Mummies who are Pregnant less than 12 weeks and have been terminate by company

fabbie

Dear mummies/MTB i would like to ask if anyone have encounter this case?

I was. and by the law actually my company is RIGHT to terminate me cus i told them im pregnant.I have no choice that i have to tell them as the company getting more busier and need to keep OT-ing. n due to i have been spotting and record for my previous MC they decided to terminate me.

And when i see MOM it stated "If employer terminates the employment of a pregnant employee within six months from the date of estimated delivery or the date of her confinement without sufficient cause, the employer is required to pay the employee maternity benefits she would have otherwise been eligible for. " so meaning do u or not know that actually gov doesnt protect pregnant woman who is less than 3 months? so actually my company is RIGHT to terminate me..

if anyone of u have experience this please share with me here on what to do or have u gals when to see mp about it? so that the PM or whatever will know that we are suffering when they keep encouraging us to produce more babies?

If im a 1st time mummy i wont be stress but im a 2nd time mummy i need to support my #1 in school so the subsidy how? sighz.

Try writing to MOM. They can fight for you. But if possible, see your MP first and ask him to write to them for you.
For my case, I was working for the govt so MOM is not able to help me. Wrote to PM Lee but his subordinate only forward both of ny letters to HR of my previous company. Pretty obvious that HR not going to do anything but talk. So going to MP next week. If nothing done, will consider writing in to media.

Hi Joanna: I wrote to MOM and infact i went down to MOM 2nd time for my case. they say my company HAVE The right to terminate me is BY THE LAW. as GOV doesnt even protect us for those who are less than 3 months pregnant!

and she told me the only thing is to claim my Medical Leaves which is only 2days from KK (which gov covered) and my 3 days annual leave. thats all and the best part is they cant grantee we will get back my money as it depends on my ex boss if they disagree i have to go court with them. and my 5 days of working is 600++ im close to 10 weeks pregnant i talk to my officer i can cry liao. i cant imagine i see my ex boss things will get ugly. and later how? i need to think for my baby too. sighz..

But now i think i will just email my officer to tell them if they can settle for me and get back my 600+ for me without seeing my ex boss if they cant do it. its okai i will just write letter to whoever.

Joanna did u try to msg him in FB? my friend who is a blogger told me to share this case and to highlight to gov that we are suffering here when gov keep asking us to produce more babies when we our own rice bowl cannot even protect. =(

how many months are u le? ya #1? i didnt know that GOV job also will give u problems leh! i still thinking i should go do gov job better lor

I have heard of cases where the mum is 2 weeks from 3 months and MOM still fight for them. I think it depends on the officer handing ur case. better to go MP and ask him to write in on ur behalf. cos normally the officers will only go the extra mile when they receive a letter from MP.

Previously I thought Govt is better also since it is the direction they are moving towards. But private seem better now. I msg PM lee on fb but only reply i got was they forward the case to Publiv service department. I doubt PM lee knows about my case. I really feel Pm Lee should be informed but I have no idea how to let him know. We are not the only victims.

I am 19 weeks now. my no3 actually. No 1 ended in a miscarriage, no2 is 3 years old now. I had bleeding and cramps when I was having no2. This current pregnancy is unplanned actually
Didn't want to have another Cos I was afraid of complications.

im like 1 month away from 3 months lor. and i believe that u say it all depends on the officer who is handing my case. but my officer just tell me that thats no law that my employer is wrong that they can terminate me. sighz.. she already told me that LEAVE emotional aside the Law wont see u love this company or whatever shit its all base on black and white. sighz.

I believe to make it big on the media PM lee will actually really seeing it. just saw the news that MP was encouraging people to create more families. wah hear also damn heart pain. haiz.. my frd who is a blogger asking me if im willingly to share she can help me. are u interested too?

Oh congrats u pass ya 1st trimster le! ya April Mummy? Im May Mummy ^^ im same with u. no.3 actually #1 coming to 4 this yr and #2 miscarriage(which im still in my previous company) and #3 which is now and just terminate from my previous company lor. but so far ya #3 stable le mah? i saw ya post was spotting that time.

I guess is really heng suay whether to meet the right boss anot. sighz. i remember when i have #1 i start my new job not long for 1 week only and the next thing i know im pregnant and they give me all the benefits including my MC claims. My this previous company from woman clinic and hospital leave i had for misccarige all become unpay leave cus its not cover under gov. sighz.

btw so ya kid who is 3yr old studying? like that no subsidy le lor? very siong right?

I think writing in to the media is the best to let all knows abt the problems
happy.gif

This happen to me, very suay.. I worked 4yrs in previous company and job hop for better pay. During 2nd week of new work I found out that I'm pregnant. Told my new employer and they terminate me. Nth I can do, becos I was with them less den 3months.

sad to hear from u evilicious.. =( so what are u going to do now? im thinking why gov doesnt protect a less than 3 month pregnant woman. its quite unfair especially less than 3 month pregnancy is very very IMPT! hope u can cope well soon. =)

I jus realise I am preggy. And I been working in this current company for onli 3 month +-. During this 3 month I ought to take to alot unpaid leave also n nw the balance left 1 day. I dunno hw to voice out to my manager abt my pregnancy. Does the company have e rite to terminate me? I use to join gov sector when I have my #1. They accepted me and had all my benefit and oso maternity leave. But my probition is extended.

Nw is I am afraid to to lose this job, if so does e MOM helps?

Michelle hope ya boss is kind enff to still keep u when ya pregnant. U can read the mom website: if they fire u when ya less than 3 months they won't have to give u the materinty benefits. So depends on them. If they fire u when ya 3 months they have to pay u the 4 months materinty: so u decid whether to say anot.

Mom will say there's no law to this when ya less than 3 months pregnant. Cus the law don't protect woman who is less than 3 months.

Back