Low Ovarian Reserve Support Group

Hi @Bell6699,

Can i check what is ur amh and fsh level?
Did u suceed?

I am getting very depressed. My amh drop to 0.3ng/ml and my fsh is 9.6.

I dont think i am ever going to be pregnant and i am only 29 years old.

I have total 11 follicles found during D14 scan, ER only 6 and only 1 is fertilized. D2 after ER, my the only egg did not grow future.

No ET can be done due to no egg left..Due to poor egg quality. My AMH is 8.7, anything i can do to improve my egg quality? it is am not suitable the medication during stimulation (i have 300 Gonal-F at nite and 75 menupur in morning)

Anyone have this experience before. what shall i do next? i have to start everything again on my next cycle..

Hi pandorra, r u at kkh? They called you before u go down for d2 transfer? Or you went down and they told you that the embryo did not grow further? Did they explain because of the egg or sperm?

Hi pandorra, r u at kkh? They called you before u go down for d2 transfer? Or you went down and they told you that the embryo did not grow further? Did they explain because of the egg or sperm?
I with nuh..the embryologist called me to update my egg conditions. In the end the only 1 fertile egg is poor quality and did not growing future in day2 after ER

Hi all, im new here... any advice for me?
I have a very low egg count. I am 32 yrs, doc said my egg count is that of a 40-45 yr old.. She suggested IVF and said the chances for me are still low with IVF or IUI.
Any advice for me?

Hi @Bell6699,

Can i check what is ur amh and fsh level?
Did u suceed?

I am getting very depressed. My amh drop to 0.3ng/ml and my fsh is 9.6.

I dont think i am ever going to be pregnant and i am only 29 years old.

Hello hopehope, sorry for my late reply , thanks for asking, my 3rd cycle didn't succeed . sometimes I also wonder n really felt so scared n lost that I won't be able to get . How BT u ?

have realised that Low AmH with caused infertility and AMH level will not reverse anymore.my amh is 1.2 in 2017. However my doctor still push me to do iui. As resulted i have failed 2 iui and ivf cycle.

For patient like me low AMH with husband sperm poor mobility. Shall doctor advise me to straight to ivf instead iui? I am 36 this year and i started consultation in my 34.

have realised that Low AmH with caused infertility and AMH level will not reverse anymore.my amh is 1.2 in 2017. However my doctor still push me to do iui. As resulted i have failed 2 iui and ivf cycle.

For patient like me low AMH with husband sperm poor mobility. Shall doctor advise me to straight to ivf instead iui? I am 36 this year and i started consultation in my 34.

I think after 35 and having failed iui..can go straight to ivf.

@Yogi.L You are right. I am with Professor Ng at Gleneagles. BB Grade is consider above average. You too have good chance. i am planning to have a week bed rest after my ET although all my DoctorS said it is not necessary. Lets pray hard everything goes well. Good luck to your FET in April too.

@Serendipitygal yeah, i recorded everything down. I took Menopur 225iu from Day 2 and Saizen 12iu from day 5. i think the androgel and DHEA play an important role too to achieve good egg quality. My personal opinion I guess it will be good if you can start androgel and DHEA for 1-2 months before starting your 2nd stim. But better to seek advice from your Dr as i may not know your situation well. I did not prepare myself for the FET. I asked Dr what should i do to get prepared, and he said just eat well rest well. LOL. Since I start my stims, I just try my best to have protein rich food. eg. red bean/green bean soup/red dates & longan/meats. i am not sure how effect these are. Oh ya, and continue multivitamin supplements (with folic acid) prescribed by Dr. Hope my info helps you :)
Hi Wybb,

I know its an old thread. But would like to know if u had success with Dhea ? I heard good reviews abt it tooo for increasing the quality of egg esp if amh is low. Pls can you recommend how to order dhea and what brand I should be looking at ? Your input will be higly appreciated as i just went through a failed ivf cycle last month and plannin to take 3 months gap before we try for the next cycle.

Thank you so much

hello all, can anyone help with how to increase the quality of egg? 2 failed IUI and one failed IVF due to low quantity eggs retrieved.. Done day 2 transfer with the only 2 fertilised egg and it was a failure. any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi, is this group still active?

my amh come back low as well. was not success in ivf 1 yera plus ago
i have been trying to change diet (intake vit B & C, coq10, fish oil, maca) and lifestyle (see tcm, move my butt more) But was not successful as well

i'm still trying.
Any one have tip to share?
Missing period for 3 month even tot has been trying to eat right.
Dont get my menses even when i take birth control pill this month. :(

Hi, is this group still active?

my amh come back low as well. was not success in ivf 1 yera plus ago
i have been trying to change diet (intake vit B & C, coq10, fish oil, maca) and lifestyle (see tcm, move my butt more) But was not successful as well

i'm still trying.
Any one have tip to share?
Missing period for 3 month even tot has been trying to eat right.
Dont get my menses even when i take birth control pill this month. :(

what is your AMH level? are u planing to start next IVF soon?which hospital your are now?

Hi, i am 36 this yr. Been trying to conceive for 11yrs. Went for iui 2 times, ivf 5 fresh and 1 frozen. 1 ivf successed but miscarriaged. I had very low ovarian reserved. Last 4 time alway can only transfered 1 embryo. Is there any advice to increase ovarian reserve and egg quality? Any chance to join groupchat?

Beside taking nutrition food and balance diet, avoid unhealthy food especially processed food and alcohol/smoking. Fertility massage helps too and of course free of stress.

Last edited:
Beside taking nutrition food and balance diet, avoid unhealthy food especially processed food and alcohol/smoking. Fertility massage helps too and of course free of stress.
Many thanks for your replied. Do you have any fertility massage to introduce?

Last edited:
Hi ladies, please read this if you have time http://natural-fertility-info.com/antioxidant-ubiquinol.html

It talks about how Ubiquinol COQ10 can help "reverse" the age of our eggs, improve the quality and such.

You need to take at least 3 months before you TTC or embark on any fertility treatments.

I can't find the Ubiquinol version in Singapore but can order it through iherb.

No harm giving this a try as it's a very safe supplement.
Is it a supplement? My body is a heaty body. Is it ok?

Hello sisters,

I have been diagnosed with low ovarian reserve in Y2016 (i was 29 yrs old then). Earlier this yr, my hub and i decided that we need to take a step further and seek help after trying for 3 yrs, hoping to conceive naturally.

We met Dr Yu (sgh) earlier this yr and managed to convince her to start treatment on me after losing some weight (my BMI is >35). She told me I will be only taking oral medication and not like the usual injections which everyone does. Due to me having just 1 egg from the previous scan, she told me that she might need to do several rounds of retrieval before she can do the transfer.

May i know if any sisters here has the same kind of treatment? Is there anything i can do now to improve my egg quality before my next appointment with her late June? Is there any supplements which i need to take?

Thanks in advance.

Dr nv ask u do ivf? Or take ovulating meds like letrozole or clomid? I also haf low ovarian reserve.. will take letrozole soon.

Dr nv ask u do ivf? Or take ovulating meds like letrozole or clomid? I also haf low ovarian reserve.. will take letrozole soon.
Hello. Done 2 rounds of retrieval, 1 in july and 1 on august. No triggers but just took clomid during the stimm. Managed to retrieve 1 and fertilize 1 in first cycle, second cycle, dr increased clomid dosage, retrieved 2 but only managed to fertilized 1.

Hello. Done 2 rounds of retrieval, 1 in july and 1 on august. No triggers but just took clomid during the stimm. Managed to retrieve 1 and fertilize 1 in first cycle, second cycle, dr increased clomid dosage, retrieved 2 but only managed to fertilized 1.
Same here and with same doc too.

Not yet, doc recommend me to accumulate cos I only have 2 eggs freeze and my lining too thin for transfer. I have done 2 cycle ivf n very low eggs count.
Same lor. I have done 2 cycles with 2 fertilized embryos also. But i request dr to let me do transfer first. So my coming transfer is 2nd oct.

Dear Ladies,

I would like to seek your advice on which option I should take for egg donation.

These are my 4 options:

1) My doctor actually recommended me to look for my relatives as potential donors. I have a younger female cousin whom I am very close to, and I can certainly ask her. However, I am reluctant to do so, because I am afraid that the future child may learn about the secret of his or her conception. You know that sometimes it is difficult to keep secrets among relatives. Family secrets easily spill out after some time.

2) The doctor also told me that the government has recently allowed import of frozen donor eggs from a European egg bank. But upon searching their catalog, there were no Asian donors, only Caucasian ones. I am not comfortable with a Caucasian egg donor, as a Eurasian child will stick out like a sore thumb for a Chinese couple.

3) The nurse at the clinic discreetly hinted that I can secretly use a foreign egg donor agency, to arrange for an egg donor to travel to Singapore. But payment has to be kept absolutely secret because this is actually illegal in Singapore. However, the nurse hinted that the doctor and clinic will 'close one eye' and pretend not to know anything, even if they suspect that I am illegally using a paid egg donor from a foreign agency.

4) Then, there is also the option of going to Malaysia or Thailand for egg donation.

Wondering which route would you recommend? I am still thinking hard and considering all options.

Dear ladies, do give some feedback on egg donation in Malaysia:

Singaporeans head to Malaysia, elsewhere to find IVF egg donors
Singaporeans have travelled as far as the United States and Australia to find an egg donor to help them have a baby, but many have also gone to Malaysia, checks by The Straits Times showed.. Read more at straitstimes.com.
www.straitstimes.com

www.straitstimes.com

Egg donation in Malaysia costs just S$16,300 (RM50,000) all inclusive with IVF procedure !!!

S’poreans head to Malaysia, elsewhere to find egg donors

Singaporeans have travelled as far as the United States and Australia to find an egg donor to help them have a baby, but many have also gone to Malaysia, checks by The Straits Times showed. Ms Christine Gautaman, who runs Heart to ART, a firm in Selangor that matches couples to egg donors, told ST about 20 per cent of her clients are Singaporeans who require an egg donor, a surrogate mother, or both. For example, she has had Singaporean couples where the wives were in their 20s but suffered from premature ovarian failure. In such a case, the ovaries stop functioning normally before the age of 40, and the woman would require donor eggs to conceive. Her other Singaporean clients are often older, some in their 40s. She said Singaporeans prefer to use an anonymous egg donor as they have no ties to the donor and can raise the child as their own.
The cost of in-vitro fertilisation (IVF) using an egg donor is about RM50,000 (S$16,300). She said this covers the fees paid to the egg donor, the treatment to retrieve the donor’s eggs and the IVF procedure for the mother-to-be, which is performed in Malaysia.
Ms Gautaman did not say how much the donors are paid. She added that the egg donors at her agency are generally between the ages of 21 and 32, and many are degree holders. Some are even doctors, lawyers and accountants, she said. “These ladies are very well aware of the gift of life they are giving to their recipients and although they do receive some remuneration for their time and effort, they generally are doing this to help others,” said Ms Gautaman.
From January next year, women aged 45 and older will be allowed to undergo IVF here. Doctors cheered the move but they pointed out that many of these older women would need donor eggs to conceive even if they are allowed to undergo IVF here.
Dr Sadhana Nadarajah, senior consultant of the reproductive medicine department at the KK Women’s
and Children’s Hospital, explained that women in their late 40s and 50s will have to use donor eggs to
get pregnant. For women in that age group, if they are not menopausal, most of their eggs may be genetically abnormal by then, and it will be challenging to conceive using their own eggs, she said.
However, there are some women in their 20s who suffer from premature menopause and will also need
donor eggs to conceive. Doctors say egg donors in Singapore are uncommon due to the tedious procedures involved, the fact that they cannot be paid and that people are just uncomfortable with the idea as the child would be biologically related
to them.
None of the five women The Straits Times approached who used egg donors was willing to be interviewed.

Hi all, I am new member here. I would like to know if anyone has any unused Letrozole, meaning to say do not want to continue consuming it. Do let me know if I can purchase it from you. Thank u!

Dear Ladies,

I would like to seek your advice on which option I should take for egg donation.

These are my 4 options:

1) My doctor actually recommended me to look for my relatives as potential donors. I have a younger female cousin whom I am very close to, and I can certainly ask her. However, I am reluctant to do so, because I am afraid that the future child may learn about the secret of his or her conception. You know that sometimes it is difficult to keep secrets among relatives. Family secrets easily spill out after some time.

2) The doctor also told me that the government has recently allowed import of frozen donor eggs from a European egg bank. But upon searching their catalog, there were no Asian donors, only Caucasian ones. I am not comfortable with a Caucasian egg donor, as a Eurasian child will stick out like a sore thumb for a Chinese couple.

3) The nurse at the clinic discreetly hinted that I can secretly use a foreign egg donor agency, to arrange for an egg donor to travel to Singapore. But payment has to be kept absolutely secret because this is actually illegal in Singapore. However, the nurse hinted that the doctor and clinic will 'close one eye' and pretend not to know anything, even if they suspect that I am illegally using a paid egg donor from a foreign agency.

4) Then, there is also the option of going to Malaysia or Thailand for egg donation.

Wondering which route would you recommend? I am still thinking hard and considering all options.
Hi !

Malaysia is the best choice !:)

Hi i am new in this forum! Can join your in the support group ! So we have strength and support to each other which we facing the same issue . Can add me in. Tks!

Back