IVF for Dec/Jan Cycle

Hi ladies,

Glad to join you all in here and share the experience. I was supposed to start IVF last month but fell sick and was put on antibiotics so decided to wait till everything cleared up.

Like @Panffy (hello!), I'm also with Dr Loh and found things a little vague too so am reassured to meet another person going through the same thing. :) Just started my injections tonight (Day 2) and was put on Gonal-F & Pergoveris till Day 6 when I'll be going in for my first scan. Seems like the jab is giving me insomnia so am up typing this at 1.30am eeks!

I've also been kinda worried that my egg retrieval and transfer will clash with the Xmas and NY holidays, but Dr Loh's clinic said that TFC will remain open during that time so am hoping there won't be any issues.

All the best to everyone!

Good luck! :)

I am with NUH and just had my ET done... transferred 2 embabies and resting at home now. Praying hard that they will stick. Really very nervous and all.. because I've never been pregnant before since TTC 3-4 years. This is my first fresh cycle.

Is Pergoveris a painful jab? I was on Gonal F and Menopur for 4 days then they switch me completely to Menopur with high dose, including growth hormone jab. Maybe because I'm late 30s so they wanna just give the heavy dosage.

I am with NUH and just had my ET done... transferred 2 embabies and resting at home now. Praying hard that they will stick. Really very nervous and all.. because I've never been pregnant before since TTC 3-4 years. This is my first fresh cycle.

Is Pergoveris a painful jab? I was on Gonal F and Menopur for 4 days then they switch me completely to Menopur with high dose, including growth hormone jab. Maybe because I'm late 30s so they wanna just give the heavy dosage.

Thanks @catinthesky, wishing you the very best for your 2 embies and hoping you have a smooth 2ww.

Ya the Pergoveris is a bit painful; when the jab went in I felt quite a stinging feeling and had to ask my hubby to pause for a while. Heard it's quite similar to Menopur. Think my doc put me on this combi too cos I'm already 39 so need all the help I can get! :)

When I did IUI a few months back, the follicles were kindof small so I'm really hoping I get a few healthy ones this time, fingers crossed.

Best of luck to u and have a gd rest during the 2ww. Wanted to know how was your ER process? Was it painful?

Thanks @catinthesky, wishing you the very best for your 2 embies and hoping you have a smooth 2ww.

Ya the Pergoveris is a bit painful; when the jab went in I felt quite a stinging feeling and had to ask my hubby to pause for a while. Heard it's quite similar to Menopur. Think my doc put me on this combi too cos I'm already 39 so need all the help I can get! :)

When I did IUI a few months back, the follicles were kindof small so I'm really hoping I get a few healthy ones this time, fingers crossed.

Hi Fujimaru, thanks for the well wishes!

We're about the same age, I'm 38.5! I failed 2 IUI, I produced very little follicles during IUI but it was without injections.

Oh then I think Pergoveris is similar to Menopur. The sting is actually ok lah. :)

I also produced very little follicles for this IVF, didn't respond so well despite the high dosage but thankfully got these 2 to transfer in the end!

Good luck for your fresh cycle! Heard that Dr Loh is very good so you're in good hands!

Best of luck to u and have a gd rest during the 2ww. Wanted to know how was your ER process? Was it painful?

Thanks babe!

ER wasn't painful for me at all because I was under GA! Will you be put under GA too? I only felt pain with the IV drip needle poked me haha.

The anticipation and fear of being in an Operating Theatre overshadowed everything else because I've never been to one before.

After ER I felt some cramps at the ovaries areas and that's about it. I think ladies who get OHSS will feel much more discomfort.

Thanks babe!

ER wasn't painful for me at all because I was under GA! Will you be put under GA too? I only felt pain with the IV drip needle poked me haha.

The anticipation and fear of being in an Operating Theatre overshadowed everything else because I've never been to one before.

After ER I felt some cramps at the ovaries areas and that's about it. I think ladies who get OHSS will feel much more discomfort.

Thanks for sharing, this is assuring. Same sentiments that it is v daunting to be in the op theatre. I'm scheduled to start Ivf this month and beginning to feel jittery

Thanks for sharing, this is assuring. Same sentiments that it is v daunting to be in the op theatre. I'm scheduled to start Ivf this month and beginning to feel jittery

Yes it is daunting to be in OT! Especially with a team of nurses and staff fussing over you. But rest assured they are all so experienced and all you need to do is follow instructions, lie down and wait to be knocked out LOL.

For me, the injections, ER, ET, PIO shots are all really bearable... the worst part will be to find out it's a failure. I think that no physical pain of IVF can compare to that.

Yes it is daunting to be in OT! Especially with a team of nurses and staff fussing over you. But rest assured they are all so experienced and all you need to do is follow instructions, lie down and wait to be knocked out LOL.

For me, the injections, ER, ET, PIO shots are all really bearable... the worst part will be to find out it's a failure. I think that no physical pain of IVF can compare to that.

Totally agree. After a few days became kind of immune to the Jabs. Though ER was painful after that and vomit due to GA, you are absolutely right that nothing beats the heart ache from seeing spotting and BFN eventually.

Hi all..

My first short cycle of ivf will be scheduled next Jan at kkh.. kinda worry that I didn't prepare well for the ivf..

Any advices and what I need to prepare for the ivf journey ?

If ohss...what I need to do ?

Thanks and sorry for so many questions :(

Hi all..

My first short cycle of ivf will be scheduled next Jan at kkh.. kinda worry that I didn't prepare well for the ivf..

Any advices and what I need to prepare for the ivf journey ?

If ohss...what I need to do ?

Thanks and sorry for so many questions :(

Hi pimpim, Don't worry, just drink lots of water, take prenatal vitamins with folate if you haven't started. It's never too late!

I've heard from ladies who got ohss, to talk salty stuff, drink gatorade and lots of egg whites (for protein).

I got ohss after ER and ET.... was hospitalised for a week... they made u on drip and ask u to drink lots of water ....

Hi pimpim, Don't worry, just drink lots of water, take prenatal vitamins with folate if you haven't started. It's never too late!

I've heard from ladies who got ohss, to talk salty stuff, drink gatorade and lots of egg whites (for protein).

Hi catinthesky,

OHSS normally occur after ER right ?

Hi..

Just went for the briefing and registration today. Once my period comes end Dec, 21 days later will start the self jab. I have to do the long cycle. Scared but excited. Weird feeling ever! Good luck to everyone.

Hi natnatinoh,

Your ivf will be at KKH ? what's the briefing all about ? My is scheduled 28 Dec :)

Hi..

Just went for the briefing and registration today. Once my period comes end Dec, 21 days later will start the self jab. I have to do the long cycle. Scared but excited. Weird feeling ever! Good luck to everyone.

Hi natnatinoh,

Your ivf will be at KKH ? what's the briefing all about ? My is scheduled 28 Dec :)

Hi, anyone had E. coli issues with the sperm culture for IVF? If yes, can check if taking the antibotics can resolve the issue?

Hi catinthesky,

thanks alot for your information .. will do so :)

Hi ladies

I doing my IVF last month at SGH and get result this month, sad for me is negative result.. Going to try again ....

Yes. So the nurse told me to eat lots of protein and drink plenty of water just in case I get it.

noted will do so.

I don't have govt funding as both of us are SPR, any idea whether we can pay by installment the remaining balances ? thanks.

noted will do so.

I don't have govt funding as both of us are SPR, any idea whether we can pay by installment the remaining balances ? thanks.

Hi pimpim, I don't think Govt Hospitals allow for installment payment. Maybe if u use credit card, u can check with your credit card bank to see if they can allow you to pay them back in installments?

Hi natnatinoh,

Hi pimpim,

Yes my IVF is with KKH. The briefing is basically explaining to you on the process, subsidies, signing of paperwork and also going through a briefing. It took about nearly 2 hours for mine. If you need MC for the day, they can give you and also the Husband. Hahahah..

Hi pimpim,

Yes my IVF is with KKH. The briefing is basically explaining to you on the process, subsidies, signing of paperwork and also going through a briefing. It took about nearly 2 hours for mine. If you need MC for the day, they can give you and also the Husband. Hahahah..
Hi,
MC is not given to husband.... I asked for it for my hubby but KKH said hubby is not entitled to MC

Hi Fujimaru, thanks for the well wishes!

We're about the same age, I'm 38.5! I failed 2 IUI, I produced very little follicles during IUI but it was without injections.

Oh then I think Pergoveris is similar to Menopur. The sting is actually ok lah. :)

I also produced very little follicles for this IVF, didn't respond so well despite the high dosage but thankfully got these 2 to transfer in the end!

Good luck for your fresh cycle! Heard that Dr Loh is very good so you're in good hands!

How is your 2ww going? You must be excited to reach the end soon and be able to test. :)

I just finished my ER yesterday and will have ET tomorrow (just in time before Xmas closure phew!). They managed to fertilize 3 so I'm really hoping the embies are good quality.

Have you been eating anything special during the 2ww?

How is your 2ww going? You must be excited to reach the end soon and be able to test. :)

I just finished my ER yesterday and will have ET tomorrow (just in time before Xmas closure phew!). They managed to fertilize 3 so I'm really hoping the embies are good quality.

Have you been eating anything special during the 2ww?

Hi fujimaru! That sounds exciting, how many will u be transferring?

I tested bfn this morning (10dp3dt) which sucks. Still trying to be positive and wait till beta day next week.

My 2ww was quite relaxed, I didn't eat anything special apart from staying away from raw food and iced drinks (though I did take some sips here and there, weather is so hot!) continued with my tcm powder drink too.

Hope you have a smooth ET and 2WW ahead! :)

Merry Xmas! Wondering if anyone started injections? I was given orgalutran and gonal F for the short cycle. 5 days on gonal F and next scan in 10 days. Is that what most people are going through?

Hi fujimaru! That sounds exciting, how many will u be transferring?

I tested bfn this morning (10dp3dt) which sucks. Still trying to be positive and wait till beta day next week.

My 2ww was quite relaxed, I didn't eat anything special apart from staying away from raw food and iced drinks (though I did take some sips here and there, weather is so hot!) continued with my tcm powder drink too.

Hope you have a smooth ET and 2WW ahead! :)

Hi catinthesky, thanks! I had 2 embryos transferred this morning; TFC did ICSI and assisted hatching to help them along so hopefully that'll increase our chances.

Sorry to hear about the test but yes stay positive and see what the beta results say. Am hoping you'll have a bfp show up by then, all the very best!

Last edited:
Merry Xmas! Wondering if anyone started injections? I was given orgalutran and gonal F for the short cycle. 5 days on gonal F and next scan in 10 days. Is that what most people are going through?

Hi cheazoo! I just finished my first cycle and for me, the doc prescribed gonal F and pergoveris for day 2 to 6, then added on orgalutran from day 6 to 9. Scanned twice, on day 6 and day 10 before triggering on day 10 evening.

All the best for your cycle!

Hi cheazoo! I just finished my first cycle and for me, the doc prescribed gonal F and pergoveris for day 2 to 6, then added on orgalutran from day 6 to 9. Scanned twice, on day 6 and day 10 before triggering on day 10 evening.

All the best for your cycle!

Thanks fujimaru, you retrieved in a very short time of 10days! Hope you get a bfp in this cycle!

To Catinthesky, know how u feel to see a bfn. Since its out of ur hands now, dont let it spoil ur Xmas. Things might just turn for the better :)

Hi catinthesky, thanks! I had 2 embryos transferred this morning; TFC did ICSI and assisted hatching to help them along so hopefully that'll increase our chances.

Sorry to hear about the test but yes stay positive and see what the beta results say. Am hoping you'll have a bfp show up by then, all the very best!

All the best! I transferred 2 Day-2 embryos at TFC and bfp-ed. :) hope you get your bfp too!

Thanks fujimaru, you retrieved in a very short time of 10days! Hope you get a bfp in this cycle!

To Catinthesky, know how u feel to see a bfn. Since its out of ur hands now, dont let it spoil ur Xmas. Things might just turn for the better :)

Thanks cheazoo! I have already accepted that this cycle is gone but I'm not overly devastated. Us IVF moms are not defeated so easily! Dusting myself off and getting ready for the next step.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year too!

Merry Christmas !!!

Anyone taking tcm herbs during stimms ? and which TCM what you ladies go ?

Hi Pimpim, the nurses told me to stop taking TCM herbs during Ivf. So I'm just taking supplements, eggs, chicken essence, fish for protein.

anyone know how to pay for the ivf balances and by when o ? i dun have govt funding de ..
Pimpim,
I think u directly call Kkh will be more better cause they are the one who know the most!
By the way,which progress u are in the IVF?

I just have the injection of elonva 150mg & will back to KKH on this coming Saturday.

Anyone same as me inject the elonva instead of Gonal F?

Pimpim,
I think u directly call Kkh will be more better cause they are the one who know the most!
By the way,which progress u are in the IVF?

I just have the injection of elonva 150mg & will back to KKH on this coming Saturday.

Anyone same as me inject the elonva instead of Gonal F?

Hi teetee,

i will only start my ivf on jan :)

Hi teetee,

i will only start my ivf on jan :)
Hi pimpim,
Do you know the date kkivf will be open I Jan? I am supposed to be schedule for Dec cycle but menses still not here yet... so I'm a bit worried... wanna know the date for Jan..thanks.

Hi pimpim,
Do you know the date kkivf will be open I Jan? I am supposed to be schedule for Dec cycle but menses still not here yet... so I'm a bit worried... wanna know the date for Jan..thanks.
Hi,havinghope,
Kkivf shld be close from 6/1 to 20/1 if i no mistake!

Hi Cheazoo,
I was given only one elonva injection which can last for 7 days on last saturday.
Back to kkh scan on coming saturday.

Hi Cheazoo,
I was given only one elonva injection which can last for 7 days on last saturday.
Back to kkh scan on coming saturday.

Hi teetee, my scan is also on sat. Whose your doc? So gd u only need 1 injection for the treatment.

Hi Ladies.Im on frozen cycle & transferring in mid-jan.Anything i should start preparing for pre trf? I never did a trf during the fresh..so this is like my1st trf..

To the ladies who are undergoing Ivf this month/Jan and will like to be chat more, I started a whatsapp chat group. Just pm me your number and I'll add u in :)

Baby dust to all!

Hi pimpim,
Hi having hope.

Reopen on 20 jan ... Last day will be next Friday. .. jia yu. . I also worry my menses cannot come in time :( ..

Back