Jan 2018 Mummies to be

Baby kicks

Hi Mummies. For those 1st pregnancy have you gals feel the baby movements?

For me i feel only slight movement since week 19 and 20. However somedays i cabt feel at all even i placed my hands on my stomach. :(

Anyway also feel On and Off movements only?
Start feeling some light movements at week 19, also on and off. Once i place my hand on tummy, the moving stop.

Waiting for my week 20 scan to see everthing is ok. Counting down to the scan everyday. Haha

Start feeling some light movements at week 19, also on and off. Once i place my hand on tummy, the moving stop.

Waiting for my week 20 scan to see everthing is ok. Counting down to the scan everyday. Haha

:) i went for mine last week. Baby was sleeping and sonographer will use the thing to rub harder to try to wake him up.

But after 30 mins (after she scan whatever she can) then i was asked to go toilet and see if baby wakes up. Indeed 5 min later my baby woke up ...he flipped up. (Initially was facing downwards) :D

What i did was i drank water and have a pee and walk aro for 2 mins i tapped my stomach asking him to wake up.

We went to both babyfair at Suntec and Expo. But ended up buying nothing.
Hehes. There is 1 fair at suntec this wkend right?

I bought the Graco brand playpen (for sleeping) but askes them to deliver after sep. $159.

Attachments

• IMG-20170812-WA0008.jpeg
    IMG-20170812-WA0008.jpeg
    951.1 KB · Views: 311
:) i just try to feel at night amd sometimes you can feel more during midnight. Have u reached week 20?

I think i feel around wk 19 but wk 20 n 21 feel slightly stronger (but not all days)

Currently at 20 weeks. Having detailed scan at next week.

Same here. But I am at week 16 only and this is my bb #2. Started to feel light movements these two days. That night, I felt a hard bump below my belly button when I was touching my tummy. Then it went away after a few sec.

Same here. But I am at week 16 only and this is my bb #2. Started to feel light movements these two days. That night, I felt a hard bump below my belly button when I was touching my tummy. Then it went away after a few sec.

Hehes. Since this is ur 2nd one ...u will feel the movements earlier and also know how it feel. For me first time i dont know whether is baby anot until week 20 i felt stronger ones.

How about ur 1st baby. When is the first movement? Actually many ppl tell me 24 weeks for 1st pregnancy wilk then feel the kicks.

Hehes. There is 1 fair at suntec this wkend right?

I bought the Graco brand playpen (for sleeping) but askes them to deliver after sep. $159.
Cant wait for my scan. Hopefully baby is awake and not shy by showing the parts. Haha.Previous scans are all hidden

This weekend fair at Suntec, still cant decide what to buy there. Maybe will just go ahead with the breast pump first. So far I bought pram and infant car seat only. Might buy the cot from taobao, only then can buy the mattress and bedsheets locally after confirming the size.

2nd pregnancy can feel much earlier. As this is my first, I have been checking for movements since week 13, having to feel it now makes the pregnancy seems more realistic.

Btw mummies, how is your sleep lately? I have been having insomnia as I tried to control not to sleep at my back (I am a back sleeper btw). Sleep at the sides sometimes make me wonder if I happened to pressed on my little ones. So whole night been looking for a comfy position

Cant wait for my scan. Hopefully baby is awake and not shy by showing the parts. Haha.Previous scans are all hidden

This weekend fair at Suntec, still cant decide what to buy there. Maybe will just go ahead with the breast pump first. So far I bought pram and infant car seat only. Might buy the cot from taobao, only then can buy the mattress and bedsheets locally after confirming the size.

I see.i think detailed scan will surely show the parts. If sleepy i think will wake the baby up.
For the mattress and bedsheet i wonder is there standard size. I haven buy the bedsheet yet.

2nd pregnancy can feel much earlier. As this is my first, I have been checking for movements since week 13, having to feel it now makes the pregnancy seems more realistic.

Btw mummies, how is your sleep lately? I have been having insomnia as I tried to control not to sleep at my back (I am a back sleeper btw). Sleep at the sides sometimes make me wonder if I happened to pressed on my little ones. So whole night been looking for a comfy position

I'm having the same problem too. I find myself sleeping on my back most of the time when i wake up, and i will turn to the left. And this repeats for the whole night.
Thinking of getting a maternity pillow to force myself to sleep on the sides.

hello.. mummies..
i am a new member. would like to know if u all have found your confinement lady. i would like to get an advice on it

Hehes. Since this is ur 2nd one ...u will feel the movements earlier and also know how it feel. For me first time i dont know whether is baby anot until week 20 i felt stronger ones.

How about ur 1st baby. When is the first movement? Actually many ppl tell me 24 weeks for 1st pregnancy wilk then feel the kicks.
I didn't notice the bb movement until around week 21 or so for my first one. This time the baby bump also show up earlier. I am equally excited to feel the bb movement for both pregnancy :)

I am not sleeping well lately as well. I worry about the same thing as you. Thinking of getting a maternity pillow. Any mommies here using it? Can recommend?

For those who have not already know, there is another upcoming baby fair at Expo, Baby Market happening on 13-15 Oct. Cheers!

Hihi mummies
I'm an xp nanny staying in the east.
Co looking after infants for 25yrs..
Can call 97327396 pris for more info tks...

I'm having the same problem too. I find myself sleeping on my back most of the time when i wake up, and i will turn to the left. And this repeats for the whole night.
Thinking of getting a maternity pillow to force myself to sleep on the sides.
I'm glad I stumbled upon this post. I didn't know we had to sleep on our sides!

Apparently left side is better. And using pillows will help. -

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/x1047808/is-it-safe-to-sleep-on-my-back-now-that-im-pregnant

Hey. I m 3 jan 2018 too :)
Detailed scan was on 16 August. =D

Hey hello :)

how did your detailed scan go? Was it at NUH or other private clinic? mine is tomorrow. getting a little nervous as I want everything to be ok with the baby.

hello.. mummies..
i am a new member. would like to know if u all have found your confinement lady. i would like to get an advice on it

Hi :)

As my EDD is late Jan, my confinement will end during the CNY period.
My previous CL is not keen to do for CNY period, thus after much consideration, we decided to go to Confinement Agency instead.
Don't have to worry about CLs who might ask for a last minute leave to return home for CNY, pay raise etc.

Hey mummies to be,

do you all still find yourself peeing quite frequently during your 2nd tri? I am facing that today and googling non-stop to find out if it's normal.
Thank you!

Ahhh! : ) mine's on 5/9/17. not too far from yours but I am definitely eager to hear about your experience.

Don't be shy to raise your concerns with Dr. Yang! : )

Hi,

Got done with my detailed scan today...thankfully everything is fit and fine with the baby. It was a morning 9:10am appointment at NUH and was quite crowded for a working day (cant believe so many ppl are having babies :D )

But NUH staff is pretty efficient and we were out by 9:45am done with our scan. It is just like any other scan just a bit longer as they check for hearts, lungs, kidney, brain, nose, lips, limbs etc. Sonographer is quite used to doing these scans so they are pretty fast and just get done checking everything quickly. You wont understand or relate to most of the stuff they are trying to show you as they use a lot of different angles to show you baby parts. But as long as the lady doing the ultrasound kept sounding positive and kept saying "all ok here" every now and then I was satisfied. In the end she said "your baby looks fine in all the areas"so which again reassured us that everything is ok.

On a side note, please wear something which is either black or good at hiding gel stains which I got from the ultrasound gel. Cant say if my sonographer was clumsy in handling me, coverage of clothes etc as she just ruined my clothes to an extent that I felt embarrassed to come out of the room. My trousers and top both were stained badly for every one to look at me and think I just had a splash in water. That gel is sticky and it doesnt dry quickly so choose your clothes wisely and wear loose stuff. I am anyways not cribbing about it as the test results came out fine so I was like rest all can be dealt with later.

After this we went to Mary Yangs clinic and she said "she is happy and she cant complain as the baby is doing well" so another relief for me and hubby.

I am off for my babymoon now so just thought will let you know all the details before I take off :) take care and best wishes for your scan.

Ahhh! : ) mine's on 5/9/17. not too far from yours but I am definitely eager to hear about your experience.

Don't be shy to raise your concerns with Dr. Yang! : )

Hi,

Got done with my detailed scan today...thankfully everything is fit and fine with the baby. It was a morning 9:10am appointment at NUH and was quite crowded for a working day (cant believe so many ppl are having babies :D )

But NUH staff is pretty efficient and we were out by 9:45am done with our scan. It is just like any other scan just a bit longer as they check for hearts, lungs, kidney, brain, nose, lips, limbs etc. Sonographer is quite used to doing these scans so they are pretty fast and just get done checking everything quickly. You wont understand or relate to most of the stuff they are trying to show you as they use a lot of different angles to show you baby parts. But as long as the lady doing the ultrasound kept sounding positive and kept saying "all ok here" every now and then I was satisfied. In the end she said "your baby looks fine in all the areas"so which again reassured us that everything is ok.

On a side note, please wear something which is either black or good at hiding gel stains which I got from the ultrasound gel. Cant say if my sonographer was clumsy in handling me, coverage of clothes etc as she just ruined my clothes to an extent that I felt embarrassed to come out of the room. My trousers and top both were stained badly for every one to look at me and think I just had a splash in water. That gel is sticky and it doesnt dry quickly so choose your clothes wisely and wear loose stuff. I am anyways not cribbing about it as the test results came out fine so I was like rest all can be dealt with later.
Hi SRK24,

How was it? I hope all is well : )

Hello,

What telepathy! :D

Was just wrting to you :)

Hi,

After this we went to Mary Yangs clinic and she said "she is happy and she cant complain as the baby is doing well" so another relief for me and hubby.

I am off for my babymoon now so just thought will let you know all the details before I take off :) take care and best wishes for your scan.

I'm glad everything goes well for you. For my case, I'm referred to another place for a 2nd scan. Very worried now.

I'm glad everything goes well for you. For my case, I'm referred to another place for a 2nd scan. Very worried now.
Dont worry to much. I am scheduled for another type of scan in 3 weeks time. Just got my 20 weeks scan done last week as well.

Think positive, baby will be fine.

Dont worry to much. I am scheduled for another type of scan in 3 weeks time. Just got my 20 weeks scan done last week as well.

Think positive, baby will be fine.

Trying to think positive now and hope the problems will resolve by themselves.
When is ur edd?

Last edited:
Hey hello :)

how did your detailed scan go? Was it at NUH or other private clinic? mine is tomorrow. getting a little nervous as I want everything to be ok with the baby.

Hi. My scan was refer from thomson medical to novena square 2. How was ur scan? The reception called the next day and said baby is fine.

Hey mummies to be,

do you all still find yourself peeing quite frequently during your 2nd tri? I am facing that today and googling non-stop to find out if it's normal.
Thank you!
I pee very often too esp before bed. Every 10 mins. Hah

During ur oscar week 12 blood test , everything was fine?
Have u gone to the 2nd scan u were saying?

Hi! I was also coughing from week 15 - 17 and it affected my sleep so I decided to seek medical treatment from Raffles Medical. I tried the warm water, honey and lemon method but it didn't really worked. In the end, I succumbed and took the medication that Raffles gave me. Dextro sth sth (class C drug) and Bromxhexmine (or sth like that. Class A drug). I still have some phlegm but the cough has improved alot and I am getting sleep.

Point is, if you think that your cough is affecting your sleep, appetite, etc, perhaps you may want to consider taking medication unless you are really sure that you want to ride it out.

: )
thank you seowmama, my cough subsided but it became perpetually there so i cough once in a while every day...i drank honey, and lime water. i have not seen a doctor in the end....i kinda ride it out so far....so concern abt medication affecting the baby...dont even dare take panadol when I get a bad headache.... it is really tough....

thank you seowmama, my cough subsided but it became perpetually there so i cough once in a while every day...i drank honey, and lime water. i have not seen a doctor in the end....i kinda ride it out so far....so concern abt medication affecting the baby...dont even dare take panadol when I get a bad headache.... it is really tough....

It always is, especially for first time mums. We are constantly worrying about this and that about our little one. Tomorrow's finally my turn to have this fetal assessment. Hopefully everything turns out ok for my little one.

Glad to know that your cough has subsided. :)

Hang in there mummies! Another 4 more months plus minus to go.

It always is, especially for first time mums. We are constantly worrying about this and that about our little one. Tomorrow's finally my turn to have this fetal assessment. Hopefully everything turns out ok for my little one.

Glad to know that your cough has subsided. :)

Hang in there mummies! Another 4 more months plus minus to go.
All the best for your fetal assessment! Everything will be fine , yes we mummy need to tell ourselves to be positive all the time!

Dr tho usually arrives at 9am, where the clinic starts operating. I will go at 830 to get a q number.. Then go for breakfast. He's quite popular in the west.

I am 4th weeks preggy and trying to find a gynae. I saw a lot of recommendation about Dr Tho.

What's the rates and package like? For prenatal checkup and delivery. This is my first pregnancy; I'm not sure if it is too early to see a gynae.

During ur oscar week 12 blood test , everything was fine?
Have u gone to the 2nd scan u were saying?

I did not do an oscar, and instead did a fits test. Have no idea what is the difference. I guess everything was alright with the fits test as the Gynae did not call me.

Already went for the 2nd scan. There were some issues and hopefully, they will resolve by themselves. Waiting for the gynae to call me though.

Hello, first time Mummy here. I'm currently 18weeks plus, I'm experiencing headaches very frequent. Sometimes the headache is so bad, I ended up vomiting every food/drink intake. Is it normal in 2nd trim?? Any mummy have the same situation? :(

Hi Sueno,

I hope your second scan goes well...my prayers are with you!

Do let us know how it goes.

best wishes

Hello, first time Mummy here. I'm currently 18weeks plus, I'm experiencing headaches very frequent. Sometimes the headache is so bad, I ended up vomiting every food/drink intake. Is it normal in 2nd trim?? Any mummy have the same situation? :(

even I am having long headaches. I never used to have ones before pregnancy. try putting tiger balm on the fore head and take steam. Steaming for like 10-15 mins reduces it for me.

hope it helps :)

Hi. My scan was refer from thomson medical to novena square 2. How was ur scan? The reception called the next day and said baby is fine.

Hi,

Everything went well for my scan. It was in NUH and was informed there and then only by the sonographer that all is well. Later on met my doc (Mary Yang) and she also said she sees everything is fine and finds no reason to complain. Just that sonographer spoiled all my clothes with gel. Other than that all was well :)

Hey,

How did ur test go? it was yesterday right?

Welcome back! Yes it was yesterday! : )

According to NUH's sonographer and Dr. Yang, Baby is fine.

But Dr. Yang did highlight that he has a short thigh bone and he is measuring average in general. I googled (my bad) and got quite worried.

So I am telling myself now (in an attempt to calm myself down) that both professionals said that he is fine so I shouldn't worry too much. And just gotta eat more nutritious food now so that he can catch up on his growth.

19 more weeks. I can do this. Haha, I really cannot wait to hold my baby in my hands and know that he is safe and sound.

Welcome back! Yes it was yesterday! : )

According to NUH's sonographer and Dr. Yang, Baby is fine.

But Dr. Yang did highlight that he has a short thigh bone and he is measuring average in general. I googled (my bad) and got quite worried.

So I am telling myself now (in an attempt to calm myself down) that both professionals said that he is fine so I shouldn't worry too much. And just gotta eat more nutritious food now so that he can catch up on his growth.

19 more weeks. I can do this. Haha, I really cannot wait to hold my baby in my hands and know that he is safe and sound.

If the doc and sonographer said the baby is ok then I dont think u shld worry. These days theres too much info available for pregnancy and everything else as well, which is not good all the time. I think too much info causes paranoia. Anyways did doc give you any advice on what to do and what not to for this short thigh bone measurement?

Doc keeps telling me that my baby is big and 1 week ahead in growth.... :D but I am 5 feet 7 inches. Hubby is 6 feet. we both come from tall people families so I dont understand why doc is always mentioning that my baby is big.

Just informing you so that you can relax and I think we shld just let our bodies do what they need to....our bodies will always do what is best for us and our babies. :)

If the doc and sonographer said the baby is ok then I dont think u shld worry. These days theres too much info available for pregnancy and everything else as well, which is not good all the time. I think too much info causes paranoia. Anyways did doc give you any advice on what to do and what not to for this short thigh bone measurement?

Doc keeps telling me that my baby is big and 1 week ahead in growth.... :D but I am 5 feet 7 inches. Hubby is 6 feet. we both come from tall people families so I dont understand why doc is always mentioning that my baby is big.

Just informing you so that you can relax and I think we shld just let our bodies do what they need to....our bodies will always do what is best for us and our babies. :)

Haha she didn't. She just laughed and told me to accept that all babies are not perfect and he might have a longer body to compensate for his short thigh.

Oh and plus I am short so baby might end up being short like me.

Meh I shall not dwell on it. I just want him to be healthy and fine. : )

Haha she didn't. She just laughed and told me to accept that all babies are not perfect and he might have a longer body to compensate for his short thigh.

Oh and plus I am short so baby might end up being short like me.

Meh I shall not dwell on it. I just want him to be healthy and fine. : )

yeah dont worry...i guess docs are just trying to be overly cautious by informing everything....genes cant be controlled anyways :)

anyhow you take care and I wish you and your baby all the best :)

yeah dont worry...i guess docs are just trying to be overly cautious by informing everything....genes cant be controlled anyways :)

anyhow you take care and I wish you and your baby all the best :)

Thank you! and all the best to baby and you too. I think my next question soon will be:

"what cot/crib is everyone getting?"

Back