Mummies with Rheumatoid Arthritis

cheriwiz

Hi All,

I'm here to find a support group from mummies who have RA. I'm a mummy of 3 kids. Was diagnosed when I was about 20 yrs old. And am now 37. My RA went into remission everytime I'm pregnant & breastfeeding. Now that I've stopped breastfeeding, I'm having a bad flare up. Any mummies going through the same thing as me? Would appreciate and love to hear from you. Need all the support and understanding from mummies who have experienced this or experiencing it now.

TIA.

Hi Cheriwiz,
A friend of ours was suffering from Rheumatoid Athiritis (RA) since he was 14 and he is now in his 30s. He had gone through a couple of major operations which doctor claimed to be caused by RA. He was on steroid all these years and the joints on his hand has since deformed. About just 3 weeks ago he met with a Nutritionist who suggested that the RA was highly likely caused by mycoplasma, which was later found to be true in his case.
Mycoplasma, as defined by Wikipedia, is a genus of bacteria that lack a cell wall around their cell membranes. This characteristic makes them naturally resistant to antibiotics that target cell wall synthesis. They can be parasitic or saprotrophic.

This mycoplasma causes serious Rheumatoid Athiritis that has caused him so much suffering which he thought was joint disfunction.

As advised, he went for a lab test for the mycoplasma count. He then went back to the same Nutritionist and he was given a solution.

If keen, please do PM me so that I can refer you to this Nutritionist.

My situation is different from yours. I was diagnosed with RA just 3 years ago. I've been seeing my rheumatologist (Dr Leong Keng Hong) for steroid treatments and so far so good. My diet has changed as well, I've become used to eating more veggies. However, i'd like to know your thoughts on being a mom with RA? I'm already 35 but I haven't closed the door on having kids someday. Does RA complicate pregnancy?

If I may, would like to share what we recently found out through our friend's case above, that there are actually a few natural ingredients that has been found and tested to effectively inhibit the major causes of RA without the use of steroids. As we know that steroids do have many negative side effects and since a natural way has been found, should this natural way be preferred?

My situation is different from yours. I was diagnosed with RA just 3 years ago. I've been seeing my rheumatologist (Dr Leong Keng Hong) for steroid treatments and so far so good. My diet has changed as well, I've become used to eating more veggies. However, i'd like to know your thoughts on being a mom with RA? I'm already 35 but I haven't closed the door on having kids someday. Does RA complicate pregnancy?

Hey there, may I ask how was your experience with Dr Leong Keng Hong? and were there any side effects from steroid injections? TIA!

Back