Feeling guilty not going to work due to gynae's instruction

Hi @Kellycw, i actually did not go to work in my first trimester too. Was at home for about 6 weeks due to bad MS, some spotting etc. Try to keep urself occupied and remember, u didnt choose to be like this. Keep ur loved ones close to u and tell urself its all for the baby and better than u having productivity issues even if u forced urself to go to work. Jiayou!

Hi @Kellycw, i actually did not go to work in my first trimester too. Was at home for about 6 weeks due to bad MS, some spotting etc. Try to keep urself occupied and remember, u didnt choose to be like this. Keep ur loved ones close to u and tell urself its all for the baby and better than u having productivity issues even if u forced urself to go to work. Jiayou!
Tks Twirlycandy :) I know I need to listen to gynae instructions for my baby.. Keep reminding myself shouldn't let work stress me.. Tks for ur sharing.

Hey.. U r not alone..
I was on 4 weeks hospital leave in my first trimester due to heavy bleeding.
Took 2 weeks leave in Dec due to office renovating (as advised by coils but renovation till now has not complete yet)
Then 2 weeks ago on 5 days MC due to sinus infection (too much dust from office renovation).
Now I'm 25 weeks and on 7 days hospital leave again due to constant sharp pain in right abdomen which gynae worried may be scar rupture or appendicitis.
This pregnancy is really eventful and I actually worry I will hv prenatal depression..

I also feel very bad abt keep absenting from work. Actually I prefer to go work, at least it keep me occupy and I won't think too much..

My cousin actually tell me to consider to take unpaid leave for my 3rd trimester to rest well. And I actually got back problem, so also duno if by then am I able to carry the baby's weight. Who knows maybe I need bed rest again... Haiz...

Don't think too much about it. I had very bad ms and I had to quit working as my line work was all about hard deadlines. Been home for the past 5ish months and I am very relaxed and feeling much better than before other than he occasional backache here and there. Of course I have lost out on the maternity leave benefits but health and baby is more impt. :)

Don't think too much about it. I had very bad ms and I had to quit working as my line work was all about hard deadlines. Been home for the past 5ish months and I am very relaxed and feeling much better than before other than he occasional backache here and there. Of course I have lost out on the maternity leave benefits but health and baby is more impt. :)

Totally agreed with u.

Hey.. U r not alone..
I was on 4 weeks hospital leave in my first trimester due to heavy bleeding.
Took 2 weeks leave in Dec due to office renovating (as advised by coils but renovation till now has not complete yet)
Then 2 weeks ago on 5 days MC due to sinus infection (too much dust from office renovation).
Now I'm 25 weeks and on 7 days hospital leave again due to constant sharp pain in right abdomen which gynae worried may be scar rupture or appendicitis.
This pregnancy is really eventful and I actually worry I will hv prenatal depression..

I also feel very bad abt keep absenting from work. Actually I prefer to go work, at least it keep me occupy and I won't think too much..

My cousin actually tell me to consider to take unpaid leave for my 3rd trimester to rest well. And I actually got back problem, so also duno if by then am I able to carry the baby's weight. Who knows maybe I need bed rest again... Haiz...

Health comes first. If not, the $ that we earned will go to the medical bills.
Take a good rest if u need to.

I also took lot of Mc during my 1st trimester due to itchiness ,bloated and diarrhea issue . And I do took my child sick leave as my 9 month plus son have eczama issue . I do feel guilty of not going to work and left my work undone with no covering officer.. When I reported back to work I was reprimanded by my bosses even though they know I am pregnant .. I feel helpless sometimes and even cried out at night. I am still enduring it and hope I can pull through till I deliver this July .

basically there is nothing to feel guilty about for not going to work unless you have a very good and understanding人情 boss 。
otherwise there is nothing to feel guilty about
all bosses are the same.when they need you,they will treat you well
when they do not need you,especially if we have took full 4 month maternity leave at home and for those typical local companies bosses
all are the same.看不开 to pay us to stay at home although this is MOM rules.
and they will make things difficult for us to leave.
end of the day,our health and bb is more impt.
work is just secondary .you can always work elsewhere.
只要你能屈能生还怕找不到工吗?

Hi, agree that an understanding and supportive boss is important at this stage. I was also asked to stay at home for 2 weeks by my gynae during my 1st trimester due to some spotting. I told my lady boss about my condition and luckily she's understandable. Even now at 20th weeks, I still have to take mc on and off due to not sleeping well at night and next day, having headache or giddy.... nothing beats more than having a good health and body to support the pregnancy

I'm feeling much better after reading all ur msgs:) now I'm just looking fwd to the next gynae appt n my 2nd trimester:D

Btw, do u all dare to eat fruits like apple etc :( so many kind of news recently n I'm so paranoid with wat I eat nowadays too. Hb keeping telling me not to be so paranoid but I just cannot help it..

Look in a way, the Co can easily find someone to replace u. However your family is irreplaceable.
U can always find a new job but can u replace your children?

Btw, do u all dare to eat fruits like apple etc :( so many kind of news recently n I'm so paranoid with wat I eat nowadays too. Hb keeping telling me not to be so paranoid but I just cannot help it..
Peel off the skin. Soak and wash thoroughly. U be fine.

Just don't have the apples for now. Snacked on mandarin oranges not too long ago. :)

Do u all sign the package with the gynae at the first appt?
Well depends if you are comfortable with your gynae. I got my package after a couple of visits due to good reviews and testimonials. I also went to a few gynae to get pre pregnancy scans done to ensure everything was ok and to get a feel of the doc and clinic.

My ms was very bad, now going to deliver in 3 weeks time, still nauseous and yucky mouth taste

I'm in banking, stressful targets and all, but no choice. Got hospitalized once, basically cannot work all the way. First few months very bad viomit n my colleagues got worried becoz they can hear me breathe hard and look terrible

I wanted to take no pay leave but I was very lucky my bosses were v understanding...Now I'm on early 1 month maternity leave

Basically didn't work for 7-8 months...but really no choice. People see me in office now, say I so big better go home...

I am into my 10th week now.
I have been "working from home" since the week of cny as I was spotting and MS very bad.
I can't get out of bed and feel dizzy and nausea and sick all the time.

Feeling bad n guilty also. And I try to drag myself to office at least once a week. Although I know I shouldn't. Generally after I go back to office for 1/2 day my condition for the next couple of days will be bad.

But can't help feeling bad.

Back