First Timer

AuroraCampbell

Any recommendations on pre-pregnancy clinic/ obstetrician? It is my first time trying to conceive and thought it might be good to have the pre-conception checklist covered, could get some advice too!

Any recommendations on pre-pregnancy clinic/ obstetrician? It is my first time trying to conceive and thought it might be good to have the pre-conception checklist covered, could get some advice too!

Hi, I had my pre-conception screening last year with Dr Pamela Tan. She is nice and gentle, I did not feel rushed during my consultation with her. First consultation will take a little long as Dr Tan has to ask you various questions regarding your health. Screening will include blood tests, ultrasound of the womb and pap smear.

https://drpamelatan.com/pre-conception-health-screening/

I have been using Raffles Hospital before I was married and used several gynaes. I first started out with Dr Karolyn Goh when I was not married yet.

After I was married, I switched to Dr Joan Thong and she prescribed me Metformin (med-high insulin) and Revosit. She also gave me Letrozole 2.5mg as I wanted to try and get pregnant. I have PCOS (many small egg follicles - I think 13 on the left and 5 on the right - not growing). During this time, I made huge changes to my lifestyle as bloodwork done in the US also showed that I have a high toxin load (contributed by environmental toxins). I omitted dairy as it causes inflammation and switched to plant based milk. I cut down on soy and only use organic/non-gmo soy. I removed chemicals from my household and only use clean laundry detergent, cleaning supplies etc (totally cut out cholrine which is a huge culprit in most households). I stopped using plastic as much as I can (glass and stainless steel). Introduced lots of greens, sprouted grains/seeds and fruits.

However, I stay in the US and my schedule to SG this time round did not allow me to see Dr Thong. I switched to Dr Koh for follow up. During the scan, Dr Koh noticed that PCOS symptoms improved as I only have 2 follicles on right and 3 on left even with Letrozole. A PCOS patient will have many and with Letrozole, a lot more. I was happy to hear that and decided to go with SO-IUI as I only have a month here and need to time everything nicely. I am post 8th day IUI now and keeping my fingers crossed. Hubby also did his semen/sperm analysis (ok morphology - 3, sperm count ok at 21 mil but motility is at 57%). Dr says we can try it the normal way but I didn’t want to waste this opportunity so I decided to do IUI right away and doc says to just go for SO-IUI.

I'd like to recommend Dr Ben Choey Wei Yen :) He's my gynae and friend. You can consult with him about pre-pregnancy assessments and tests. Wishing you all the best! :)

Back