IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

I see... If we are aiming for twins, will it be possible to request him for 3? Hoping 2 out of 3 will survive?

Having just delivered a pair of twins recently conceived via IVF with our handsome doc THH, it's really not an easy journey. It's not just the financial aspects, but the whole preg you worry for 2, and aftercare on who's going to help u take care of 2 is another problem. Even getting a CL or helper, most will turn u away hearing they need to tc of not 1 but 2 babies. And yes, the risk of preterm labour, GD, pre-emclapsia etc....all the complications, you name it, the twins mummy are more likely to get it. Almost my every visit to THH, he will w/o fail emphasize the risk that I will be facing. So we just take 1 step at a time and just stay positive. Very blessed that our babies managed to hold till full term at 37 weeks with no complications in between other than an initial bumpy start at 1st tri with spotting and bleeding. We transferred 2 blastocyst not becos we wanted twins but like what some of the sisters mentioned, we were concerned that none will make it in the end especially we had failed several cycles previously. So don't stress yourself over it also. Whether it's singleton, twins or triplets, ultimately it's a gift from god....you can't force it to happen either. That's how I look at it.

Having just delivered a pair of twins recently conceived via IVF with our handsome doc THH, it's really not an easy journey. It's not just the financial aspects, but the whole preg you worry for 2, and aftercare on who's going to help u take care of 2 is another problem. Even getting a CL or helper, most will turn u away hearing they need to tc of not 1 but 2 babies. And yes, the risk of preterm labour, GD, pre-emclapsia etc....all the complications, you name it, the twins mummy are more likely to get it. Almost my every visit to THH, he will w/o fail emphasize the risk that I will be facing. So we just take 1 step at a time and just stay positive. Very blessed that our babies managed to hold till full term at 37 weeks with no complications in between other than an initial bumpy start at 1st tri with spotting and bleeding. We transferred 2 blastocyst not becos we wanted twins but like what some of the sisters mentioned, we were concerned that none will make it in the end especially we had failed several cycles previously. So don't stress yourself over it also. Whether it's singleton, twins or triplets, ultimately it's a gift from god....you can't force it to happen either. That's how I look at it.
Congrats @milogal88! Sounds like a tough journey. Just curious, how is dr tan's delivery and stitching skills?

Congrats @milogal88! Sounds like a tough journey. Just curious, how is dr tan's delivery and stitching skills?

Thanks babe! Thumbs up for Dr Tan's delivery and stitching skills! Definitely feel more assured with him around. I literally asked my babies to hold on for him to deliver coz when I was around 36 weeks, he went for last min overseas conference and I was soooo worried that my babies will pop out before he's back so I kept telling them to hang on. Mine was a c-sec btw and I showed my bff on Sat and she's amazed by that very thin fine line cut and it's very neatly done. Even my hubby also agree. And I'm off painkillers by the 3rd day when I'm back home.

hello ladies, it has been awhile :)
just started 2nd fresh cycle, today is CD5. Wondering if any cycle buddies this round?

Thanks babe! Thumbs up for Dr Tan's delivery and stitching skills! Definitely feel more assured with him around. I literally asked my babies to hold on for him to deliver coz when I was around 36 weeks, he went for last min overseas conference and I was soooo worried that my babies will pop out before he's back so I kept telling them to hang on. Mine was a c-sec btw and I showed my bff on Sat and she's amazed by that very thin fine line cut and it's very neatly done. Even my hubby also agree. And I'm off painkillers by the 3rd day when I'm back home.

Dr tan stitch is very good. My wound heal pretty good, even a private gynae I went to for yeast infection also commend the stitches n wound heal very pretty. Mine is emergency csect on July 2014 n nw I can't even find my csect wound, my hub say it has heal to the skin colour that's why I can't find it.

Dr tan stitch is very good. My wound heal pretty good, even a private gynae I went to for yeast infection also commend the stitches n wound heal very pretty. Mine is emergency csect on July 2014 n nw I can't even find my csect wound, my hub say it has heal to the skin colour that's why I can't find it.
Wow, sounds like Dr Tan's csec stitching skills are great! Guess his stitching skills for normal delivery should be equally good too. I will likely choose him as my gynae in future too altho i think he's a bit ex since kkh private gynaes dont have packages.

Last edited:
Wow, sounds like Dr Tan's csec stitching skills are great! Guess his stitching skills for normal delivery should be equally good too. I will likely choose him as my gynae too altho i think he's a bit ex since kkh private gynaes dont have packages.

My fren also delivered under him but natural delivery also had no complains abt his stitching. I personally feel that the downside of choosing him as a gyne is that you can't get to see him as and when u wan to esp in times of emergency unlike going to Pte gyne. Other than that we have no complains. The stay at kkh was pretty pleasant too. Haha

Yup he is good...n bAbe u also quite solid ley 3rd day off painkiller. ..

I eat till almost a week...n I still put on binder (almost 2 month after c-sec)

Yup he is good...n bAbe u also quite solid ley 3rd day off painkiller. ..

I eat till almost a week...n I still put on binder (almost 2 month after c-sec)

Hahaha is 3rd day coming from home la but I took the normal panadol, didn't touch the strong dose at all. Duno issit coz I had thrice weekly home brewed chicken essence throughout my preg so I feel that my recovery seems quite fast though I know internally still takes time. The tough part is the 1st week, getting in and out of the bed. Other than that I feel pretty ok. I'm 2nd week pp so still on binder to flatten my tummy more than holding my wound now actually :p

My fren also delivered under him but natural delivery also had no complains abt his stitching. I personally feel that the downside of choosing him as a gyne is that you can't get to see him as and when u wan to esp in times of emergency unlike going to Pte gyne. Other than that we have no complains. The stay at kkh was pretty pleasant too. Haha
Ya he is so busy and only sees patients on selected days.. i must say he is my fav doc so far. Eye candy aside (haha), he is really patient and empathetic with great bedside manners. Much better than my previous 2 female gynaes.

Last edited:
Hahaha is 3rd day coming from home la but I took the normal panadol, didn't touch the strong dose at all. Duno issit coz I had thrice weekly home brewed chicken essence throughout my preg so I feel that my recovery seems quite fast though I know internally still takes time. The tough part is the 1st week, getting in and out of the bed. Other than that I feel pretty ok. I'm 2nd week pp so still on binder to flatten my tummy more than holding my wound now actually :p

Im off the binder once im home n the pain killer i also off it after a few days at home. Did u engage any massage? Hw did u face lying down?

Im off the binder once im home n the pain killer i also off it after a few days at home. Did u engage any massage? Hw did u face lying down?

I'm thinking of engaging one whom just came to massage my boobs on Monday and she told me I can massage whole body despite being 3 weeks pp. She did checked on my wound and say it's fine to go ahead since she won't massage the wound area anyway. But I'm still contemplating as I'm worried later my internal wound will split open or wat! haha...but my CL also says it's fine to go ahead but I'm just paranoid la. Anyway, I've only tried lying on my sides and not face down leh.

I'm thinking of engaging one whom just came to massage my boobs on Monday and she told me I can massage whole body despite being 3 weeks pp. She did checked on my wound and say it's fine to go ahead since she won't massage the wound area anyway. But I'm still contemplating as I'm worried later my internal wound will split open or wat! haha...but my CL also says it's fine to go ahead but I'm just paranoid la. Anyway, I've only tried lying on my sides and not face down leh.
did HH say when will the wound heal completely..? Why don't you wait till you met him for review, then once he gave you the go-ahead then you go for the massage?

hello ladies, it has been awhile :)
just started 2nd fresh cycle, today is CD5. Wondering if any cycle buddies this round?
Hi Mich, I'm on June cycle with dr tan too. Just went for trigger jab, egg retrieval on coming sat morning.

My 1st cycle..very nervous. Hope enough mature eggs and can get enough fertilized and with leftover to freeze.

Was your first cycle with dr tan?

Massage need to face down right i only manage to face down after 2-3 mths later sia im wondering how did other mummies do it sia

Also, anyone did 5 day blastocyst transfer instead of 3 day? Heard success rates are higher..but most pple don't risk it if they have few fertilized embryos as some may not survive till 5 days?

Baby dust to all...keep seeing many pregnant ladies these days n wondering when it will finally b my turn. Been trying for more than 2.5 yrs alrdy.
A friend succeeded with Dr tan in April on her 1st cycle, trying to b optimistic since it's my 1st cycle!

Jia you everyone!

Hi Cen, all the best. My first cycle was in 2014, also with dr Tan. I did both 3 day and 5 day transfers. Dr will advise if wanna try for 5 day.

Hi ladies, can I check with you, when you say your ivf is done with dr tan, does it mean he's the doctor who is with you throughout the whole ivf process?

I'm starting my cycle in July and the IVF briefing was conducted by a Indian lady doctor. We were also told that our preferred doctor will only carry out ER and not ET.

The scans and stims to give, are these carried out or prescribed by He ivf Doctor or dr tan? I always thought cannot choose Doctor for ivf. Only for pre-ivf consultations.

Hi ladies, can I check with you, when you say your ivf is done with dr tan, does it mean he's the doctor who is with you throughout the whole ivf process?

I'm starting my cycle in July and the IVF briefing was conducted by a Indian lady doctor. We were also told that our preferred doctor will only carry out ER and not ET.

The scans and stims to give, are these carried out or prescribed by He ivf Doctor or dr tan? I always thought cannot choose Doctor for ivf. Only for pre-ivf consultations.
Yes, Dr on duty will assess ur scans and stim progress. ER and ET is by dr tan.

Hi ladies. Disappeared for a while midway through my ivf cycle as I developed moderate OHSS and had to be hospitalized. I had 15 eggs retrieved and 10 has been frozen at day 2. Will be going for FET this month. It's been a full roller coaster ride. Knowing I have unicornuate, having OHSS and now FET. Dr Tan has mentioned that he will only put 1 blastocyst in.

Also, anyone did 5 day blastocyst transfer instead of 3 day? Heard success rates are higher..but most pple don't risk it if they have few fertilized embryos as some may not survive till 5 days?

Baby dust to all...keep seeing many pregnant ladies these days n wondering when it will finally b my turn. Been trying for more than 2.5 yrs alrdy.
A friend succeeded with Dr tan in April on her 1st cycle, trying to b optimistic since it's my 1st cycle!

Jia you everyone!

Hi. I did a day 5 blastocyst transfer. Although I only had 4 good grade embryos on day 3, I was advised to go for blastocyst culture. Since Dr Tan was away on my day 3 ET and he had arranged for another doctor to take over, I decided to just take the risk to go for blastocyst so that he could do the ET for me. On day 5, 3 of the embryos survived. I did a single embryo transfer. I am blessed with my baby boy from my 1st cycle. The downside was that I didn't have any frozen embryos cos the other 2 weren't developing well by day 6 to be frozen.

Hi. I did a day 5 blastocyst transfer. Although I only had 4 good grade embryos on day 3, I was advised to go for blastocyst culture. Since Dr Tan was away on my day 3 ET and he had arranged for another doctor to take over, I decided to just take the risk to go for blastocyst so that he could do the ET for me. On day 5, 3 of the embryos survived. I did a single embryo transfer. I am blessed with my baby boy from my 1st cycle. The downside was that I didn't have any frozen embryos cos the other 2 weren't developing well by day 6 to be frozen.[/QU
Hi. I did a day 5 blastocyst transfer. Although I only had 4 good grade embryos on day 3, I was advised to go for blastocyst culture. Since Dr Tan was away on my day 3 ET and he had arranged for another doctor to take over, I decided to just take the risk to go for blastocyst so that he could do the ET for me. On day 5, 3 of the embryos survived. I did a single embryo transfer. I am blessed with my baby boy from my 1st cycle. The downside was that I didn't have any frozen embryos cos the other 2 weren't developing well by day 6 to be frozen.
hi Shinkirou,
I just did my day 3 ET this morning, transferred 2 grade 3 embryos and only 1 left still growing, will only know on thurs if still survive and can freeze. If this cycle doesn't work, will likely need to go fresh cycle and will request for higher dosage as I was on only 150iu gonal f this time and out of 10 eggs retrieved only 5 were mature.

I usually exercise at least twice a week when I'm working, this 2ww is killing me since I'm stuck at home a lot and dunno what to do with my time.

What do u ladies do during 2ww to occupy time or distract yourselves?

I usually exercise at least twice a week when I'm working, this 2ww is killing me since I'm stuck at home a lot and dunno what to do with my time.

Watch hk drama, do jigsaw puzzle do things which u dun have time to do the last time

What do u ladies do during 2ww to occupy time or distract yourselvesl
I did cross word search in tww.And also thruout waitin for scan or dr aptmt crossword search helps.heeeeee

Hi, I'm scheduled to call KKHIVF hotline to trigger my first scan for my first fresh cycle, once I start to have full flow which is anytime this week Liao.

But problem is I've been having weird menses patterns where I spot for many days with only 2 or 1.5 days full flow. There were a couple of months which the 2 days cannot really count as full flow.

I've been spotting for 5 days now. Today is the 5th. I didn't notice much flow this morning but by afternoon, I needed more than a panty liner. Yet it still doesn't constitute a full flow per say.

Any advice if I should call the hotline already? I worry I may spot the whole way and miss my "1st day".

Hi, I'm scheduled to call KKHIVF hotline to trigger my first scan for my first fresh cycle, once I start to have full flow which is anytime this week Liao.

But problem is I've been having weird menses patterns where I spot for many days with only 2 or 1.5 days full flow. There were a couple of months which the 2 days cannot really count as full flow.

I've been spotting for 5 days now. Today is the 5th. I didn't notice much flow this morning but by afternoon, I needed more than a panty liner. Yet it still doesn't constitute a full flow per say.

Any advice if I should call the hotline already? I worry I may spot the whole way and miss my "1st day".
No harm to call and ask the nurse for advice.

No harm to call and ask the nurse for advice.
I think I'm getting a little jittery and not thinking straight. Ya, should just call and ask hor...

I was also wondering what's the difference with first day of spotting and first day of full flow.

Gathering w friends....watch drama n just sit back to stare at the sky w a cup of kopi/tea ...

Relax babe n think +ve tots ....look at the picture of your embryos n talk to them... I had a journal which I record my tots/feeling thro out the journey. ..It help a lot :)

I think I'm getting a little jittery and not thinking straight. Ya, should just call and ask hor...

I was also wondering what's the difference with first day of spotting and first day of full flow.
are you on med to regulate the med? like nor-e or duphaston? smtim uf menses not regular it helps

are you on med to regulate the med? like nor-e or duphaston? smtim uf menses not regular it helps
No wor. I told Dr THH and the doctor who did the IVF briefing, and wasn't given anything yet. They just told me "it's okay".

My menses are "regular", it comes every month. But the volume differs and recent year, it's been spotting a lot instead of coming at one go.

I watched a lot of K dramas, mostly those romantic comedy & some HK dramas like those police/detective shows. In between did some coloring. Face-booking and online shopping! haha......but avoid goggling for symptoms ya, coz that will really drive u nuts!

I went to work :p

Hello sisters! I will be returning red eggs to ZSNN @ TPY Shuang Lin Si this coming Sunday, 03/07/2016. You can collect it after 11am. Loads of babies dusts to everyone here. It's not an easy journey but if you persevere on, you will see the light at the end of the tunnel. Good Luck!

How can they just turn you away without explaining how the 3 tries failed? After each try failed, did THH sit down and explain in detail exactly what was the cause of each failure and what CHANGES he will make to the next IVF cycle? Where got like that de?

Do you plan to do IVF with private facility? Maybe you can do stims and timed intercourse but without knowing more of why your IVF failed, it is quite hard to make a decision or give advice. There are private doctors all over who do treatments for women who failed even IVF, by giving jabs and then timed BD.

Dinky7, he did went thru with me on the 1st cycle and the 3rd cycle that failed. Only the fourth he din say much but also because it's the egg being ovulated earlier than the retrieval.

He advised me not to do Ivf anymore cos the chances of succeeding is relatively low. Only choice is to try by ourselves. I asked him abt iui he mentioned that it's also possible in my case as the chance is almost the same if I still want to do Ivf.

Having failed several cycles myself under different doctors & seeing different TCMs, I believe no one can give you a detailed or definite answer as to why a cycle can go wrong. If they are able to pin-point what exactly went wrong for each cycle, I believe most of us would have succeeded by the 2nd cycle and not going through multiple tries. The only 1 common thing they will advise is, To keep trying & not give up. So yup, other than trial & error in this journey, IVF is really about perseverance, luck, timing & fate with the baby.

Hi Milogal88, congrats on your newborns. I do agree that Ivf is sort of like trial and error. Even my 3rd cycle that is customed to fit me just like the 2nd cycle that I bfp from, it still failed even though I stayed positive and did all those I did in my 2nd cycle. Haiz. Persevere oso but oso din happen. Dunno when I will get a child in my hands.

Hi ladies, what happens on day of beta blood test? As in do we get to see doc either positive (get more progesterone support) or negative (get a rundown of why fail or make next appt)?

Thanks in advance for replies..cos last time my friend just hung ard for the nurse's call for the test result but not sure if she got to see the Dr.

Back