Maternity pay

k.mummy

Hi foes anyone know after take full payment of maternity pay,still need to work for the company? Or can just resign already?

Hi foes anyone know after take full payment of maternity pay,still need to work for the company? Or can just resign already?

You can make use of the 16 weeks to claim the maternity leave. Company will still paid you for the wages till you fully claim 16 weeks of the leave. As for the reimbursement, your company will need to submit your docs for reimbursement from the government.

you cannot use maternity leave for notice period. this is MOM rules.
you can use annual leave, childcare leave & infant leave for notice period, though subject to your company policy

for me, i told my boss i plan to quit. so after my maternity leave ends, i will come back 1 day to tender, then i wun be back anymore.

you cannot use maternity leave for notice period. this is MOM rules.
you can use annual leave, childcare leave & infant leave for notice period, though subject to your company policy

for me, i told my boss i plan to quit. so after my maternity leave ends, i will come back 1 day to tender, then i wun be back anymore.

Your boss accept this plan? I was thinking to resign.. my 1st trimester was super terrible.. i was super tired and sleepy, i can't even focus on my work... now on my 12 weeks already.. but still feel tired and having backache..

Your boss accept this plan? I was thinking to resign.. my 1st trimester was super terrible.. i was super tired and sleepy, i can't even focus on my work... now on my 12 weeks already.. but still feel tired and having backache..

ya.. when i was TTC, i already told my boss i will quit after my maternity leave.. i always keep him updated with my plans..
for my first trimester, my doc give me 1 month hospitalization leave to rest at home, so is ok.

best is to dun resign because u will forfeit your AWS, bonus and maternity leave which amount to at least half yr pay. for me, it is alot of money since im going to be SAHM soon.

just use your hospitalization leave.. this yr u will have 60days, next yr also will have 60days..i think more than enough for u to use :)

Last edited:
ya.. when i was TTC, i already told my boss i will quit after my maternity leave.. i always keep him updated with my plans..
for my first trimester, my doc give me 1 month hospitalization leave to rest at home, so is ok.

best is to dun resign because u will forfeit your AWS, bonus and maternity leave which amount to at least half yr pay. for me, it is alot of money since im going to be SAHM soon.

just use your hospitalization leave.. this yr u will have 60days, next yr also will have 60days..i think more than enough for u to use :)

Anyway, i just started my new job, so the impact still not so high. Coz my plan was to work half day till my company get someone replace me. I don't think i am able to claim any maternity leave if i not a full timer. And some more i think we can't resign immediately after the maternity leave, right?

Anyway, i just started my new job, so the impact still not so high. Coz my plan was to work half day till my company get someone replace me. I don't think i am able to claim any maternity leave if i not a full timer. And some more i think we can't resign immediately after the maternity leave, right?
yes you can resign immediately after maternity leave. you just cannot use maternity leave to serve notice period.

Your company' boss is good and understanding. Some of the company they will not allow
they cannot disallow as you can tender resignation anytime you want after maternity leave. if they disallow, you can always complain to MOM.
however you cannot tender resignation while having your maternity leave or use your maternity leave for notice period.

they cannot disallow as you can tender resignation anytime you want after maternity leave. if they disallow, you can always complain to MOM.
however you cannot tender resignation while having your maternity leave or use your maternity leave for notice period.

Around when you inform your boss your plan about your leaving after your maternity leave? I am a confirm staff already, working for my company coming to 6mths. Now i am 12 weeks preggy, i not yet inform my boss and manager about my plan.

Around when you inform your boss your plan about your leaving after your maternity leave? I am a confirm staff already, working for my company coming to 6mths. Now i am 12 weeks preggy, i not yet inform my boss and manager about my plan.

in my previous post, i already mention that i have told my boss im quiting once i'm given birth when i'm TTC which is arnd 2yrs ago. this is to ensure my boss dun put me on important duties or make plan for my career advancement.
i inform my whole dept i'm pregnant when i'm arnd 10wks pregnant and remind them i'm quiting next year

in case you scare that your boss will fire you or anything. as long as you have inform your boss that you are pregnant. any events they ask you to leave, they have to pay you maternity leave according to MOM.

What if I did not use up my maternity for my leave?I actually took unpaid leave for 5months + then I continue my 4months maternity leave in one shot then I go back?can I know how will they pay the leave?is it when you go back company theubwill pay you one shot?or when you are on leave they will pay you month by month?

What if I did not use up my maternity for my leave?I actually took unpaid leave for 5months + then I continue my 4months maternity leave in one shot then I go back?can I know how will they pay the leave?is it when you go back company theubwill pay you one shot?or when you are on leave they will pay you month by month?
you can only use your maternity leave one month advance from your EDD &/or over 12 months from your child's birth. maternity leave confirm is pay month by month... just like your salary..

if within a yr from your child's birth you still dun use, i think will be forfeit.

for more info, you can visit http://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/leave/maternity-leave

according to MOM rules, you cannot encash your unused childcare leave because if you don't take. the company cannot claim from government
you can view more on http://www.mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/leave/childcare-leave/taking-childcare-leave

then again, if your boss say can, then can lo...

I remember my company did mention that unused childcare leave if don't use, it will be forfeited and cannot bring forward to next year. Usually if have childcare leave, just apply first then follow by AL. Coz AL still can bring forward or even encash

Hi mummies another problem here.I actually work for this company more than 3months in fact about 3years and I try to resign but was convince to stay.so I decided to take 5montha unpaid leave which means no cpf contribution for that few months and went for 4months straight maternity leave and was back to work on 1oct.so now I call the hotline and they say I still can get my maternity payout even though I had that few months unpaid leave.but I'm concern that cause I told him I want to leave and afraid he will come out pattern.cause no contribution for that few months, hence I have no prove that in still a staff at that company however he have prove that I already not working cause no cpf contribution ma.so what can I do now?

Hi mummies another problem here.I actually work for this company more than 3months in fact about 3years and I try to resign but was convince to stay.so I decided to take 5montha unpaid leave which means no cpf contribution for that few months and went for 4months straight maternity leave and was back to work on 1oct.so now I call the hotline and they say I still can get my maternity payout even though I had that few months unpaid leave.but I'm concern that cause I told him I want to leave and afraid he will come out pattern.cause no contribution for that few months, hence I have no prove that in still a staff at that company however he have prove that I already not working cause no cpf contribution ma.so what can I do now?
not sure whether are you working in MNC..

for maternity leave you have to apply at least 1 week before your maternity leave as per MOM website. hence even you take unpaid leave, you already took maternity leave so there is prove that you are working in the company. furthermore maternity leave is like salary, company pay to you every month like how they pay you for your salary

if you didn't apply maternity leave and just go for maternity leave, then i dont know liao because i don't know anyone who done this before.. worst case just report to MOM and see how they want to give it to you or not. afterall company claims 2 months maternity leave from government

Back