How can I stop breastpumping?

Ohcarol

Hi, need advise how to stop breast pumping.... Planning to stop breast feeding for my 18 days old baby girl... Due to my condition I think is better for her on formula...

I guess your body will stop producing once u stop letting your gal latched.

Your gal is only 18 days old n hence dont think your body wld have produce a lot of milk yet... (I think)

I have stop latching since day 4...she has been bottle feed since then..... I will try to drag my pumping longer as to stop eventually.. Thanks for ur reply

I have stop latching since day 4...she has been bottle feed since then..... I will try to drag my pumping longer as to stop eventually.. Thanks for ur reply

Hi, need advise how to stop breast pumping.... Planning to stop breast feeding for my 18 days old baby girl... Due to my condition I think is better for her on formula...

Unless you need to take some medication and as per doc’s advise due to some health issue.. else I think can just continue to bf ba..

Btw, if you do really need to stop, don latch and don pump so frequent.. lesser demand, lesser supply...

Unless you need to take some medication and as per doc’s advise due to some health issue.. else I think can just continue to bf ba..

Btw, if you do really need to stop, don latch and don pump so frequent.. lesser demand, lesser supply...

Pls do consider BF as long as u can. There are too many health benefits over BF babies.
If for some reasons u can't, Use cold cabbage. Keep wrapping around your breasts 1-2 days the milk will stop producing .

some parents have certain reasons that they can’t breastfeed.

if given the choice, who would want to stop.

it’s not up to us to decide for them or judge them.

a fellow mother shared with me that her body somehow did not produce enough nutrients or vitamins (maybe genetic condition) so the baby had to turn to formula milk.

Just reduce the amount And frequency u express ... just express enough to reduce ur discomfort .
Ur body will slowly and surly stop producing .
But however little u express .. just feed to ur baby before u give her the formula .
Take care .. get well soon and good luck .

Back