How to conceive a girl

mrs_chong

Dear mummies, i have a son and now im trying to conceive a baby girl.My cycle is not so regular after i give birth 3 years ago so probably my cycle is about 35-40days.For my understanding if wanna conceive a girl, avoid doing during ovulation so is it to do right after mens stop till going to ovulate then stop and after ovulate to do again? Pls advice thanks.

Quite confused...to do before ovulation but i dont know how to see if im not ovulating. The ovulation kit? i never use before but i thought it is to check for ovulating? so i use the test kit to test if ovulating then avoid doing on that few days?

Actually I wanted a second boy and we prepped everything, from taking ovulation test and putting my legs up high (30 mins) just like my last conception. We did it during ovulation.

But this time kena gal...The only difference this time was that husband was sick a week ago before ovulation and I told him to throw away "sick soldiers" since he was on antibiotics. Think this caused his total sperms count to be less and thinner

So i think its better to buy a ovulation kit.If ovulate day then dont do.I will think best is after mens first few days do when not ovulating or few days before mens.Can recommend which ovulation kit is good? first time buying haha bt dont wanna spend so much though.

Based on scientific facts I knw, male sperms (sperms carrying the male chromosomes) are fast agile (swim faster) but die faster, while the female sperms (sperms carrying the female chromosomes), are slower (swim slower) but tend to live longer.

Thus from this, there are speculations out there that says, if you want baby boy, higher chances of boy when have sex during ovulation, and girl, higher chances when have sex before ovulating (after mensus).

Yes yes gonna try right after mens and 1 week before coming mens.Then i will think ovulation kit is not useful then since not testing for ovulation?

hi
my previous post states that im using shettles method to conceive girl. tdy my gynae has cmf with me its a girl! i so happy. shettles method really works for me!!

Congras Elyn, i wish to have a girl too.Well im going to follow the method too.

ya. actually before u try. do eat acidic stuffs like yorgurt or ice lemon tea. mk ur vagina acidic. harsh environment to male sperms. i got follow too. hope u get baby gal too :)

this is really interesting! I didn't know of this shettles method.. and I just did a google so thought I will share it here

To Get a Girl (According to Shettles):

• Have intercourse 2-3 days before ovulation and avoid intercourse just before ovulation until 2 days after ovulation and when you have peak cervical fluid: The idea is that when you have sex a few days before ovulation, only the X-chromosome “girl sperm” will be left in the female reproductive tract waiting to fertilize the egg when it is released.
  • Have intercourse with shallow penetration: Shettles recommends “missionary position”or any position that will deposit the sperm slightly away from the cervix, giving advantage to the longer living, but slower X-chromosome-carrying sperm.
  • Women avoid orgasm: Shettles suggests women avoid orgasm because it makes the vaginal environment more alkaline, and less acidic and is disadvantageous to the X-chromosome “girl sperm”.

this is really interesting! I didn't know of this shettles method.. and I just did a google so thought I will share it here

To Get a Girl (According to Shettles):

• Have intercourse 2-3 days before ovulation and avoid intercourse just before ovulation until 2 days after ovulation and when you have peak cervical fluid: The idea is that when you have sex a few days before ovulation, only the X-chromosome “girl sperm” will be left in the female reproductive tract waiting to fertilize the egg when it is released.
  • Have intercourse with shallow penetration: Shettles recommends “missionary position”or any position that will deposit the sperm slightly away from the cervix, giving advantage to the longer living, but slower X-chromosome-carrying sperm.
  • Women avoid orgasm: Shettles suggests women avoid orgasm because it makes the vaginal environment more alkaline, and less acidic and is disadvantageous to the X-chromosome “girl sperm”.

yes.. im using this method. and i got a girl :)

A friend tried this Shettles method and is still a boy. I really think it depends to the individual whether you have the luck of a mix gender.

But those trying for girl its no harm trying.I will still buy a ovulation kit to test for ovulation and avoid doing the ovulation periods.

Maybe you can try the fun way like swinging the wedding band on your palms. You can try to search online on how to do it. I tried a few on my friends and it's quite accurate. Start by asking the 1st gender of your child, must always start from the 1st gender of the child. Like for eg: What's the 1st gender of my child? Follow by what's the 2nd gender of my child and ongoing. Circle=Girl while through and forth=boy. I tried on a colleague who has 4 boys and it's very accurate.

Back