HDB shld restrict the number of tenants allowed to stay in 1 flat

My neighbour's 3 room flat has a total of 5 adults and 4 young children.

Too much noise generated from them!

Day and night, even midnight!

Not surprising. One of my neighbours have new occupants every few months + some are advertising their rooms for rental. Have you alerted the Town Council or HDB?

Yesterday, the tenant was smoking and shouting at his kids outside their flat in the common corridor. My son was asleep after taking medicine. I asked them to lower their volume. The tenant shouted back at me even louder and very fierce. He say he is at "his area" and can do what he likes.

Hello... that's not his "area". It's the common corridor.

He challenged me to call the police, which I did. The police came. The tenant talked to them softly. The police adviced me to make a complain to HDB and HDB will send them a warning letter. Complain can include their noise, and their things obstructing the common corridor.

After the police left, the neighbour closed their door and didnt make any noise for the rest of the day.

My neighbour's own family is already v noisy with 2 kids who likes to fight and throw tantrums. The parents talk like they are shouting. They sometimes shout from their flat to downstairs.

Now, they rent out 1 bedroom to another family w 2 young children and 2 adults, who are equally noisy!!

The grandmother of the family visits regularly and she's like a garang guni, going around the estate to collect things and store them along the corridor. Their flat STINKS when we walk pass.

I have made many complains to the police, and town council before as they used to make noise up till 2am. I think the town council or HDB did send them a letter before.

I can't wait to move away!! In fact the neighbour has caused so much disturbance, it's driving me crazy with lack of sleep due to their noise!!!!

Will it help to record the din/scene as evidence? Must be really tough putting up with such neighbours
sad.gif

Yup. For 3 room, e maximum tenant allowed is 6 person. As long as u have evidence it exceeds hdb will take action.

i wrote wrongly. Not the number of tenants, i mean HDB shld restrict the total number of people staying in 1 flat!!

my neighbour has 2 children, husband and wife, plus a grandma who visits fr neighbouring country and goes back once visa is up. Their tenant is husband n wife plus 2 kids.

and my neighbour is giving birth next month!

I thought of taking photos and videos as well, but I thought it's kinda intruding privacy. And, the very fierce male tenant or the male owner might just beat me up.

Back