Info on Tongue Tied Release

Mayochuu

Hi fellow mummies!

Anyone know the estimated cost for tongue tie release for an infant? Please advice! Thank you

Not very sure of the cost. Abt a few hundred. Is a snap under the tongue abt 10mins procedure. Will help to improve latching. Do it early baby will not know the pain. Once is done will not affect the speech in future.

Mummies, what made you suspect your lo has tongue tie? I may be paranoid but my 3mo has always had a shallow latch so I'm starting to worry it may be tongue tie?

Mummies, what made you suspect your lo has tongue tie? I may be paranoid but my 3mo has always had a shallow latch so I'm starting to worry it may be tongue tie?

Hi,

I was told by my lactation consultant when I was still in the hospital. And then she informed my PD to check on it. It will be quite obvious if your baby is tongue tied, the membrane connected to under tongue is very outwards

Hi,

I was told by my lactation consultant when I was still in the hospital. And then she informed my PD to check on it. It will be quite obvious if your baby is tongue tied, the membrane connected to under tongue is very outwards
Thanks! I'm not sure if tongue tie is something routine that my PD checks for at birth. I also understand there are varying severity of tongue tie. Some not so obvious.

Thanks! I'm not sure if tongue tie is something routine that my PD checks for at birth. I also understand there are varying severity of tongue tie. Some not so obvious.

Hi there,

Yes there are different level of tongue tie. My baby had a mild one in the eyes of the professionals and they say it shouldn't be affecting latching however, I wasn't able to latch at 3rd day after birth due to the pain at the nipple because of this issue. So bad that I bleed. And my lactation consultant said she has seen more severe tongue tie cases but baby still latches very well. So they didn't quite advise me to do the release.

Personally I did it ($350sgd) for my baby at day4 cause I want to latch him properly and that if it were to affect his speech later in life then might as well do the tongue tie release now where it's all easier. After 1yo will need to go through GA for the snip.

Maybe you could go to your PD and discuss with him/her?

I have heard from my friend, they brought their baby to consult the lactation consultant to seek the opinion if the infant has a functional problem with feeding, and they will refer to Dr. Yue Weng Cheu at DP Dental. Overall total bill end up lesser than 1k. They use laser to release the tongue tie so the wound heal faster, no blood and after the surgery, you can start to breastfeed to the infant immediately.

Hi there,

Yes there are different level of tongue tie. My baby had a mild one in the eyes of the professionals and they say it shouldn't be affecting latching however, I wasn't able to latch at 3rd day after birth due to the pain at the nipple because of this issue. So bad that I bleed. And my lactation consultant said she has seen more severe tongue tie cases but baby still latches very well. So they didn't quite advise me to do the release.

Personally I did it ($350sgd) for my baby at day4 cause I want to latch him properly and that if it were to affect his speech later in life then might as well do the tongue tie release now where it's all easier. After 1yo will need to go through GA for the snip.

Maybe you could go to your PD and discuss with him/her?

Hi there, could you pls advise me where you had the tongue tie snip done? I need the info urgently pls as I'm in a lot of pain bfeeding my 2 month old. Thanks in advance!

Back