KKh private doctor

Actually what is the different of subsidised and private doctor? May I know under what kind of circumstance then will get subsidised in kkh? Thanks mummies!

Yes, i did that to get a subsidy! I strongly recommend Dr Jessie Phoon as well, for a first time pregnancy, she was very assuring towards my husband and I.
Hi Zeena! Yes it's my first baby! I just get the referral letter today. I have to wait for them to reach me first, then only I make an appointment with them and submit the referral letter right?

So you turn to private after getting subsidy? Cuz if choose Dr. Jessie Phoon, it means we are private patient already right? I'm quite nervous, not knowing what to do and trying to find out more information. Cuz, ppl around me only got 1 pregnant before, and they choose Gleneagles. I think Gleneagles is really expensive right.

I see. I just get the referral letter from polyclinic today. I heard a lot of ppl said that there is not much different for private and subsidise. Is that true...?

For scanning, subsidize price will be half compare to private. Gynae consultant fee somewhere 30-50% cheaper too

Hi mummies ,

Other den DR Jessie Phoon , any other doc to recommend ? I’m thinking of dr John tee , any reviews about him ?

And also , roughly the total hospital charges will be how much if under private .

Thanks in advance !

I’m still thinking as all my medical records since I was a kid are all with kkh. Are you seeing her too?
Yes i was, till she moved over. Now im with Dr Seet, i think she hands over to her. So all prev patients under Dr Janice would now follow Dr Seet. Kinda frustrating cause I'm under private and Dr Seet only sits in the subsidised clinic. How many weeks are you at? :)

I see. I just get the referral letter from polyclinic today. I heard a lot of ppl said that there is not much different for private and subsidise. Is that true...?
I just changed from private to subsidise, the rate is really big difference, eg:pvt registration only is $155, subsidise is $41.

Yes i was, till she moved over. Now im with Dr Seet, i think she hands over to her. So all prev patients under Dr Janice would now follow Dr Seet. Kinda frustrating cause I'm under private and Dr Seet only sits in the subsidised clinic. How many weeks are you at? :)

I see! As for me, she transferred me to dr tan shu qi, she’s also pregnant and might not be able to help to deliver my baby for me. So I’m quite troubled. She mentioned that if she go in labour earlier than me then she has to transfer me to someone else AGAIN... I’m 23 weeks tomorrow. How about you? :)

I see! As for me, she transferred me to dr tan shu qi, she’s also pregnant and might not be able to help to deliver my baby for me. So I’m quite troubled. She mentioned that if she go in labour earlier than me then she has to transfer me to someone else AGAIN... I’m 23 weeks tomorrow. How about you? :)

Ahhh you’re so lucky to at least still be in Clinic L oh no but it’s troublesome to keep changing gynae! I’m 30 weeks tomorrow.

For scanning, subsidize price will be half compare to private. Gynae consultant fee somewhere 30-50% cheaper too

Hi Excited Daddy, as im now under subsidized scheme (no preference to see the same gynae all the time) but wish to have a proper doctor to help me during labour and not a midwife, is that possible? Also, am thinking of staying in A ward. Would that be under private rate or subsidized?

Thanks in advance :))

Hi Excited Daddy, as im now under subsidized scheme (no preference to see the same gynae all the time) but wish to have a proper doctor to help me during labour and not a midwife, is that possible? Also, am thinking of staying in A ward. Would that be under private rate or subsidized?

I don’t think subsidized can choose gynae also A ward.

Some ppl will convert to private when near to EDD but risk is the gynea you prefer might no date for you.

A ward is applicable for private gynae not for subsidise. If u want same gynae shld be under private rate.

Hi im currently seeing john tee. May i know if he is pro in giving hl?
I was reading another forum thread about gynae recommendations on this site. The thread dated back to 2016. Quite a number of mums highly recommended Dr Jon Tee. Go look for the posts. Can’t remember the forum title. Sorry.

Back