Low progesterone level

chenbet

Hi. I am 6 wks pregnant. My progesterone level is dangerously low and I received the progesterone jab yesterday. One side of my hip is very sore and I'm having wild thoughts about the safety of my fetus :(

It is discouraging to discover too that I have to take this jab twice a week for the entire first trimester.

Anyone who experienced low progesterone level and went through the jabs, and went on to have a successful pregnancy?

Really need some encouragement and comfort here. Thanks.

Hi. I am 6 wks pregnant. My progesterone level is dangerously low and I received the progesterone jab yesterday. One side of my hip is very sore and I'm having wild thoughts about the safety of my fetus :(

It is discouraging to discover too that I have to take this jab twice a week for the entire first trimester.

Anyone who experienced low progesterone level and went through the jabs, and went on to have a successful pregnancy?

Really need some encouragement and comfort here. Thanks.

Hi Chenbet,

I don't hv low progesterone (not that I was tested for it) but as I have had two miscarriages before, one of which was a blighted ovum, my gynae put me on the jabs once a week and I had to take progesterone pills Duphaston twice a day. I m 14 weeks now and will be taking them till week 20 as my gynae strongly believes that they can help prevent premature labor which I have a history of.

I opted to have the injections on my arm because I didn't want to hv pain in my butt and have trouble sitting in the cab home. Yes the injections are really painful n cause my arm to hurt for a couple of days n made my pee and discharge smell bad. I stopped the Jabs at week 12. Good luck!

Back