KKH

Bibiana Wong

Hi, any recommendations of gynae at KKH? Please kindly let me know... I am very disturbed by where I should change my status to ‘private’ patient so that I could fix to see a gynae.

Hi, any recommendations of gynae at KKH? Please kindly let me know... I am very disturbed by where I should change my status to ‘private’ patient so that I could fix to see a gynae.
hi there, i am choosing Dr. Qi Maili for my wife, but we yet to see her as our 1st appointment is on next Saturday(14/12). I had read thru the forum comment, her review is quite good. Her husband is one of the famous former gyane at KKH too but had left KKH early this year and joined MEN.

Dr Shephali Tagore. She’s the head of maternal fetal medicine and a very good gynae. She was my gynae during my pregnancy.

I see!! Thank you for your reply:) Please let me know how your wife’s experience after seeing Dr Qi. And Congratulations to you!!!
Hi Bibiana, my wife just went for 1st appointment on last Saturday (wk 10). So far she did a scan for my wife, and tell my wife to rest well since my wife morning sickness and nausea is kind of severe. And then she ask the nurse to schedule on the DS test for me on the following wk and the wk after next (while attendding the DS testing appointment, no need to see Dr. Qi). So i shall see her in 2nd(wk 16) & 3rd(wk20) appointment again in Mid Jan & mid Feb next year. By the way, get to know that Dr. Qi was pregnant too and she is at 7months now. So i m wondering wther my wife will still seeing her or not in next Jan & Feb appointment....;)

Hi, can just call in to kkh to make appointment and indicate which gynae we want to fix?
Ya, I Guess so. Coz like my case , I call KKH appointment hotline, the receptionist ask me whther got any preference gynae, then I just mentioned the gynae I m looking and she told me the earliest appointment available date for that gynae.

I jus gave birth, my gynea is Dr John tee.. Very experience guy, man with few words, his stitching is very good and very experience in alot of things. U can consider him..

Just sharing my concern and my experience as a ftm. I was from subsidised to priv in kkh and i took prof john tee as my gynae. As of now, i am at my 37 weeks, he is still not even budging his decision to provide me HL till my EDD which is in 3 weeks time.:mad: 37 weeks we are alr so heavy, easily worn out and he is expecting me to still go to work or if not, use my ML. Then when i asked him when is he intending to provide me HL(out of curiousity cos he said as it gets closer), guess what he said, 1-2 days before i give birth. o_O Just imagine if we were to start labouring at work. It just doesn’t make any sense and what difference does it makes giving me HL 1-2 days before and not giving me at all? Unless if I asked him wayyy earlier then maybe he still can say no cos it is too early but damn sisters, im left w 3 weeks and im left out to dry. Ridiculous.

About using my ML obviously we moms would like to spend more time w our newborn before heading back to work so saving the ML is our best choice right.
I’ve decided to abort my journey having him as my gynae at 37 weeks because he does not have empathy and his patience best interest at heart.

Maybe he is good in other ways of his service cos from what I observe while waiting for my checkups, 8/10 preggy moms waiting is all his patient. Oh btw, Even his consultations is just super rushing every single time. Less than 5mins and you are out of the room. Not even asking how you were (if you have any updates eg mucus plug dislodge etc ) for the past few weeks before the next appt.

Sorry but this is just appalling. I want a gynae that cares about my baby and my well being, safety and make me feel that im in good hands.

I delivered my child at kkh under Prof John Tee and i am very thankful for him. My labour was 17 hours from the time that i admitted and he did his utmost best, i managed to have a normal delivery without emergency C-sec thanks to his patience and his expertise. When he arrived in the delivery suite, i had already been pushing for more than one hour without any progress and on the verge of giving up.

However, he was super patient and encouraging. This gave me the energy to push as my baby was not descending. I feel so thankful that he was willing to wait and used his expertise of forceps to deliver my baby.

For the part on hospitalisation leave, during my week 35 checkup, he already told me that he will issue HL from week 38 which i find it reasonable enough as physically, i was in good condition. Only the usual tiredness and slow walking etc.

As for his consultation, i am already aware that each consultation will only last ard 5 to 10mins. But yet i chose to stick with Prof Tee because i know that he is awesome in gynaecology and he is super duper experienced. During my consultations with Prof Tee, i will still ask him questions and he is able to assure me. If fellow mummies feel uncomfortable with the short consultation period, they should switch gynaes in the first place.

Anyway, cheers and congrats to all mummies- to -be!

Just sharing my concern and my experience as a ftm. I was from subsidised to priv in kkh and i took prof john tee as my gynae. As of now, i am at my 37 weeks, he is still not even budging his decision to provide me HL till my EDD which is in 3 weeks time.:mad: 37 weeks we are alr so heavy, easily worn out and he is expecting me to still go to work or if not, use my ML. Then when i asked him when is he intending to provide me HL(out of curiousity cos he said as it gets closer), guess what he said, 1-2 days before i give birth. o_O Just imagine if we were to start labouring at work. It just doesn’t make any sense and what difference does it makes giving me HL 1-2 days before and not giving me at all? Unless if I asked him wayyy earlier then maybe he still can say no cos it is too early but damn sisters, im left w 3 weeks and im left out to dry. Ridiculous.

About using my ML obviously we moms would like to spend more time w our newborn before heading back to work so saving the ML is our best choice right.
I’ve decided to abort my journey having him as my gynae at 37 weeks because he does not have empathy and his patience best interest at heart.

Maybe he is good in other ways of his service cos from what I observe while waiting for my checkups, 8/10 preggy moms waiting is all his patient. Oh btw, Even his consultations is just super rushing every single time. Less than 5mins and you are out of the room. Not even asking how you were (if you have any updates eg mucus plug dislodge etc ) for the past few weeks before the next appt.

Sorry but this is just appalling. I want a gynae that cares about my baby and my well being, safety and make me feel that im in good hands.
Jus wanna check, which gynea u switch to?

I delivered my child at kkh under Prof John Tee and i am very thankful for him. My labour was 17 hours from the time that i admitted and he did his utmost best, i managed to have a normal delivery without emergency C-sec thanks to his patience and his expertise. When he arrived in the delivery suite, i had already been pushing for more than one hour without any progress and on the verge of giving up.

However, he was super patient and encouraging. This gave me the energy to push as my baby was not descending. I feel so thankful that he was willing to wait and used his expertise of forceps to deliver my baby.

For the part on hospitalisation leave, during my week 35 checkup, he already told me that he will issue HL from week 38 which i find it reasonable enough as physically, i was in good condition. Only the usual tiredness and slow walking etc.

As for his consultation, i am already aware that each consultation will only last ard 5 to 10mins. But yet i chose to stick with Prof Tee because i know that he is awesome in gynaecology and he is super duper experienced. During my consultations with Prof Tee, i will still ask him questions and he is able to assure me. If fellow mummies feel uncomfortable with the short consultation period, they should switch gynaes in the first place.

Anyway, cheers and congrats to all mummies- to -be!
Congrats mummy on your bundle of joy! Good to hear that it worked out for you love. :D

Dr Shephali Tagore. She’s the head of maternal fetal medicine and a very good gynae. She was my gynae during my pregnancy.
Does she do unnecessary blood tests on you that time when she was taking care of you during your pregnancy? As I'm also considering Dr Shephali for taking care of me under private patient

Does she do unnecessary blood tests on you that time when she was taking care of you during your pregnancy? As I'm also considering Dr Shephali for taking care of me under private patient
No she does not. She’s straight forward and does not conduct unnecessary tests.

No she does not. She’s straight forward and does not conduct unnecessary tests.
Thank You!! As I'm having some existing body conditions. That's why I'm more wary of choosing my gynae. Can we request for ultrasound scans every time we visit her? And also did you opt for harmony or panaroma test?

I
Thank You!! As I'm having some existing body conditions. That's why I'm more wary of choosing my gynae. Can we request for ultrasound scans every time we visit her? And also did you opt for harmony or panaroma test?
i did panorama test. And yes can request if u want.

Yes she is pro natural
Have you already delivered your baby? Was she present through out the delivery process? What about her consultation time? And waiting time? As this is my first pregnancy even I am not sure what to expect from a gynae?

Back