May 2018 Mummies

@babyfats You can read up the other threads if they have good recommendation on gynea in the west. I stay in the east so I only know abt those in the east.

As for blood test, think for some of us who are contemplating/have done the hcg test, it's usually because we might have encountered complications during our previous pregnancies so will just like to play safe.

But if you're not feeling extremely unwell, like severe cramps or spotting, then I guess it's okay to just see the gynea thou he/she might only want to see you in your 6-7 weeks.

Anyone knows where to get duphaston? The gynae that I wanted to see in east -Geraldine is out this week. Should I walk in to A&E to ask? Cos I'm traveling next week so wanted to get it in case there's spotting or bleeding.

Btw anyone experience watery discharge? I'm 4 weeks

Anyone knows where to get duphaston? The gynae that I wanted to see in east -Geraldine is out this week. Should I walk in to A&E to ask? Cos I'm traveling next week so wanted to get it in case there's spotting or bleeding.

I went to kkh o&g to ask for it yesterday..Your pregnancy test line gotta be dark enough for the Dr to confirm pregnancy before she can give u..Mine wasn't so I couldn't get any..

I went to kkh o&g to ask for it yesterday..Your pregnancy test line gotta be dark enough for the Dr to confirm pregnancy before she can give u..Mine wasn't so I couldn't get any..

Ah ic how much was the bill? did u ask for blood test, it will be more accurate than urine test

Abt 4weeks and 6days today...Actually I've been testing daily and it hasn't gotten much darker..and it seems fainter today...Guess I gotta prepare for the worst..

I just got my beta hcg results today. 2 days ago was 34 and today only increase to 39. The doc mention it could be I'm very early into pregnancy. But I still feel very uneasy about it

I just got my beta hcg results today. 2 days ago was 34 and today only increase to 39. The doc mention it could be I'm very early into pregnancy. But I still feel very uneasy about it
*hugs* Ya it could be that u r still very early..But have u been drinking enough water? I read somewhere that dehydration may affect hcg readings..

Last edited:
*hugs* Ya it could be that u r still very early..But have u been drinking enough water? I read somewhere that dehydration may affect hcg readings..
Hi everyone,
Congrats to all! I am 5w1d today. Supposed to go Bangkok this Saturday . Not sure whether o should cancel :(

Hi everyone,
Congrats to all! I am 5w1d today. Supposed to go Bangkok this Saturday . Not sure whether o should cancel :(
My TCM advised me to cancel..I had two trips arranged within 2weeks..I wasn't able to cancel so I was advised to sit in a comfortable position in the plane, don't walk around too much and don't eat street food...

duphaston
Doc prescribed me duphaston and said is ok to go for trip . Couldn't get appt for gynae coz most will only see me when I am at week 7-8 . Anyone has recommendation for gynae at TCM, mt Alvernia or Mt E? And will you guys be changing your skincare products to more baby friendly kind?

Doc prescribed me duphaston and said is ok to go for trip . Couldn't get appt for gynae coz most will only see me when I am at week 7-8 . Anyone has recommendation for gynae at TCM, mt Alvernia or Mt E? And will you guys be changing your skincare products to more baby friendly kind?

Did doc ask you to start taking duphaston? I went to kk A&E last night and they only gave me 5 days after I insisted for a long time. Doc say it's not advisable to take and I should see a doc if I don't feel well during the trip. No sympathy at all, how to find a doc and clinic so easily when overseas. I don't know if I should take it or only if there is spotting. Currently no spotting. Worried about the long haul flight of 15 hrs, your short trip should be fine.

I made appt to see dr Geraldine at Thomson in katong also around 7 weeks. They won't see earlier.

I also had a planned trip at the end of this month. My gynae also advised me to try postpone or cancel the trip. Heartache! It was supposed to be my honeymoon. :( and we already spent like 2k+ on the flights and accomodation.

I also had a planned trip at the end of this month. My gynae also advised me to try postpone or cancel the trip. Heartache! It was supposed to be my honeymoon. :( and we already spent like 2k+ on the flights and accomodation.

Possible to postpone the trip to a later date? Can try contacting them, hotels/accommodation are usually more flexible esp if the trip is end of the month

Bye ladies..My period came today...Started the morning with a drop in temperature, cramps and then spotting..Today would have been week 5...All the best to the rest of u..

Did doc ask you to start taking duphaston? I went to kk A&E last night and they only gave me 5 days after I insisted for a long time. Doc say it's not advisable to take and I should see a doc if I don't feel well during the trip. No sympathy at all, how to find a doc and clinic so easily when overseas. I don't know if I should take it or only if there is spotting. Currently no spotting. Worried about the long haul flight of 15 hrs, your short trip should be fine.

I made appt to see dr Geraldine at Thomson in katong also around 7 weeks. They won't see earlier.
Yup the doc gave me duphaston , calcium and folic acid that will last me for 2 weeks . He is a gynae doc at women's clinic . If you need more supply I can give you contact of the doctor. I just walk in so you should be able to do so without appointment. I am still clueless which gynae I should opt for. Too many options.

Bye ladies..My period came today...Started the morning with a drop in temperature, cramps and then spotting..Today would have been week 5...All the best to the rest of u..

Sorry to hear that, keep trying and don't give up. Rest well in the meantime and prepare for the next one. Take care!

My first child was delivered by Dr Wong at Thomson Women's Clinic. I would say he is very good in taking care is me and my first child during the whole pregnancy. Currently I can't decide which gynae to go to until my week 6/7 scan.

Second time mummy here! Planning to switch to Dr Benjamin frm Thomson. Heard good reviews about him
I'm a second time mummy too and with Dr Tham. He's a patient and conscientious Dr with a witty sense of humour. But as he is too popular...can be a bit of waiting at his clinic and might not be able to reach him for last min needy appointment.

Last edited:
I'm a second time mummy too and with Dr Tham. He's a patient and conscientious Dr with a witty sense of humour. But as he is too popular...can be a bit of waiting at his clinic and might not be able to reach him for last min needy appointment.
Yes! He is v popular! I don't mind the waiting time if he is really that good

Just found out I was pregnant yesterday, it was unexpected and I honestly wasn't ready even though we had been married for a year now. My first reaction was me crying because of all the insecurities impending, e.g. financial & my job.

Nonetheless, when I calmed down, I accepted this precious gift given to me because I know there are a lot of women out there who try very hard to conceive and they are not blessed. I ought to be thankful. :)

I should be 5 weeks now and it's my first pregnancy! But I only intend to see gynae on my 6-7 weeks. I also have my holidays plan coming up on my 8th week so it's really nerve-wrecking, and it's a long-haul trip.

All the best to May 2018 mummies!

Yes! He is v popular! I don't mind the waiting time if he is really that good
He is good. And is very strict with mummies on their diet. There is a full list of food that he will give you to tell you how much you can eat and cannot. You will also get a earful if your weight gain skyrocket.

But it's frustrating to get to see him. I am having spotting and cramps during my first pregnancy on many occasions and asked to see him. Her nurse would call and ask me to go kkh instead if it's urgent.

Got

Got mine from dr fong Chuan wee of Gleneagles for my Travelling.

Hope that all travels go well for all of us who travel.

Hi all,

This is number 3 for me and im with Dr Neo. He delivers at mount E Orchard. I would probably describe him as a very paternal figure. My first pregnancy I was with Dr Lawrence Ang and it was not a very good experience and so I changed to Dr Neo for my 2nd pregnancy. Im much more happier with Dr Neo so far and will stick with him.

Travelling wise I think its up to individuals. If you have had pregnancy problems in the past I guess it would be better to not travel? I travel quite often and have 2 trips coming up. One is in a few days and another at the end of the year to London. I most probably will go for both but that's because im quite ok about it. But if you feel cautious then better to be safe than sorry i feel.

Jia you all ladies.. im feeling the nausea

My upcoming trip was Japan in 3 weeks time. Just called the gynae n seen like she dun recommended to go japan may just write me a letter to cancel. Now i dunno what to do as only i can get back my air ticket fare but not the rest of the family members

My upcoming trip was Japan in 3 weeks time. Just called the gynae n seen like she dun recommended to go japan may just write me a letter to cancel. Now i dunno what to do as only i can get back my air ticket fare but not the rest of the family members

I have a Japan trip upcoming too in Dec. I booked it even before I realized I was pregnant. Why does she recommend you to cancel?

I have a Japan trip upcoming too in Dec. I booked it even before I realized I was pregnant. Why does she recommend you to cancel?

I booked it way back in Jan. But when i call up to say i am leaving in 3 weeks time the recept told me gynae dun advise pregnant women to go Japan as she is those believe there are radiation and i am still in very early stage not stable yet. But this gynae wasnt my no.1 & 2 gynae cos my previous one no more doing delivery. Now i going to call my previous gynae to make an appt to see seek 2nd opinion n see what she say before we decide. Haiz

Hello ladies... I am at 6 weeks plus now. Feeling bad nausea and can't sleep well. This is my #2.

My gynae is Dr Ong at mount Elizabeth orchard. He is ver careful and reassuring. That's what i like. I saw previous comments that some other gyane don't even want to see you when spotting etc. I tink that's terrible. Dr Ong don't do that.

I have a decreased appetite since preggy.
I don't feel hungry at all and always bloated..
had my first vomit yesterday evening.
can't sleep well at night too. zzzzz
I'm at 6weeks today.

For me initially before even my period due i already feeling very sick and vomit. However recently I no more such symptoms in which i felt scary. I am at my week 5.

I booked it way back in Jan. But when i call up to say i am leaving in 3 weeks time the recept told me gynae dun advise pregnant women to go Japan as she is those believe there are radiation and i am still in very early stage not stable yet. But this gynae wasnt my no.1 & 2 gynae cos my previous one no more doing delivery. Now i going to call my previous gynae to make an appt to see seek 2nd opinion n see what she say before we decide. Haiz

Found this article http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/fukushima-not-a-worry-for-your-japan-holiday published in May 2017. Hope it gives you some assurance.

Found this article http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/fukushima-not-a-worry-for-your-japan-holiday published in May 2017. Hope it gives you some assurance.

Thanks Starshar, i am seeing my gynae this weekend to get her clearance. Cos my previous gynae no more doing delivery hence i call another one to ask and the reply from reception was a No go. Now after discuss with my hb, we decided to visit my previous gynae to seek opinion. I really hope to go cos i had planned everything and everyone is looking forward to it.

Come to picking gynae is really a headache. Anyone know kkh got any gd gynae?

i booked an appointment with Dr. Khoo Chong Kiat. He was recommended by one of my friend who is working in KKH as a nurse. If you prefer a female gynae, maybe can consider Dr. Tan Kim Teng. Heard from my friends she is good but doctor of few words.

Yup the doc gave me duphaston , calcium and folic acid that will last me for 2 weeks . He is a gynae doc at women's clinic . If you need more supply I can give you contact of the doctor. I just walk in so you should be able to do so without appointment. I am still clueless which gynae I should opt for. Too many options.
Hi, may I kindly ask who your gynae is? Thanks

I am a second time mommy too. My first child is 4 years old.

I have made an appt with Dr Hong Sze Ching from Mount A. Should be sticking to her as her rates are reasonable. :)

Looking forward to meeting my little one at the ultrasound soon! Let me know if there's any groups or whatsapp chat groups!

I am a second time mommy too. My first child is 4 years old.

I have made an appt with Dr Hong Sze Ching from Mount A. Should be sticking to her as her rates are reasonable. :)

Looking forward to meeting my little one at the ultrasound soon! Let me know if there's any groups or whatsapp chat groups!

Possible to share her antenatal package rate?

Possible to share her antenatal package rate?
Hi , in a dilemma for gynae. Heard that Dr Ho Hon Kwok is good esp with his stitching but not really comfortable with guy gynae. And was recommend Dr Wk Tan and supposedly is very experienced but seems like she is fierce and very strict . I am pretty chill so not sure whether I will like her style . The other one is Dr choo wan Ling. Not as experienced as the other two but heard she is patient and friendly. Any reviews for the above anyone?

Back