IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Congrats to you!

You requested to see Dr Tan or they arranged to let you see him after BT at 6dp5dt? I asked because my HCG was 175 the last round on BT day. I was spotting (or light bleeding) and requested for a jab but the nurse refused to give it to me. I had to rush to a private gynae to get a jab. Although it still turned out to be a chemical pregnancy then, just want to understand if there is a change in protocol should anything of such happen. Touch wood of course!!!

Hmmm... i requested to see dr tan cos i panicked (gan cheong first time) and so dr tan say just give me a jab and oral meds for additional support and scheduled me for another bt the following monday. He said my initial hcg reading of 30.5 was low so need to monitor. On mon after my bt results he did not propose anything but just ask me to sit tight and wait for bt today.

I had spotting on wed but the nurse discussed with felicia and told me to wait till today. Today dr tan reviewed and proposed another ja

Hmmm... i requested to see dr tan cos i panicked (gan cheong first time) and so dr tan say just give me a jab and oral meds for additional support and scheduled me for another bt the following monday. He said my initial hcg reading of 30.5 was low so need to monitor. On mon after my bt results he did not propose anything but just ask me to sit tight and wait for bt today.

I had spotting on wed but the nurse discussed with felicia and told me to wait till today. Today dr tan reviewed and proposed another ja

@sharkles, what jab is it that was given?

Hi ladies. Just done with ET. Now official in 2ww! Managed to transfer 2 and another two under observation. Any advise what to eat and what not to eat during 2ww?
You are considered pregnant now, so no raw and cold stuff. Keep your soles warm by wearing socks at night.
Stay chill and get ready good news at the end of 2WW :)

You are considered pregnant now, so no raw and cold stuff. Keep your soles warm by wearing socks at night.
Stay chill and get ready good news at the end of 2WW :)
Thanks for the advise towkayneo. Mine is D3 transfer, which the successful rate is lower than D5 transfer. Plus one of my embryo is grade 3 only and the other is grade 4. My hubby is very supportive thru out this journey so far but he also ask me not to pin so much hope just in case BFN. What I can do now is to make sure I do the necessary during 2ww. At least if it failed, I know I have tried my best.

Thanks for the advise towkayneo. Mine is D3 transfer, which the successful rate is lower than D5 transfer. Plus one of my embryo is grade 3 only and the other is grade 4. My hubby is very supportive thru out this journey so far but he also ask me not to pin so much hope just in case BFN. What I can do now is to make sure I do the necessary during 2ww. At least if it failed, I know I have tried my best.

It was my grade 3 that made it to a b grade blast while my grade 4 was a c grade blast :) dont worry too much on the grade. And there are some school of thoughts that shared that embryo have higher chance of survival in our body than in the lab. Besides 2 embryo will help each other to stick.

Jiayou!

It was my grade 3 that made it to a b grade blast while my grade 4 was a c grade blast :) dont worry too much on the grade. And there are some school of thoughts that shared that embryo have higher chance of survival in our body than in the lab. Besides 2 embryo will help each other to stick.

Jiayou!
Thanks for the encouragement :) By the way are you also given the progesterone vagina insert twice daily?

Thanks for the encouragement :) By the way are you also given the progesterone vagina insert twice daily?
Yes and this crinone was quite annoying for me. Had alot of discharge, clumps, etc. Be sure to wash and dig around otherwise will lead to infection

Reactions: JTH
My time is using those finger insert now is gel type which i find it more good cozno need to lie down in bed. This one require walking around.

Yea and even if you move around. Sometimes the discharge are a few days later. It can be quite gross but its normal cos the body takes the progesterone and the others are being discarded by the body.

I just read about it and its normal to have white/grey clumps discharge. Just be sure to clean properly.

Towards the end you will feel tighter to insert.

Yea and even if you move around. Sometimes the discharge are a few days later. It can be quite gross but its normal cos the body takes the progesterone and the others are being discarded by the body.

I just read about it and its normal to have white/grey clumps discharge. Just be sure to clean properly.

Towards the end you will feel tighter to insert.

Hw come i dun have those discharge wor haha i always try to insert deep in then go walk liao le. But urine time will see it once n no more haha

Dunno leh. Once the discharge was stuck and i was experiencing pain like uti/yeast infection. I had to flush and dig around to remove the clumps
Abit gross la. Den that day i sneeze and felt a lump from my v. I went toilet and wipe a big clump of greyish gunk. I was like. Damn you gel hahah

I feel crinone is better than the capsule type 1 (which is supposed to be taken orally but can insert also). Not so messy imo.

During the tww i drink only warm beverages, eat brazil nuts, pomegranate juice, walnuts, raspberry tea...no raw food... my lining was not very ideal...so i took whatever ppl say is useful

Dunno leh. Once the discharge was stuck and i was experiencing pain like uti/yeast infection. I had to flush and dig around to remove the clumps
Abit gross la. Den that day i sneeze and felt a lump from my v. I went toilet and wipe a big clump of greyish gunk. I was like. Damn you gel hahah

I only encounter brownish discharge on the very first day of my FET after that no more liao.

I feel crinone is better than the capsule type 1 (which is supposed to be taken orally but can insert also). Not so messy imo.

During the tww i drink only warm beverages, eat brazil nuts, pomegranate juice, walnuts, raspberry tea...no raw food... my lining was not very ideal...so i took whatever ppl say is useful

Ya i agree this gel thing is much more easy to use

Jiayou!

Hi shackles , u did ur ivf in kkh? I asked about my grading for the embryos but was told that in kkh they dun do grading??

Hi shackles , u did ur ivf in kkh? I asked about my grading for the embryos but was told that in kkh they dun do grading??

Is it becoz yours are all blast? Coz KKH does not do grading for blast. They would only tell us on how many are frozen. If your frozen ones are D2 or D3, they would be able to tell you the grade.

HELP!

So my scheduled BT was on 31 Mar but during my 2WW i had spotting so i called KKIVF and was asked to go down on 24 Mar and 27 Mar to do BT. My initial BT came back 30.5 and second BT was 118. My scheduled BT on 31 Mar was 502. So accordingly to 2 friends who are with KK and Dr Tan, they only went back for one BT and KKIVF will call them back in the afternoon to take appt letter and prescription. However for me, i was called back to go down and see Dr Tan and was told my case was handed over to Dr Tan. When i asked why i wasnt told to go back to KKIVF they said cos i took more than one BT and my initial reading was less than 250. i dont really understand. the thing is, i know most people will get an appt letter to indicate when to see the dr and also to go to AMC for scan. But for me, i was just told by Felicia to come back on 13 Apr to see Dr Tan. That's it. no mention about scans or going to AMC. i am just scared it is their internal miscommunication but when i called KKIVF, they sounded abit frustrated and told me that i just need to follow what Felicia say. When i tried to call the central number to reach Clinic D, i waited for close to 15mins and it is impossible to get hold of anyone at Clinic D directly.

Does anyone have the same experience with me where you are being referred to see Dr Tan immediately and no mention of scans?

Is it becoz yours are all blast? Coz KKH does not do grading for blast. They would only tell us on how many are frozen. If your frozen ones are D2 or D3, they would be able to tell you the grade.
But i did ask them the grade of the blast they tsf. i also asked the grade of the blast they froze. they said the fully expanded one is C and the early expanded one unable to grade.

HELP!

So my scheduled BT was on 31 Mar but during my 2WW i had spotting so i called KKIVF and was asked to go down on 24 Mar and 27 Mar to do BT. My initial BT came back 30.5 and second BT was 118. My scheduled BT on 31 Mar was 502. So accordingly to 2 friends who are with KK and Dr Tan, they only went back for one BT and KKIVF will call them back in the afternoon to take appt letter and prescription. However for me, i was called back to go down and see Dr Tan and was told my case was handed over to Dr Tan. When i asked why i wasnt told to go back to KKIVF they said cos i took more than one BT and my initial reading was less than 250. i dont really understand. the thing is, i know most people will get an appt letter to indicate when to see the dr and also to go to AMC for scan. But for me, i was just told by Felicia to come back on 13 Apr to see Dr Tan. That's it. no mention about scans or going to AMC. i am just scared it is their internal miscommunication but when i called KKIVF, they sounded abit frustrated and told me that i just need to follow what Felicia say. When i tried to call the central number to reach Clinic D, i waited for close to 15mins and it is impossible to get hold of anyone at Clinic D directly.

Does anyone have the same experience with me where you are being referred to see Dr Tan immediately and no mention of scans?

Relax. Maybe dr tan will do the scan himself anyway 13 apr is just next week so just wait for next week appointment lor. Chill

Relax. Maybe dr tan will do the scan himself anyway 13 apr is just next week so just wait for next week appointment lor. Chill
Cos i dont want to be in a situation where cos of their miscommunication, i have to go to AMC den wait for hours, den come back to see Dr Tan.

Cos i dont want to be in a situation where cos of their miscommunication, i have to go to AMC den wait for hours, den come back to see Dr Tan.

Since u call up kk n they say just listen to what felicia say than u just listen lor maybe will schedule u to amc after meeting dr tan

HELP!

Did they mention abt u preg n prescribe u to take the medicine after ur scheduled BT on 31 mar?

Did they mention abt u preg n prescribe u to take the medicine after ur scheduled BT on 31 mar?
Technically no. They just say ur hcg is this, u come and see dr tan now. But when i was at clinic d, felicia said everything ok, just come back see dr tan 13 apr. Extended my HL and took a jab. Went to collect duphaston and folic acid.

Technically no. They just say ur hcg is this, u come and see dr tan now. But when i was at clinic d, felicia said everything ok, just come back see dr tan 13 apr. Extended my HL and took a jab. Went to collect duphaston and folic acid.

Then shld be fine maybe dr tan want to scan himself so just wait for ur next appointment

Sometimes thh ask to ignore going AMC for scan and he will scan at his clinic. So don't worry.

But i did ask them the grade of the blast they tsf. i also asked the grade of the blast they froze. they said the fully expanded one is C and the early expanded one unable to grade.

Y ur blast got grading? I was told by embryologist they dun haf grading for blast only tell me fully expand

Don't worry. U r in gd hand. Congrats. Dr Tan prefer to scan pt himself. No need to waste so much money. He helps u to save money for other stuff

Thanks babe! I was worried cos some pt under dr tan went to amc and i was told amc was a long wait. Din wanna end up having to go amc if there was mis com. Since dr tan will scan all the more better!

Anyway its ultrasound or v scan?

Me! I got a referral letter to see THH following my BT. I asked the nurse why not AMC coz the machines in AMC are clearer and we get to see more details. She explained that THH wanted to scan me personally. After that scan by THH, i still had to go to AMC for scans a month later for the FTS. So i guess you need not worry much. Just sit tight and remember to do light activities coz you are pregnant now.

Thanks babe! I was worried cos some pt under dr tan went to amc and i was told amc was a long wait. Din wanna end up having to go amc if there was mis com. Since dr tan will scan all the more better!

Anyway its ultrasound or v scan?
Actually the waiting time in AMC has improved a lot. I used to wait for a long time, but in my last visit, i think i only spent 20mins waiting (coz got to transit from financial counselling before they do the scan). Anyway, early pregnancy scans are usually V-scan though some sonographers would try abdominal scan before v-scan.

4dp3dt... haiz. Two more weeks to go. Is it ok to go window shopping during the 2ww? I am so bored! Hahaha. By the way I know this question has been asked many times. When is the right time to do a home pregancy test? And what is the symptom that will trigger you to do a test?

Back