Is it good to give my 5 mths old Karihome infant goat milk?

Piglet75

I changed my baby's milk powder from Enfamil to Similac now to Karihome Goat milk. He is 5 mths plus but he started to refuse to drink milk when he was abt 3 mths. friends advised to change milk bottles and milk podwer. very worried abt his intake

Hi, maybe because you change your milk powder too often that your baby doesn't get use to it. Maybe the Karihome Goat milk doesn't suit him and you should consider to change. There are many possibilities that you can tried and what your friend suggest can try as well. Don't worry about his intake, I believe you will find a way to solve it:)

I changed from Enfamil to Similac was because he refused to drink milk when he was 3 mths.. but now again he is not improving. thats y my friend suggested to change to goat milk but i m not too sure if Karihome is good or comparable to those cows milk off shelf. He was borned 37 wks, weighing 2.7kg and now weighing 6.67kg when he 5mths.. find him like very small but doc nvr say anything...

Aside from him refusing the milk, is there any other reason you change milk brands? And when you say refuse, does this mean he totally doesnt take milk for the whole day? Like on milk-strike?

My boy was drinking 80-90ml every 2 hours in 1st -2nd mth. His intake dropped to 20-60ml every 2-3 hours after his injection, was told its normal that appetite dropped after injection but his appetite nvr return.He nvr ask for milk but i will just make and feed. he dont seems to be hungry and seems like i m forcing him to drink milk at times. So sad and heart breaking to see that. Everything was ok when we brought him to see a doc and was referred to NUH for further check. Trying all ways and means to make him drink more. Friends told me might be milk powder and milk bottles so i changed. Improved but same prb came back.. asked doc and started porridge once hit 4mths. And now, sis in law suggested to change to goat milk. and only saw Karihome brand and actually trying out now. hopefully it will be better and his appetite will improve. Sad thing is his next injection is coming up again soon.

My boy was drinking 80-90ml every 2 hours in 1st -2nd mth. His intake dropped to 20-60ml every 2-3 hours after his injection, was told its normal that appetite dropped after injection but his appetite nvr return.He nvr ask for milk but i will just make and feed. he dont seems to be hungry and seems like i m forcing him to drink milk at times. So sad and heart breaking to see that. Everything was ok when we brought him to see a doc and was referred to NUH for further check. Trying all ways and means to make him drink more. Friends told me might be milk powder and milk bottles so i changed. Improved but same prb came back.. asked doc and started porridge once hit 4mths. And now, sis in law suggested to change to goat milk. and only saw Karihome brand and actually trying out now. hopefully it will be better and his appetite will improve. Sad thing is his next injection is coming up again soon.
It could also be the teat being too small. Had this problem before with my #1 baby. Switched to next stage teat and she finished her bottle fairly quickly. I know it can be frustrating, just hang in there and keep trying :)

It could also be the teat being too small. Had this problem before with my #1 baby. Switched to next stage teat and she finished her bottle fairly quickly. I know it can be frustrating, just hang in there and keep trying :)
i tried bigger teats but he cannot cope with the flow.. so really dunno wat happened..

Back