in my pregnancy am I NOT allowed to fly?
This depends on airline policy but max is 32 weeks for most. Please do get a fit to travel certification from a doctor in Oz.

3) When can my newborn fly? 2 weeks old?
Your baby can fly as early as you want. I would advise waiting till your baby is at least 1 month old.

Wish you all the best!

Salam All,

Super happy to found this thread.
happy.gif
Am hvg my 4th pregnancy now and will like to try out KKH this round. Will be going to poly this week to ask for referral to KKH. I was looking for a female muslim gynae and glad that there is Dr Suzana in KKH. Thanks for sharing the valuable info abt her and I hope more to come.
happy.gif

Thanks for your replies girls. Your suggestions are very helpful. I'll call KKH and enquire. Seems like almost everybody here is going for Dr Suzanna or Dr Jasmine. I can't imagine how busy they must be.Dil Duchess: What's the sister's facebook?

Salam Mummies and MTBs! Congratulations to everyone for embarking on the mummyhood journey! It is nice to be reading the myriad of experiences / stories / advice.

I am a first time mummy, gave birth on 2nd Feb this year @ KKH under Dr Khoo. Great gynae, very positive and unconventional. But for those who have bigger budget, i would recommend Dr EK Tan @ NUH. Fantastic gynae but ex la..so we switched to KK.

Masyallah, what a beautiful experience childbirth was, even though we had an emergency c-sect. My EDD was supposedly 2nd Mar, which means i was 1 mth early due to water bag leaking. Baby was pre-term, weighing at 2.375kg. Now alhamdullillah, dgn kasih syg dan berkat doa, baby is almost 2mths old, weighing @ 4.1kg
happy.gif

On another note, does anyone hv any contact for babysitters /caretakers? My MIL was initially arranged to tk care of my son but due to unforeseen circumstances, she is now unable to do so. I am going back to work soon and we have nt found anyone
sad.gif

We even contacted infant care but the waiting list is ridiculous and i cant afford to wait that long. Haiz.. dilemma..
sad.gif

hi mummies, was wondering if this is still an active thread? was hoping that it is.

btw, for those mummies who have had a baby boy.. can share at what age did u arrange their circumcision? is 3mths too early?

i did request for baby to be circumcised when i delievered but i was informed at that time bb was too small. appreciate if any mummies can share their experience.

hi sofia,
i send my boy for circumcision when he is 3weeks old at clinic dr sidek. but i heard that his clinic has temp closed. dr aziz also can do too.

its easier to jaga, only oral medicine and cream to apply n my boy only stop crying right after the doctor had finish.

hi godflakes
tks for the info. may I knw where is dr aziz located?
and how many days did it take for the wound to heal?

Hi all
It's been so long since i posted here. Counting down to no 3 soon.

Anyway Sofia, i did both of my bois when they are just 16 days old. Mine was done at Dr Tahir in Eunos. $90 for circumcision & re-visit. 4 daysje, d ring has dropped.

Ann,
dr tahir consider dah quite berumur rite? if he's the one, he actually circumcised my hubby! hehe!
anyway tks for the info, we will b sending bb soon, Insyallah.

did ur bb cry out loud when the circumcision was done?

Sofia, dr tahir memang org lama. Mum said he did my circumcision too.

Sekuat2 Ibu yg melahirkan, I cannot bring myself to watch the whole episode. Hubby went in alone instead. D baby cries are similar to his newborn ones, so I tak feel so pain fr him.

Hopefully a smooth delivery fr all of us!

Salaam sisters,glad to see a thread for Muslim mummies here
happy.gif
) i'm expecting my 2nd child and was wondering if anyone has contacts for good postnatal massage lady. seems like jamu urut is pretty commercialized now and prices are very high.thanks in advance!

salam sha
happy.gif
congrats on ur number #2.

u may try mdm faridah, 9484 5462. i took her for 10days, postnatal. i also took her for prenatal when i was 5mths preggie till i delivered.

so when is ur EDD?

Sofia: my EDD is 17 oct 2012 but doing my research early coz I foresee bz times for me once Ramadan comes. Plus my #1 is only 14 mths so I probably won't hv time to do my research on massage ladies. Hee

sha85, u want to try Mdm Ida @ 94361463. If she's not avail u may try Mdm Emma @ 91822373. They both charge $400.00 for post natal package (7 days, 1hr, inclu jamu wrap, free girdle n 1 time baby massage).

Personally, I haven't try their post-natal massage lah. But I've been seeing either of them for pre-natal massages and it has been great experience for me so far. So shiok!

I'm counting down the days to my c-sect which is 30th of this month. This little princess is my #1.

Sel: Our EDD are close then, mine's on 28th and also a little princess. However, the mid-wife said that she expects her to come earlier than that. We will see though. You must be excited considering this is your #1.

Circumcision: My boys had their done by Dr Tahir in Eunos who also did it on my brothers so yes, he has been around for a while. If I'm not wrong, KKH now offers laser circumcision which is a quick procedure. My girls had theirs done at this clinic in Bedok Reservoir, can't remember the name of the doctor but she is female.

Post-natal massage: Unfortunately, I won't be able to enjoy any traditional post-natal massage this time around as I will be delivering overseas. A little scary and daunting but hoping for a smooth delivery especially since we are trying for water birth

Salam sisters,

I hope the thread is stll active. Husband and I are in a predicament at the moment. Just found out from my gynae, Dr Marianne that she's also pregnant and will be due in Aug too. Insyallah i'm due on 10/8/2012 and she mentioned she'll due on 24/08/2012.

Was a bit disappointed at first because we followed her from KKH to TMC. Now, we're not sure whether she'll be able to be there for my delivery as she herself mentioned that she is uncertain on what will happen.

Anyway, she recommended her buddy, Dr Wendy Teo but after much discussion with husband, we thought of going back to KKH. But we're not sure how to go about it.

1. i'm at 27 weeks now hence, is it ok to change to another gynae and do i need to bring along any documents to the new gynae (like previous tests, so on).

2. how do i opt to meet my gynae at the private suite? i heard only a few gynaes are stationed there. Any recommendations?

3. my next check up with dr marianne is on 1 june, but is it ok if i call kkh to book an appt too?

really hope to hear from all your opinion. this is our first child and would want the best for him. =)

thank you sisters.

dr jasmine mohd ...try her.. call kkh book appoinment n when visit her show her all the documents needed.

Zeals, sorry to hear about your situation but can sure understand the disappointment and frustration.

1. It is never too late to change to another gynae. Just make sure you have all the documents and all necessary test results from TMC so that KKH can just follow-up from there.

2. Call The Private Suite directly to arrange for an appointment (Tel: +65 8121 7813). They will ask if you have a prefered gynae or if you prefer one to be assigned to you. If you are looking for female gynae, then Dr June Tan. If you have no preference, then would highly recommend Prof John Tee.

3. I would just go ahead and proceed to book the appointment wt KKH. The sooner you see a gynae there, the better it is.

Hope all goes well!

Sasha, my original EDD is 15/6. Due to my GD, she's coming earlier. Will u be trying water birth at home or at the hospital?

Zeals, it's unfortunate that u have to go through this. Personally, I would prefer to choose my own gynae rather than being handed-over to somebody. All the best dear!

thank you ladies for all your reply.

As advised, i've called kkh to book an appointment and chose Dr Jasmine. Initially, the person mentioned that she is fully booked till june, but after she spoke to the Dr, she agreed to take up my case and i'll be seeing Dr Jasmine this Fri at TPS. Alhamdulilah. =)

now that everything is settled, i can put the matter at ease.

this is my first, so hopefully everything goes on well. the same to all of you ladies!

speaking of which, is it too early to pack the emergency bag? hehe kanchiong lah first time mummy!

Sel: Ah, that's why you are doing an elective C-Sec. At 38 weeks, it is safe to deliver so your baby will be ok
happy.gif
We will be trying for water birth at the hospital. Home birth would be nice but insurance doesn't cover it esp if in case of emergencies!

Zeals: Alhamdullilah everything went well. Don't stress too much over the course of your pregnancy. Just carry on as per normal and enjoy every bit of it.

Regrarding hospital/emergency bag, to be honest, I never had one for my previous pregnancies since most stuff are provided by the hospital except for the going home clothes
happy.gif

Salam Ladies,

Great to know this thread...currently looking a good massage lady to come to my home in jurong..will be due in early sept tis yr, any recommendation, maybe can try during my 3rd trimester..

Back