Hurt and lost

Cherrymint90

In search of an avenue to rant. TIA for your patience!

I was married once but the marriage only lasted for less than a year. We dated for more than 5 years before we decided to settle down but he wasn’t ready for the lifetime commitment. He asked for annulment and my world came crashing down.

Few years had passed and I’m still recovering from the pain. I managed to open up myself to meet stranger from online dating app recently and it came to my realization that I do not want a real relationship anymore but more of a FWB (a little more than friend but less than a couple).

Managed to matched a divorcee with kids (but kids not with him) and agreed upon the NSA arrangement. We met twice and went to bed once at his place (he stay alone), overall was good but I’m really afraid of the emotional attachment feelings would kick in anytime soon. We both have busy schedule, we are ok to meet 1-2 times in a month but text quite often during the day. I tried to ignore his message but he’ll always take the initiative to start the convo going.

This is my first time going into such arrangement and had done some reading to it. But might be hard to act on the actual arrangement. Should I call it quit and end this?

Last edited:

it depends what u really want...few years have passed since the annulment, why not you give this relationship a try instead of NSA arrangement? if you are very sure you would like to have a FWB relationship and you seem to have fallen for him, then my advice will be to end this before u get hurt..

I agreed with sadgirl85.
Based on what TS mentioned, i guess probably he had such experience before. If not, maybe he too having the same thoughts as you? That is slowly develop feelings for you?
Why not tell him how you feel? Or give this rs a chance?

thanks both for your replies. Did clarify with him prior to the arrangement, both of us didn’t have NSA before and our first time trying.

we both didn’t want any commitment for the time being but perhaps we’re just a companion for each other and someone to talk to at the end of the day.

ever since the annulment, I don’t dare to put in any emotional feelings to any relationship anymore.

i guess u really need to decide if FWB is for you....cause not everyone is suitable for such especially for ladies as we usually link sex with love. u 2 can also date exclusively for awhile to see if he suits you..dont let past relationship haunts you..it's just not worth it..not every guy is a jerk :)

Yes.. we ladies usually will get emotional esp with sex going on. We need the feel in order to have sex, while most men can just have sex without the feel.

Maybe can tell him your feel? And see whay his reaction is

Thanks all for your advice! Maybe will voice out to him next time when I meet him...

Agree that ladies do need emotional preparedness when it comes to sex. It took me awhile to get prepared before heading to the bedroom on our second meet up. But tbh I don’t even recall how he look like till now...

Yes. We need emotional to have sexm..
What you mean you don't recall how he look like now?
You mean so far you only met him twice? Second time was on bed? Since then you both never meet up?

Yep met twice only. Catch up over lunch during lunch break and chatted with mask on.

Second date was at his place and yep went to bed alr. Didn’t meet up since cuz of our busy schedule.

Ah i see. Then i suggest you better voice out to him asap. No need to meet up also can voice out. See how he react...

Though in this case i will suggest you to let go then holding on...

Fwb to be honest, not for everyone, especially for we ladies.

You need to ask yourself what are you looking for? If just pure sex, yes then fwb is for you. If no, will suggest you don't even step into such. Because feelings and emotional may develop through time.

Seems you are starting to show the sign of developing of feeling after 2nd meet up. It can also show and meant you aren't ready and suitable for such. Will suggest you to stop with him before things gets complicated, where emotional grow stronger and you may not be able to pull yourself out from there.

Lucky that you both rarely meet aa well, which give you more time to think of what you really want. If after thinking through, you still think to continue with him, then by all means. But have to be mentally prepare that you may feel more hurt at the later stage...

hi do u consider this kind of casual fling can cost u your life..health wise very risky..a man who went on bed on second date and meets u seldom will not hesitate to do same with other women too..as just 1 fling cannot keep him waiting for u forever..not mean to be harsh but think facts

hi do u consider this kind of casual fling can cost u your life..health wise very risky..a man who went on bed on second date and meets u seldom will not hesitate to do same with other women too..as just 1 fling cannot keep him waiting for u forever..not mean to be harsh but think facts
I have to agree with this. You better pray hard his house does not have pinhole camera. My suggestion is better to let go.

I have to agree with this. You better pray hard his house does not have pinhole camera. My suggestion is better to let go.
I will be more worried about dreaded diseases u can get even if protection used with these flings. the number of transmitted diseases with saliva etc pls google and see

U seriously want to offer 'free service' to him? He go outside aso needs to pay, and u offer free w a healthy body...

If u are OK w fwb or nsa or free sex, might as well match w a rich man. All queuing for u leh. At least u gain $.

If not u wil b worst off if u continue. Get the fine line clear. He calls u for his sexual needs, nothing else. Evry week sure cal one. Dont worry. U are better than him getting a doll. Free somor... Plsss...

At least consider having a bf wo marriage commitment. Minimum u knw he will b ard for u emotionally in case u need him.

Failed marriage only la. So big deal until want to degrade yourself til that level? U offering foc leh... u sure your upbringing is worth nothing?

For men, fwb is the same as hookups. You only be value as a object of entertainment. He is just using you for sex here, and life isn’t a fairytale, he is not going to change his mind and only wants that.

You could be just one of his many fwb/hookups (no matter what he told you, don’t be too naive to believe everything he said) and as the saying goes, you are not just sleeping with him, you are sleeping with everyone he is and has been sleeping with. A man looking for hookups/fwb on dating app is not trustworthy. It is a slippery slope if you choose to continue. It can cause a lot of emotional and psychological damage.

Don’t stop looking for your life partner. There are still a lot of good men out there.You need to learn to protect yourself well because single woman can be a easy target for playboy/fuckboy.

Hmm...i guess you are an adult. So able responsible choices. As long as on use of physical or mental force, than anything goes yea.

Google and read this:

Title. : Syphilis is not dead : Dating apps, HIV pill, risky sex help push disease to forefront again

Author. : Eveline Gan

Published: 13 July 2019

Google and read this:

Title. : Syphilis is not dead : Dating apps, HIV pill, risky sex help push disease to forefront again

Author. : Eveline Gan

Published: 13 July 2019

Also read : A million people a day get sexual infections, WHO warns

Published : 7 June 2019

I am not condoning cheating, its morally unsound. But adults have a mind to be aware of all this, just like smoking; its bad but people do it.

I am not condoning cheating, its morally unsound. But adults have a mind to be aware of all this, just like smoking; its bad but people do it.
yes. but not adult think correctly.
we have to let them know it's wrong and shouldn't do that

The line between black and white is blurred now, its always an exception. Like love fizzled out, or the wife not giving sex for years.

but same time be ready to face consequences which can be dangerous at times..even with smoking

Back