IVF SGH

Hi! I am new here. Anyone can share your experience with IVF at SGH? My doc is Dr Yu Su Lin. I’m going for counselling and blood test Tmr. Doc did mentioned there is no q for SGH but I would like to know the timeline and such. Eg like after my blood test Tmr (my hubby going for SA as well), how Long do I need to wait til they give me medicine to start? What do I need to expect?

Thanks so much!

Hi, wait until your day 1 menses then call them arrange for ultrasound then only decide which type n how much hormone med to inject.. few type like Gona F, Puregon.. Saizen n etc...

Donal F

f517448f4326af044a31e6e2d4d7d6ab.jpg

ÕmG . Are these the injections and medicines? I’m going for blood test and counselling Tmr with my hubby..

All these are injection medicine, no oral medicine for my wife... look so much but actually not scary n needle also small except one slightly big needle.. imagine I help my wife to the injection every morning for 2 cycles (20 days) because we failed in first IVF treatment

Thanks man! That’s very informative! I’m actually quite worried. So Tmr counselling the nurse will tell us everything? I mean I called SGH today so the reception told me the nurse will have a chat with us.

I’m not sure about SGH but they supposed share everything to u.

Our one done at KKH

Hi Excited Daddy

Like to check. During the period for injections, do we need to go back hospital for scans? Noted from your schedule seemed like quite often. Need to pre-empt my boss.

Thanks!!

Hi Excited Daddy

Like to check. During the period for injections, do we need to go back hospital for scans? Noted from your schedule seemed like quite often. Need to pre-empt my boss.

Thanks!!

Hi FunShine,

My friend did it at NUH, she need go back to scan after 3 days, and subsequent is depend on your first scanning. But for KKH, we going back to scan after a week, and subsequently could be 2 days later or even daily bcos they want to monitor n make sure the follicle are not over growth...

PS: u can request MC for the day...

Sorry I meant all these scans I need to go are during injection period? So I’m going to sign consent this week. Will doc prescribe medication on that day too?

Thanks

Injection start right 1-2 days after your menses..

They won’t give u anything until u call them when full bleeding n they will arrange ultrasound next day or so.. then u will only get medicine. Very costly for that. One day injection can cost u $200-$300

They will give u few days medicine only, then ask u go back to do ultrasound again. After that they will decide how much medicine to give u n how many days need to do injection n ask u go back after 1 or few days again.. so on n so on until they saw follicle is ready (ard 18mm) then u will hv to do the trigger injection on the exact timing they ask u, after 36 hours u must go back Hospital for follicle collection (miss that doctor unable to collect follicle n your cycle is wasted) with your husband bcos he need to produce sperm on the same day..

Sorry I meant all these scans I need to go are during injection period? So I’m going to sign consent this week. Will doc prescribe medication on that day too?

Thanks

Surprised why SGH never explain all these to patient!! all this was explain to us during the counseling then we only sign consent

Surprised why SGH never explain all these to patient!! all this was explain to us during the counseling then we only sign consent

During counselling maybe they did mentioned but perhaps I forgotten. They did not give me a copy of the flow too. I’ll ask for that when I go sign consent. :)

Injection start right 1-2 days after your menses..

They won’t give u anything until u call them when full bleeding n they will arrange ultrasound next day or so.. then u will only get medicine. Very costly for that. One day injection can cost u $200-$300

They will give u few days medicine only, then ask u go back to do ultrasound again. After that they will decide how much medicine to give u n how many days need to do injection n ask u go back after 1 or few days again.. so on n so on until they saw follicle is ready (ard 18mm) then u will hv to do the trigger injection on the exact timing they ask u, after 36 hours u must go back Hospital for follicle collection (miss that doctor unable to collect follicle n your cycle is wasted) with your husband bcos he need to produce sperm on the same day..

That’s a lengthy procedure. Seemed like I need to go back to hospital quite often during the period. I shall take note on all these points and ask on Friday.

That’s a lengthy procedure. Seemed like I need to go back to hospital quite often during the period. I shall take note on all these points and ask on Friday.

Haha u won’t feel that when start the treatment. Day by day very fast.. max day of injection around 14-16 normally...

Hi, has anyone here had any luck with EmbryoGen?

I had OR done yesterday by Prof Yu. 10 eggs collected with oocyte activation.

Day 1 - Out of 10 eggs, 7 ICSI’ed, 4 fertilized. Quality yet to be determined.

I’m 38, had 2 cancelled ETs previously at KKIVF due to poor fertilization. I’m a nervous wreck. Praying that my 4 eggs will develop well and hopefully we would have a transfer this time.

Last edited:
Hello,

anyone currently with SGH for IVF?
Need some reviews.
eg how much are the consultation charges etc?

Thank you!

I’m 38, had 2 cancelled ETs previously at KKIVF due to poor fertilization. I’m a nervous wreck. Praying that my 4 eggs will develop well and hopefully we would have a transfer this time.

Hi there! Doc Yu recommended embryogen for my case. I failed my first cycle and she recommended for second cycle. Can share if you are successful with embryogen?

thank you for the info!
may i check how does the co-funding works? And how much did you pay for your cycle in total?
First they will less off the subsidy amount and remaining amt will be deducted through medisave. Total abt 13k limit. U need to pay all the expenses upfront and the nurse will collect the receipts frm you after ER. After that, you will receive a cheque frm SGH abt 1 month later. Only items like blood test, additional tests like PGS, medication and Dr consultation cannot claim through medisave and no subsidy. For first cycle, I fork out cash about $1k. Second cycle, abt $2k because Dr ordered for blastgen which not able to claim.

U can read abt the co-funding here

Hi i did my first cycle at kkh, 24 retrieved, transfer 2 blast but bfn. no frozen.

then i did my second cycle with sgh in April this year. Dr yu ordered embryogen and blastogen for me. they managed to stick but i miscarriage at 9 weeks. retrieved 11, transfer 2 day 3. no frozen so i think there is definitely a difference with embryogen.

Hi i did my first cycle at kkh, 24 retrieved, transfer 2 blast but bfn. no frozen.

then i did my second cycle with sgh in April this year. Dr yu ordered embryogen and blastogen for me. they managed to stick but i miscarriage at 9 weeks. retrieved 11, transfer 2 day 3. no frozen so i think there is definitely a difference with embryogen.

Wah thanks for sharing! I have 7 day 5. Also using embryogen and blastogen, plus growth hormone injection. Did doc suggest PGS?

Wah thanks for sharing! I have 7 day 5. Also using embryogen and blastogen, plus growth hormone injection. Did doc suggest PGS?

oh ya i had hormone injection too. yes she did suggest PGS but we didnt opt for it, anyway my embryos cant make it to day 5 also. wah 7 blast! very good results !

oh ya i had hormone injection too. yes she did suggest PGS but we didnt opt for it, anyway my embryos cant make it to day 5 also. wah 7 blast! very good results !
Oh so is exactly the same as me! My first cycle only 4 blast and 2 grade C. All failed. For my second cycle, I am praying hard for the 7 blast with good grading. U going to continue w SGH? I am considering private hospital if I fail the 2nd cycle (touch wood).

Oh so is exactly the same as me! My first cycle only 4 blast and 2 grade C. All failed. For my second cycle, I am praying hard for the 7 blast with good grading. U going to continue w SGH? I am considering private hospital if I fail the 2nd cycle (touch wood).

so you did ET already or you waiting to do FET? i dont think I will cont with sgh. yup im looking at private now. need a change of luck. ahaha

so you did ET already or you waiting to do FET? i dont think I will cont with sgh. yup im looking at private now. need a change of luck. ahaha
Am waiting for FET in Nov. Not able to transfer at fresh cycle due to high progesterone. 3rd time is a charm! Most of my friends succeeded at private but the cost really hold me back. Baby dust to you :)

Was with Dr Yu.

She’s very experienced and yes, patient in explaining things if you ask. But if u r looking for someone who will tell you everything without you asking or prefer the full plan laid out for you way in advance including all possibilities, then maybe should go private instead.

Dr Yu only gives essential info. No overloading. She only tells me what she feels I need to know at each stage of the procedure and eventually at each stage of the pregnancy.

My baby boy is 9 weeks old today.
I did not have any medical condition, just low ovarian reserve due to my age now. So my success story might not be something to validate the doctor’s capabilities. But overall fairly good experience with sgh care. Sgh obgy is another story.

Am waiting for FET in Nov. Not able to transfer at fresh cycle due to high progesterone. 3rd time is a charm! Most of my friends succeeded at private but the cost really hold me back. Baby dust to you :)

all the best! i think blast has got higher chance! so meanwhile eat and rest well! yup its the cost without the grant that hold me back too. baby dust too!

Was with Dr Yu.

She’s very experienced and yes, patient in explaining things if you ask. But if u r looking for someone who will tell you everything without you asking or prefer the full plan laid out for you way in advance including all possibilities, then maybe should go private instead.

Dr Yu only gives essential info. No overloading. She only tells me what she feels I need to know at each stage of the procedure and eventually at each stage of the pregnancy.

My baby boy is 9 weeks old today.
I did not have any medical condition, just low ovarian reserve due to my age now. So my success story might not be something to validate the doctor’s capabilities. But overall fairly good experience with sgh care. Sgh obgy is another story.
Oh ok. I've decided to book an appt w Dr Hema first. Let's see how it goes...

Oh ok. I've decided to book an appt w Dr Hema first. Let's see how it goes...

My last week appointment was coincidentally with Dr Hema, can’t comment too much yet as i saw her only once, but generally we do feel ok with her. She listens (not rushing) & was quite detailed.

I was informed that when PGS is done in Singapore, the IVF lab would routinely discard "mosaic embryos" that are tested abnormal. The problem is that these "mosaic embryos" have been shown to be able to give rise to normal healthy births. So discarding mosaic embryos may in fact decrease your cumulative chances of pregnancy.

Please see the following websites links and attached figures:

Attachments

• main-qimg-8a00040ff54ed91af774538dbe76ff31.jpg
    main-qimg-8a00040ff54ed91af774538dbe76ff31.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 167
  • main-qimg-fbcc2da528ff810c26f5b0f515de883f.png
    main-qimg-fbcc2da528ff810c26f5b0f515de883f.png
    117.4 KB · Views: 161
  • main-qimg-139f7438ecba53a7812680f993c793ff.jpg
    main-qimg-139f7438ecba53a7812680f993c793ff.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 146
  • main-qimg-826c6a0f36fe912695288d38c89a499a.png
    main-qimg-826c6a0f36fe912695288d38c89a499a.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
First they will less off the subsidy amount and remaining amt will be deducted through medisave. Total abt 13k limit. U need to pay all the expenses upfront and the nurse will collect the receipts frm you after ER. After that, you will receive a cheque frm SGH abt 1 month later. Only items like blood test, additional tests like PGS, medication and Dr consultation cannot claim through medisave and no subsidy. For first cycle, I fork out cash about $1k. Second cycle, abt $2k because Dr ordered for blastgen which not able to claim.

U can read abt the co-funding here

i see i see, now that i have a clearer picture of how it works.
Thank you so much for typing out & sharing the info!! Appreciate it !

hey ladies! so dr yu doesnt really talk much during consultation? im seeing her end of this month for the first time. failed 2 fresh in kkh under thh, no frozen. I have low amh. I hope dr yu can suggest embryogen/ blastgen/ hormone growth jabs to achieve better quality and hopefully some frozens.

I am seeing prof wong at nuh now but i dont think they have embryogen/ blastgen but only hormone growth jabs.

hey ladies! so dr yu doesnt really talk much during consultation? im seeing her end of this month for the first time. failed 2 fresh in kkh under thh, no frozen. I have low amh. I hope dr yu can suggest embryogen/ blastgen/ hormone growth jabs to achieve better quality and hopefully some frozens.

I am seeing prof wong at nuh now but i dont think they have embryogen/ blastgen but only hormone growth jabs.
Hi! How's your consultation with Dr Yu? I am with Dr Yu too. Any queue for ivf cycle?

Back